• Show
Clear All

• a stranger walks up to you

And asks u for a hug...

You can see they're distraught.

Would you

A ) turn them away

B ) pretend like you dunno what they're asking for

C ) understand this person needs a hug so you give them one -knowing if u don't hug em; they may go upto a wrong type of person in the end to get it

D ) first try and resolve their pain by talking and if it doesn't work as a last resort u would hug them

E ) you're allergic to hugs... or even if you would readily hug em you'll never admit it on here cause the haram police are waiting in ambush..?

- I know it's haram to hug a non Mahram.. The question im asking is though would any of u guys feel enough to give the hug or is it a strict no no?

I find non muslims freely hug eachother and they're cool with it like it's no biggie for them and they would readily hug u if u ask for it.. personally speaking I think it's nice.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Re: a stranger walks up to you

No! no! No! (strict)(talking about nonmehrams)

:zzz: (gotta sleep now)
    Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
      And asks u for a hug...

Would you

A ) turn them away

C ) understand this person needs a hug so you give them one -knowing if u don't hug em; they may go upto a wrong type of person in the end to get it

D ) first try and resolve their pain by talking and if it doesn't work as a last resort u would hug them

E ) you're allergic to hugs... or even if you would readily hug em you'll never admit it on here cause the haram police are waiting in ambush..?

- I know it's haram to hug a non Mahram.. The question im asking is though would any of u guys feel enough to give the hug or is it a strict no no?

I find non muslims freely hug eachother and they're cool with it like it's no biggie for them and they would readily hug u if u ask for it.. personally speaking I think it's nice.
      Are you serious ? It doesn't matter muslim or non muslim, you don't just go around hugging random people from the street. Especially them homeless ones.
      Tbh I would turn them away unless it's a beautiful girl asking. But she could be some thief tryna pickpocket me so it depends how I feel.

Comment

If a brother, I would hug, no problem. only once though not 3 times and make it a dance.

If a sister, I was thinking about this and was thinking on my last day of work, what would I do if women asked for hugs?!?!?!?!

I did nothing, literally
        Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

just tell them ur sick... and dont wanna pass it on

Comment

sister - yeah without a doubt,

a brother - definitely no. unless he's mahram.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
            [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

And asks u for a hug...

Would you

A ) turn them away

Muslims hug each other too. Me and my friends always hug each other and I hug girls I meet.

Obviously we don't hug people from the opposite gender because islamically that's something we shouldn't do.

In a western culture it can be difficult to avoid this because of how lax people are about it, I've been put in some awkward situations honestly. But it's a strict no even if I feel sorry for someone me giving them a hug really wouldn't help them anyways.

Comment

Assalamu Alaikum

How're you doing sis? I hope everything's ok InshaaAllah.

I think I'd do C if it's a female. Sometimes a hug can really help someone out. I wouldn't go ask strangers for hugs though because it seems awkward to me but I guess if someone asked me for one then I'd give one?
                "Let the days do as they please
                And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                Do not despair due to the events of the past
                For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Absolutely no.
                  Even if its a woman I'd say no ...I just don't like touching people lol
                  Besides I'd find it too creepy of some stranger walked over to me asking for a hug :/

Comment

a stranger walks up to you

"Sorry, Im not comfortable hugging anyone other than my husband." To a male.

"Yes, ofcourse!" *gives big hug* to a female or little boys that dont understand the concept of.....stuff.
                    Indeed we belong to Allah,
                    and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

This part through me off. It's very sad.
                      First, calling Muslims who give reminders when they see something wrong (actually a duty in Islam) "Haram police" has become such a trend lately, it's scary.
                      If it wasn't because of those so called "haram police", personally, there are lots of things I wouldn't have known. I consider them far much better (to me) than
                      those who would see me do something wrong (that I may have no known) and walk away. I personally don't always (mostly) have the courage to say something; I don't think that's good.

If something is haram, it's haram; period. Just because others do it doesn't mean we should do it. If it wasn't a problem, it wouldn't have been haram.
                      Most people lie or cheat, still doesn't make it right.
                      Muslim sisters always hug each other (even random girls) and Muslim brothers also hug each other (or random guys). A kids of course. That's where it should end.
                      *"None of you truly believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself."* [Al-Bukhari & Muslim]
                      "Mindless are those who only jump when told to jump, cry when told to cry, and laugh when told to laugh. Indeed, they are but sheep." TheStrivingUmmi

Comment

I would C, give them a hug. It's a small thing for me to do, and some people are really suffering. Well I would as long as I didn't get a creepy vibe from the asker.

Comment

Depends on what kind of stranger.

Comment

No..course not..why do they need to me to touch them..
                            Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

If it's a:

Male(Muslim): Big bro hug

Female(Muslim): No, but will talk if its something urgent.

Male(kafir): Maybe, if he doesn't smell.

Female(Kafir): Never, but will talk if in dire need.

Comment

Working...
                              X