Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Very off topic. Which should I choose?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

    Originally posted by samin62 View Post
    wrong section
    You don't scare meeeee

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

      Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
      Do you think I'd get Whatsapp on the Fire 6 HD?.
      Yeah I think you can. Though, it might not be straightforward.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

      "A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

        Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        Yeah I think you can. Though, it might not be straightforward.
        Oooh okay. Well...I don't have a cell phone so I don't know if I'd even be able to use Whatsapp. I'll just stick to Skype I s'pose.

        :jkk:

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

          [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

          FireHD 6, its more portable, only disadvantage is it feels a little thicker than the 7knch due to its shorter screen size. Overall, a lot of tablet for the money, good buy.

          Dolby sound is a sound engine incorporated by the tablet manufacturers to improve sound clarity and quality.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

            Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
            Oooh okay. Well...I don't have a cell phone so I don't know if I'd even be able to use Whatsapp. I'll just stick to Skype I s'pose.

            :jkk:

            You already have desktop , so capacity of TAB does not really matter.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

              Originally posted by Deeni Akh View Post
              [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

              FireHD 6, its more portable, only disadvantage is it feels a little thicker than the 7knch due to its shorter screen size. Overall, a lot of tablet for the money, good buy.

              Dolby sound is a sound engine incorporated by the tablet manufacturers to improve sound clarity and quality.
              Yeah I'm not too bothered with it feeling more thicker.

              All right cool! That's mostly what I want, something that has good sound & clear quality.

              Originally posted by Bismil View Post
              You already have desktop , so capacity of TAB does not really matter.
              Yeah I know, I'm not too worried about the space I just want to be able to use it for a few things. But I'm more inclined to the 6 because it's HD.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                Originally posted by brightesthour View Post

                Yeah I know, I'm not too worried about the space I just want to be able to use it for a few things. But I'm more inclined to the 6 because it's HD.
                Go with what you want , later on you will regret .

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                  I would chose none of them.

                  With the only exception, and this is a very important point, only if you are going to consume lots of online contents which happen to be on Amazon. Storage is very, very small. If you go deeper the technical specifications, the 8GB version has 4.5 GB available to user, which basically means that there is few space for apps, photos and any other offline content. Moreover, and this is the no-go for me, Fire HD 6 has not expansion slot to add another SDCard, which means that those 4.5 GB is what you get (11.6 GB if you go for the 16 GB version).

                  - Camera is not good. I don't make photos with my tablet but I do travel a lot because of my job and having a decent camera to be able to talk with family and friends is a must.
                  - WiFi is slower, but it also depends on where you are going to use it (i.e.: online contents require a lot of bandwidth and the more the better). Email and web surfing is more than enough.
                  - Display has a good definition.
                  - All in all, 6" screen width is still small for me for reading and watching tv on planes.

                  These devices are designed to be used in areas where WiFi is from very good to excellent and counting on that you rely on Amazon to consume all contents, either it be a movie or book or upload your photos or whatever document you create with an app or a game, since these devices have a very small built-in capacity. Then is when the price is good compared to other tablets.

                  For that price range, a Google Nexus 7 (which was first introduced in 2013) has a much better value per price.

                  Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                  :salams:

                  All right you tech savvy people! I need your help. I guess you don't have to be tech savvy for this..

                  So I've been searching around for a tablet, and I came across two that aren't expensive and actually look nice for me to use! I just want my own little thing I can use, you know when I chat with sisters on Skype (skype is available on both) and I can connect to the internet on it! Maybe I can download a prayer app too? It's like having a phone but without having to pay a monthly bill for it.

                  Which one is better??? Plz don't knock it, I know it's not fancy like all the other tablets (I don't have the money for that) but I am not picky I just want something reliable.

                  Fire HD 6

                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...comp_dk_as_img

                  Fire 7

                  http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Display-W...lay+wi-fi+8+gb

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                    Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                    Go with what you want , later on you will regret .
                    Erm...no I won't :scratch:

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                      Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                      :salams:

                      All right you tech savvy people! I need your help. I guess you don't have to be tech savvy for this..

                      So I've been searching around for a tablet, and I came across two that aren't expensive and actually look nice for me to use! I just want my own little thing I can use, you know when I chat with sisters on Skype (skype is available on both) and I can connect to the internet on it! Maybe I can download a prayer app too? It's like having a phone but without having to pay a monthly bill for it.

                      Which one is better??? Plz don't knock it, I know it's not fancy like all the other tablets (I don't have the money for that) but I am not picky I just want something reliable.

                      Fire HD 6

                      http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...comp_dk_as_img

                      Fire 7

                      http://www.amazon.com/Fire-Display-W...lay+wi-fi+8+gb
                      Walaikumassalam,

                      Go for neither, because they are both from Amazon. A company which underpays and mistreats employees, doesn't pay all it's tax liabilities and therefore should be boycotted until it reforms.

                      http://www.ethicalconsumer.org/comme...ottamazon.aspx

                      I would rather shop ethically and be poor, than shop unethically and be rich.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                        Originally posted by mab View Post
                        I would chose none of them.

                        With the only exception, and this is a very important point, only if you are going to consume lots of online contents which happen to be on Amazon. Storage is very, very small. If you go deeper the technical specifications, the 8GB version has 4.5 GB available to user, which basically means that there is few space for apps, photos and any other offline content. Moreover, and this is the no-go for me, Fire HD 6 has not expansion slot to add another SDCard, which means that those 4.5 GB is what you get (11.6 GB if you go for the 16 GB version).

                        - Camera is not good. I don't make photos with my tablet but I do travel a lot because of my job and having a decent camera to be able to talk with family and friends is a must.
                        - WiFi is slower, but it also depends on where you are going to use it (i.e.: online contents require a lot of bandwidth and the more the better). Email and web surfing is more than enough.
                        - Display has a good definition.
                        - All in all, 6" screen width is still small for me for reading and watching tv on planes.

                        These devices are designed to be used in areas where WiFi is from very good to excellent and counting on that you rely on Amazon to consume all contents, either it be a movie or book or upload your photos or whatever document you create with an app or a game, since these devices have a very small built-in capacity. Then is when the price is good compared to other tablets.

                        For that price range, a Google Nexus 7 (which was first introduced in 2013) has a much better value per price.
                        Originally posted by mab View Post
                        I would chose none of them.

                        With the only exception, and this is a very important point, only if you are going to consume lots of online contents which happen to be on Amazon. Storage is very, very small. If you go deeper the technical specifications, the 8GB version has 4.5 GB available to user, which basically means that there is few space for apps, photos and any other offline content. Moreover, and this is the no-go for me, Fire HD 6 has not expansion slot to add another SDCard, which means that those 4.5 GB is what you get (11.6 GB if you go for the 16 GB version).

                        - Camera is not good. I don't make photos with my tablet but I do travel a lot because of my job and having a decent camera to be able to talk with family and friends is a must.
                        - WiFi is slower, but it also depends on where you are going to use it (i.e.: online contents require a lot of bandwidth and the more the better). Email and web surfing is more than enough.
                        - Display has a good definition.
                        - All in all, 6" screen width is still small for me for reading and watching tv on planes.

                        These devices are designed to be used in areas where WiFi is from very good to excellent and counting on that you rely on Amazon to consume all contents, either it be a movie or book or upload your photos or whatever document you create with an app or a game, since these devices have a very small built-in capacity. Then is when the price is good compared to other tablets.

                        For that price range, a Google Nexus 7 (which was first introduced in 2013) has a much better value per price.
                        I'm only going to use this for a couple of things. I'm not going to watch any movies or TV on it, and I'm not going to be downloading a bunch of apps along with it. For that price range, I understand it's not going to be like those other tablets that are more expensive and the quality won't be the same. I know what I'm buying. But for me, it's perfect. I can use skype on it, I can talk to sisters here on it (probably won't use the camera at all, will just use it for the mic) and I can browse the internet.

                        We haven't had a problem with our wifi at all, we have a desktop computer, a chromebook, and my parents use their cell phones and it works fine. I'm only going to use the tablet at home so it shouldn't run slow at all for what I want to use it for.

                        I looked up the Google Nexus 7 and it's too expensive for me. I'm just gonna go with the Fire HD 6, I understand that it probably isn't ideal for most people, but for me it is. I'm not too picky.

                        Ty for your input.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                          Damn server messing up.

                          Anyways, I've already made my decision so no more advice needed.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                            Damn server messing up.

                            Anyways, I've already made my decision so no more advice needed. I won't reply here anymore!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Very off topic. Which should I choose?

                              Oh, don't get me wrong. It is for you and you know what you want. Indeed, I was talking more generally as a multipurpose device. Actually, I'd love to hear back from you once you have been using it for a while!


                              Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                              I'm only going to use this for a couple of things. I'm not going to watch any movies or TV on it, and I'm not going to be downloading a bunch of apps along with it. For that price range, I understand it's not going to be like those other tablets that are more expensive and the quality won't be the same. I know what I'm buying. But for me, it's perfect. I can use skype on it, I can talk to sisters here on it (probably won't use the camera at all, will just use it for the mic) and I can browse the internet.

                              We haven't had a problem with our wifi at all, we have a desktop computer, a chromebook, and my parents use their cell phones and it works fine. I'm only going to use the tablet at home so it shouldn't run slow at all for what I want to use it for.

                              I looked up the Google Nexus 7 and it's too expensive for me. I'm just gonna go with the Fire HD 6, I understand that it probably isn't ideal for most people, but for me it is. I'm not too picky.

                              Ty for your input.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X