Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

    Assalam Alaikum

    A friend came with an idea of selling used xbox one and 360. He had a great plan and i agreed to it. But selling these are haram right. I mean we are selling something that make people waste their time and they see pictures etc. it they play games so while playing games they see pictures which is again haram and they listen to the background music?


    JazakAllah
    Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 08-12-15, 06:27 AM.
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

  • #2
    Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

    Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
    Assalam Alaikum

    A friend came with an idea of selling used xbox one and 360. He had a great plan and i agreed to it. But selling these are haram right. I mean we are selling something that make people waste their time and they see pictures etc. it they play games so while playing games they see pictures which is again haram and they listen to the background music?


    JazakAllaj
    First of all video games is not haram I believe. It's a time waster yes but that's everything else really..... be it the computer, phone, playing football all day etc.

    Second... going by your logic, it would mean that selling phones, computers, TV's and everything else which has access to the internet or wastes your time is haram.
    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

      Wa Alaikum Assalam,

      Nahmaduhu wa nu salli Ala rasulihil Kareem,

      I think that you should not sell the xbox, this is correct...


      just give them to me we can fix this problem. I will do some research..ahm
      Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

        Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
        Assalam Alaikum

        A friend came with an idea of selling used xbox one and 360. He had a great plan and i agreed to it. But selling these are haram right. I mean we are selling something that make people waste their time and they see pictures etc. it they play games so while playing games they see pictures which is again haram and they listen to the background music?


        JazakAllaj
        No? Selling haram video games would be another story all together...

        Note: I looked up Islamic xbox games trying to prove my point, but all I discovered is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kakuto Chojin, and LittleBigPlanet were all recalled for using Quranic verses... Research fail.
        tumblr_m7bjr0xDHj1rbsctpo1_500.jpg

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

          Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
          No? Selling haram video games would be another story all together...

          Note: I looked up Islamic xbox games trying to prove my point, but all I discovered is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Kakuto Chojin, and LittleBigPlanet were all recalled for using Quranic verses... Research fail.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]81334[/ATTACH]
          :rotfl:

          You can give them to me Gslayer. I'll play some quran on it and make halal use of it. and then later maybe immerse myself in videogames.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

            Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
            :rotfl:

            You can give them to me Gslayer. I'll play some quran on it and make halal use of it. and then later maybe immerse myself in videogames.
            no actually a friend of mine discovered a cheap place to get xbox one and 360 so that we could sell it for a profit but then i thought its haram so i will tell him today that sorry bro, i cannot do it
            Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

              Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
              no actually a friend of mine discovered a cheap place to get xbox one and 360 so that we could sell it for a profit but then i thought its haram so i will tell him today that sorry bro, i cannot do it
              Dude ignore all ^, listen it can be haram and halal, halal if someone uses it properly, plays video games to relax from studies pressure and haram if someone gets addicted and stays all night and misses fajr(that's up to the person), you don't care what the buyer is going to do of it,it's his life and he controls it...

              Guys sometimes you have to think logically before you give fatwa from you own, like see whats most logical and consult his heart



              On the authority of an-Nawas bin Sam'an (may Allah be pleased with him), the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:

              "Righteousness is in good character, and wrongdoing is that which wavers in your soul, and which you dislike people finding out about."

              [Muslim]

              And on the authority of Wabisah bin Ma'bad (may Allah be pleased with him) who said,

              "I came to the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) and he (peace be upon him) said, 'You have come to ask about righteousness.' I said, 'Yes.' He (peace be upon him) said, 'Consult your heart. Righteousness is that about which the soul feels at ease and the heart feels tranquil. And wrongdoing is that which wavers in the soul and causes uneasiness in the breast, even though people have repeatedly given their legal opinion [in its favour].'"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                Originally posted by IbnTaymiyyah View Post
                Dude ignore all ^, listen it can be haram and halal, halal if someone uses it properly, plays video games to relax from studies pressure and haram if someone gets addicted and stays all night and misses fajr(that's up to the person), you don't care what the buyer is going to do of it,it's his life and he controls it...

                Guys sometimes you have to think logically before you give fatwa from you own, like see whats most logical and consult his heart

                I see people state this so many times.

                Now when I have the chance to ask, tell me, who made a fatwa in this thread? It's funny because you made a fatwa right here in your comment while others said they "only believe it might be halal".
                "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                  xbox sucks anyway ...

                  get the ps4 to play fifa.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                    Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    I see people state this so many times.

                    Now when I have the chance to ask, tell me, who made a fatwa in this thread? It's funny because you made a fatwa right here in your comment while others said they "only believe it might be halal".
                    That 'I think or I might' makes a big difference , it's either you're sure or no..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                      Originally posted by IbnTaymiyyah View Post
                      That 'I think or I might' makes a big difference , it's either you're sure or no..
                      bro i respect what you said

                      but still to me it looks like a bad idea as despite what people say games nowadays have adult content further there are lots of pictures of women, there is music in background so im gonna discard this idea. There are other ideas I have for business, which are more profitable


                      JazakAllah
                      Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                        Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                        bro i respect what you said

                        but still to me it looks like a bad idea as despite what people say games nowadays have adult content further there are lots of pictures of women, there is music in background so im gonna discard this idea. There are other ideas I have for business, which are more profitable


                        JazakAllah
                        Would you say someone who sells computers are doing haram?

                        Is using the computer you bought haram? Is selling computers haram? Is selling a TV haram? Is using TV's haram?

                        It's the same thing, in a small box. After all an xbox is nothing more than a small computer. And its weird you blame on nudity, its a choice made by them and not you. You can also get worse nudity by using computer or cable tv -.-

                        And most if not all games have options to turn of music. Better to ask a sheikh on this matter.
                        Last edited by Blackbeard; 08-12-15, 07:58 PM.
                        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                          Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          Would you say someone who sells computers are doing haram?

                          Is using the computer you bought haram? Is selling computers haram? Is selling a TV haram? Is using TV's haram?

                          It's the same thing, in a small box. After all an xbox is nothing more than a small computer. And its weird you blame on nudity, its a choice made by them and not you. You can also get worse nudity by using computer or cable tv -.-

                          And most if not all games have options to turn of music. Better to ask a sheikh on this matter.
                          lol i so want to do it as its an instant profit business,
                          I really want to make money from it. I need to talk to some legit sheikh though. Thanks for your reply. I was about to say no to my partner :up:
                          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                            Originally posted by GoogleSlayer View Post
                            lol i so want to do it as its an instant profit business,
                            I really want to make money from it. I need to talk to some legit sheikh though. Thanks for your reply. I was about to say no to my partner :up:
                            Do that, ask someone knowledgeable rather than asking here. The machine itself shouldn't be haram. It's about how the end-user who bought it decides to use it and it's none of your problem if he watches haram on it. It's his choice.

                            It's the same principle of selling phones and computers, it's the users responsibility, you shouldn't be responsible if the user decides to watch porn on his computer or listen to music 24/7 on his phone.
                            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Selling Xbox or Used Xbox is Haram? Right

                              Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                              Do that, ask someone knowledgeable rather than asking here. The machine itself shouldn't be haram. It's about how the end-user who bought it decides to use it and it's none of your problem if he watches haram on it. It's his choice.

                              It's the same principle of selling phones and computers, it's the users responsibility, you shouldn't be responsible if the user decides to watch porn on his computer or listen to music 24/7 on his phone.
                              I agree

                              btw
                              bro
                              watch my current events thread posted a video about the california shootings, need your views on that
                              Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X