Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in life

What does Allah do with stupid people?

Because to be honest, I am stupid in every sense of the word, irresponsible, not a man, and might not ever see success in life. That, and I am obsessed with women (but don't deserve them really), and am chronically stressed and depressed.

I won't lie, pretty much every bad thing that has happened in my life is because of me, not because of some calamity. I am starting to think some part of it is because I was raised pretty much with a silverspoon in my life. The pieces are too much to pick up, and I am pretty much lost in life right now. I don't really deserve sympathy for my mistakes, carelessness, irresponsibility, and laziness.

So, what should stupid, losers like me, do? If I had a choice with no consequences, I'd take the coward approach, commit suicide and let the rest of the people man and woman who did things right enjoy the fruits of success and labour here and even more in the Hereafter. At least I won't think of them, or worry about them, or be jealous. Let them have the enjoyment they deserve that I wish for myself (and wish to enjpy with them).

When I looked at myself in the car mirror and smiled, the reality struck me. I'm lost.
    Last edited by aabdall 79; 06-12-15, 04:14 PM.
    Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Re: Lost in life

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post

Because to be honest, I am stupid in every sense of the word, irresponsible, not a man, and might not ever see success in life. That, and I am obsessed with women (but don't deserve them really), and am chronically stressed and depressed.

I won't lie, pretty much every bad thing that has happened in my life is because of me, not because of some calamity. I am starting to think some part of it is because I was raised pretty much with a silverspoon in my life. The pieces are too much to pick up, and I am pretty much lost in life right now. I don't really deserve sympathy for my mistakes, carelessness, irresponsibility, and laziness.

So, what should stupid, losers like me, do? If I had a choice with no consequences, I'd take the coward approach, commit suicide and let the rest of the people man and woman who did things right enjoy the fruits of success and labour here and even more in the Hereafter. At least I won't think of them, or worry about them, or be jealous. Let them have the enjoyment they deserve that I wish for myself (and wish to enjpy with them).

When I looked at myself in the car mirror and smiled, the reality struck me. I'm lost.
    Take a deep breath brother. Let's put things into perspective ok? :up:

Who exactly made you feel like you are stupid (excuse my language, just rephasing you iA)? Why do you think you are that? Is it because you aren't making a lot of money, because you haven't done well in school, or because you aren't super educated, MD,Phd, masters degree, etc. ? Or because you don't have a Lamborghini or people don't think well of you when you are with relatives?

No, those things do not make one stupid, just saying. Whoever said this to you or made you feel this way is so wrong. Our Prophet (saw) never had any of these, did that make him less than the best of mankind, the great person that he was? No. Lots of great people didn't even know how to read or write. Lots of great people didn't have wealth. Lots of people have shortcomings. These are not things to be ashamed of.

This modern lifestyle has culminated a certain mindset that having education, being wealthy, having fame or reputation, or having a beautiful spouse is what culminates in success. This is not true, do not let this be the cause of your depression brother. You need to define success for yourself. What would you like to achieve in this world? What is it that you want to be able to say when you go back to Allah. 'O Allah, when I was in Your earth I did.....'. You can fill in the blanks. If people let others define who they were and what success means for them, we'd never have the likes of any of the Prophets, the strong believers, and even from a humanitarian perspective people like Malcolm X and Helen Keller.

You should not be ashamed of the shortcomings you have mentioned: laziness, women, carelessness, etc. These things can and will be resolved if you have the will for such insha allah.

Try to find purpose. Look in the mirror and do not berate yourself, because that won't help and I'm sure all of what you say to yourself is not true anyway, too many people do not realize the amount of good and potential in them. Look at the mirror and try to find the goodness, the good qualities, strengths, talents. You can and you will find them if you try. :up: Look at the mirror and try to find th beauty your Lord creatd in you. Allah created you and thinks you as one of His creation is special, so when you berate yourself, when Allah is closer to you than your own veins, then... remember Allah loves you more than you love yourself and will always will.

The obsession with women. I think you stated this before in another thread. First of all, whoever made you feel this way will have to answer to Allah for that (judging on your previous posts). People, 1400 years after the Prophet's death, still call him cruel things. So people aren't right by default, but they are more likely to be wrong by default in their criticism. Plus, remember a woman is a creation of Allah, created by the rib of a man. She is different, but equal. None is better than the other. If someone says you don't deserve to get married or have a wife, when tbh only Allah can make such a judgement and if the Lord hasn't declared so, then that says a lot about the character of that person and you should avoid that person.

Just let yourself heal and take as much time as you need. Ask Allah (swt) for help and for ease, confide to Him that you are struggling with these things and that it's preventing you from attaining the relationshio you want with Allah. I'm telling you brother, Allah will answer. And everything you are going through isn't for nothing, you will get rewarded for every teeny bit that has caused you pain from the very beginning. Allah is fair, He wouldn't dismiss your feelings, no. If you weren't worth it, why would Allah create you?

Because you, just like every other person, have something great to offer to the world. I know it seems grim now, like the light at the end of the tunnel will never show itself. But the darker, the grimier, the thornier the rocks are in the tunnel, the more bright and beautiful it will be when you get out.

If you feel the need to confide in someone or ask for help or advice brother, please pm some of the brothers insha allah, I'm sure they'd be willing to help.
    One Ummah, one body, if one limb is suffering, we all feel the pain.

Peace:1peace:

-Figs
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Make dua asking Allah to help you.

Originally posted by Figs View Post
      -Figs
      It is good to see people being polite. :jkk:
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Search for the word success in the Quran, it will guide you.

Comment

Lost in life

"So do not become weak, nor be sad, and you will be superior if you are indeed (true) believers."

[3/139]

How do you lose hope in yourself when Allah swt says not to?

How do you become stressed and depressed when Allah swt says not to become sad?

How do you feel low when Allah swt says you are the highest?

If the president/prime minister wrote you a letter and said he appreciates your efforts and he will suffice you for anything you need, will you lose hope? why is it then Allah swt the lord of the universe says not to give up and lose hope, we so otherwise. Think!

Everyone made mistakes and are still making mistakes, I am probably worse than you but do we dwell on them and let them pull us down? I learn from my mistakes and then step on them so they don't bother with my progress.

You must learn to learn from your mistakes and your mistakes are not permanent unless you mistaken them to be.

Comment

Pick yourself up and try again.
            Stop feeling sorry for yourself and do what's right for you.
            Sucide is not the answer to your problem in fact this will only lead to cowardness and severe punishment from god.

Perhaps seek counselling and get out there and introduce yourself to potential/wali. In sha Allah everything happens for the best and accept your situation because it is meant to be and don't regret it too much and move on.

There's always hope.
            "Try to distance yourself from everything that causes you worry and sadness, so that you may always live with peace of mind and an open and tranquil heart, seeking Allah and His worship and working on your worldly and otherworldly matters, for if you try this, you will find rest.

Comment

Lost in life

Trials strenghthen you and purify you making you more of a man, work on passing them successfully and inshallah you'll feel a little less lost. Also I've noticed you ask yourself alot of questions which is a good thing but rather than asking yourself counter-productive ones make them productive and positive one because our minds are great at answering questions whether subconcsiously or at full concsiousness also I think you should maybe make a goal to gain more deeni knowledge akhi and inshallah your worries would just fly away salams
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by aabdall 79 View Post

I refuse to accept that people cannot better themselves. Self improvement is a constant thing and never ends... You've already acknowledged you're a failure or a "loser" as you put it so this is a good start. Now sit down and think of ways which you can improve yourself.

Success is defined differently by different people.

Sit yourself down and envision where you would like to be in 10 years time. Then actively take steps to make it happen, motivation is one of mankind's biggest challenges and many of us suffer with it. There were numerous times when I thought I could not go another day... but you just press on because you see the bigger picture.

Identify what you don't like about your life and try to change it. If you can't change it then try to make it more enjoyable somehow. Good luck with your life bro and don't settle for what life gives you... Go out and take what you want.
                [CENTER][SIZE=4]↓↓↓ CLICK ME ↓↓↓[/SIZE][/CENTER]
                [SIZE=4][CENTER]🌟[url=http://imgur.com/a/d2BaG]The Universe[/url]🌟[/CENTER][/SIZE]
                [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FF00"]You won't regret it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

Break out of your routine, that helps..do new things, new surroundings, company (granted that it is good company)
                  Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

Is it possible that I'm cursed?

To be honest, I think this is something that I might/might not be able to climb. It's that bad (or I perceive it to be this bad).
                    Sisters shouldn't respond to me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X