Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Quran permit men to beat their wives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does the Quran permit men to beat their wives?

I think this thread should be closed...
    Taking anyone's opinion on the internet, should be highly discouraged.
    If anyone wants to know, learn it from your mosque, or someone you trust, not some random guys on the internet.

Take everything with a grain of salt from the internet. - my advice. And learn from righteous teachers.

:salams
    Last edited by Serinity; 06-12-15, 07:59 PM.
    La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
    (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
    Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
      I think this thread should be closed...
      Taking anyone's opinion on the internet, should be highly discouraged.
      If anyone wants to know, learn it from your mosque, or someone you trust, not some random guys on the internet.

Take everything with a grain of salt from the internet. - my advice. And learn from righteous teachers.

:salams
      true, I'm just a random guy, but I'm not quoting a random saying like the rest.. I'm Quoting THE QURAN.. and people who claim to Truly Believe will readily accept the QURAN and REJECT THE HADITH

We have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed. An Arabic Quran, without any ambiguity, that they may be righteous. God cites the example of a man who deals with disputing partners (Hadith), compared to a man who deals with only one consistent source (Quran). Are they the same? Praise be to God, most of them do not know. (39:27-29)

and people who uphold hadith believe that Prophet Mohamed will intercede for them on the Judgement day, remember,

We learn from the Quran that Abraham, God's beloved servant, could not intercede on behalf of his father (9:114). Noah could not intercede on behalf of his son (11:46). Muhammad could not intercede on behalf of his uncle (111:1-3) or relatives (9:80). What makes anyone think that a prophet or a saint will intercede on behalf of a perfect stranger?! See 2:48, 123; 6:51, 70, 94; 7:53; 10:3; 19:87; 26:100; 30:13; 32:4; 36:23; 39:44; 40:18; 43:86; 53:26 & 74:48.Prophet Muhammad's intercession is :

"My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."25:30.

Comment

Originally posted by chasteguy View Post
        Brother, just because a vast majority of ummah have understood it to mean "physical hit" doesnt authorise it to be the correct translation! This article puts forth a coherent understanding of the core word here by critically analysing how Allah azzwajal has used this word elsewhere in the Quran..

Those who are blessed with knowledge will recognize the truth from your Lord, then believe in it, and their hearts will readily accept it. Most assuredly, God guides the believers in the right path.(22:54)
        el oh el whats a translation in comparison to the real thing homie? nothing, nobody disputes translations lol translations arent even a source

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        -------------------------------------------------------
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

true, I'm just a random guy, but I'm not quoting a random saying like the rest.. I'm Quoting THE QURAN.. and people who claim to Truly Believe will readily accept the QURAN and REJECT THE HADITH

We have cited for the people every kind of example in this Quran, that they may take heed. An Arabic Quran, without any ambiguity, that they may be righteous. God cites the example of a man who deals with disputing partners (Hadith), compared to a man who deals with only one consistent source (Quran). Are they the same? Praise be to God, most of them do not know. (39:27-29)

and people who uphold hadith believe that Prophet Mohamed will intercede for them on the Judgement day, remember,

We learn from the Quran that Abraham, God's beloved servant, could not intercede on behalf of his father (9:114). Noah could not intercede on behalf of his son (11:46). Muhammad could not intercede on behalf of his uncle (111:1-3) or relatives (9:80). What makes anyone think that a prophet or a saint will intercede on behalf of a perfect stranger?! See 2:48, 123; 6:51, 70, 94; 7:53; 10:3; 19:87; 26:100; 30:13; 32:4; 36:23; 39:44; 40:18; 43:86; 53:26 & 74:48.Prophet Muhammad's intercession is :

"My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."25:30.
          To each their own.

I am interested in debating Quran with you. Just saying that to be wary of taking stuff from the internet.
          La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
          (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
            el oh el whats a translation in comparison to the real thing homie? nothing, nobody disputes translations lol translations arent even a source
            i accept wat you are saying.. translation is the means by which someone who doesn't know arabic, gets to know the meaning,,
            if you know arabic, then the whole point of translation doesnt make any sense, but can u please explain to me how do u decipher the meaning of words with multiple meanings,, like يَضرِبُ ???

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
              To each their own.

I am interested in debating Quran with you. Just saying that to be wary of taking stuff from the internet.
              Im ready for the debate.. :) InShaAllah..

Comment

Im ready for the debate.. :) InShaAllah..
                Sorry, it was a typo. I meant, I am not interested in debating Quran with you.

Comment

How can a person accept Quran without accepting Sunnah? Don't you realize that Quran was preserved the SAME way as Hadith? By not accepting Hadith, you're denying Quran!
                  Nice being here, but better I delete this account to study. Nice meeting y'all!
                  Maybe I'll be back someday...

Comment

Originally posted by bolani muslim View Post
                    How can a person accept Quran without accepting Sunnah? Don't you realize that Quran was preserved the SAME way as Hadith? By not accepting Hadith, you're denying Quran!
                    A person can't accept Quran without accepting the only sunnah :
                    The only Sunna to follow shall be God's Sunna. [17:77, 33:62, 48:23, 6:114]

ONLY THE QURAN IS PRESERVED WITHOUT ERRORS and not the hadith!

[Quran 15:9] Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it.

the HADITH has numerous contradictions..
                    check this :
                    http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/...8P1148%29.html

the QURAN since it is preserved by ALLAH himself..it is without any Contradictions

Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.(4:82)

Comment

Originally posted by londonmuslimguy View Post
                      Who narrated this report?
                      The narration can be found in the books of Tafsir.

Comment

If husbands are flirty, I may ask what actions should the wives take?
                        never mind I already know the answer
                        community services like cook dinner,clean the house,do the dishes,laundralize himself,whatelse
                        pinch him ramchimti whenever u get chance,lemme see torchure him as if there is no tomorrow
                        & stop when u r tired not him being tired!?!

Comment

A person can't accept Quran without accepting the only sunnah :
                          The only Sunna to follow shall be God's Sunna. [17:77, 33:62, 48:23, 6:114]

ONLY THE QURAN IS PRESERVED WITHOUT ERRORS and not the hadith!

[Quran 15:9] Absolutely, we have revealed the reminder, and, absolutely, we will preserve it.

the HADITH has numerous contradictions..
                          check this :
                          http://www.quran-islam.org/articles/...8P1148%29.html

the QURAN since it is preserved by ALLAH himself..it is without any Contradictions

Why do they not study the Quran carefully? If it were from other than God, they would have found in it numerous contradictions.(4:82)
                          HOW was the Quran preserved?
                          Hint Hint, it has chains SAME as hadith.

Comment

Originally posted by Umar123 View Post
                            The narration can be found in the books of Tafsir.
                            Thanks. I don't suppose you know who the books of tafsir attribute this report to and its level of authenticity?

Comment

Originally posted by bolani muslim View Post
                              HOW was the Quran preserved?
                              Hint Hint, it has chains SAME as hadith.
                              http://submission.org/App24.html

This is how Quran is preserved and protected from any errors.. and
                              Allah is the one preserving it :

Hadith is out of question here..

Comment

http://submission.org/App24.html

This is how Quran is preserved and protected from any errors.. and
                                Allah is the one preserving it :

Hadith is out of question here..
                                That's the dumbest logic EVER. You're proving the authenticity of Quran USING Quran :D. You're just like the Shias, going in circles and circles in your own faritytale world were 99.9999% of everyone who ever lived is wrong except you. You leave ALL direct and obvious evidence for your own batil interpretations based primarily off emotion. I bet you don't even understand Arabic. You suffer the same as a Christian reading the Bible in English. I regulary translate material from Farsi to English and I will tell you as a matter of fact that translations LOSE meaning. Especially a language as deep and eloquent as Quranic Arabic.
                                Look dude, if you have a brain, then you'll know that Quran was preserved the SAME WAY as hadith with CHAINS. Unless you wanna apostate and throw away Quran, then you must believe in the authentification of the Quran, and must believe in chains, and if you believe in chains then you must believe in Hadith. Simple as that.
                                I looked through your 'site' and it's a pure joke, ANY non-Muslim who'd read your link would laugh at you. Look through Quran from an un-biased perspective and you'll understand what I mean.

Another question I want your reply from. Quran Majeed talks highly about the Sahaba Kiraam (ra), yet you believe all people who accept Hadith are evil hypocrites and hadith was started by people who wanted to destroy Islam. Prove to me and the people of Ummah forum that the Sahaba (ra) were either Hypocrites who rejected Hz Muhammad's (saw) teaching to only follow Quran, OR that the Sahaba (ra) were all Quranists. If you prove that the Sahaba (ra) were all Quranists, then either that would mean that the tabiin all became hypocrites (goes against aql, when Quran Majeed tells us to think) OR that they're true Muslims (which goes against Quranism!).
                                Last edited by bolani muslim; 07-12-15, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X