No announcement yet.

Is getting disability benifits haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is getting disability benifits haram?

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
    I need to know before I even start to (very reluctantly) file for it. I can't work so I can't exactly earn my own money. I know it's haram to take money you didn't earn in a permissible manner, but what if you can't earn your own? I really can't keep depending on others to pay my bills.
    Wa Alaykumussalam dear sis,

As far as i'm aware this is perfectly fine, please correct me if i'm wrong anyone, but as long as you fall under that criteria, i'm assuming that it's permissible. we can double check with the scholar on here.

Anyway sis, how u doing?

if there's anything I can do to help, lemme know insha ' allah. :love:
    And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
    [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
      u mean op giving zakat? sorry if I totally misunderstood that. I think people who have over a certain amount give zakat, so if hers doesn't hit the threshold, its not obligatory on her (as far as i'm aware) pls someone correct me if i'm wrong.
      Yeah, not just the op..anyone on disability.

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        u mean op giving zakat? sorry if I totally misunderstood that. I think people who have over a certain amount give zakat, so if hers doesn't hit the threshold, its not obligatory on her (as far as i'm aware) pls someone correct me if i'm wrong.
        I don't see any reason why getting aid would be haram sister. If you qualify, take it by all means

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
          I don't see any reason why getting aid would be haram sister. If you qualify, take it by all means
          I had asked about if someone on disability would have to still give zakat, not receive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
            Yeah, not just the op..anyone on disability.
            http://www.islamic-relief.org/zakat/....KvH90Qpf.dpuf
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

Originally posted by ashmeo View Post
              yeah brother, brother tide was asking about giving zakat not receiving it, for one who is on disability allowance.

jazakhallahu khairan

Comment

I had asked about if someone on disability would have to still give zakat, not receive.
                http://www.islamic-relief.org/zakat/....KvH90Qpf.dpuf

Comment

Ohh ok, thanks

Comment

Comment

Ohh ok, thanks
                      your very welcome brother, insha ' allah you are doing well.

if you need any more clarification on anything, let us know brother.

Comment

If your's is a genuine case you are legally entitled to it

I reckon that the benefit system in UK is gamed by the likes Anjem Choudary or this woman, who are fully capable of earning their living but are reluctant to find a job

If genuine people like you don't utilize the system, then most left to use the system will be the abusers
                        Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Originally posted by Saho View Post
                          What's your previous account?
                          malone asma28 or hared

probably any of these 3

Boy!
                          nothing feels so great then butthurt loser trolls getting banned and then make another account and proving themselves as clowns :rotfl:
                          Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 05-12-15, 09:55 AM.
                          Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Last edited by GoogleSlayer; 05-12-15, 09:55 AM.
                            Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X