Is getting disability benifits haram?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is getting disability benifits haram?

I need to know before I even start to (very reluctantly) file for it. I can't work so I can't exactly earn my own money. I know it's haram to take money you didn't earn in a permissible manner, but what if you can't earn your own? I really can't keep depending on others to pay my bills.

Re: Is getting disability benifits haram?

Do you fit in the disability category?
    http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
    Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
    http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
    for all your sufism needs
    http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by muslimboy764 View Post
      Do you fit in the disability category?
      Yes, I qualify. I just want to make sure it's permissible.

Comment

Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
        Yes, I qualify. I just want to make sure it's permissible.
        The it shouldnt be a problem, but you should check with a local scholar just to make sure
        http://treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com/
        Perfect Handmade Cookies for your Dhikr Sessison
        http://s9.postimg.org/46cs0lqz3/bvita_jpg.jpg
        for all your sufism needs
        http://s2.postimg.org/tl4ep7qzp/image.jpg

Comment

No one earns Zakat, for example. I'm confused on why you might think that if you are disabled or someone else why, why it would be haram to accept what is essentially charity due to your condition?

Comment

well if its legit , lots of paki cases in the UK taking benefits when they're not ualified for it.

Comment

^ Awful situation. Abusing the systems like that. As Muslims. Allah protect t us.
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              -------------------------------
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                ^ Awful situation. Abusing the systems like that. As Muslims. Allah protect t us.
                well the excuse usually is in the loopholes we're good at finding in the system.

Comment

If you fit in the disability category under the law then why would that be haram?
                  Last edited by Saho; 05-12-15, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by noobz View Post
                    well the excuse usually is in the loopholes we're good at finding in the system.
                    how do you know so much about it when apparently you dont live in the uk?

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                      what do you expect? pakis are lazy and greedy so benefits are perfect for them, perfect way to get loadsa money they didn't work for. no wonder so many are desperate to come to the uk

Comment

Originally posted by eerstad View Post
                        how do you know so much about it when apparently you dont live in the uk?
                        What's your previous account?

Comment

Originally posted by eerstad View Post
                          what do you expect? pakis are lazy and greedy so benefits are perfect for them, perfect way to get loadsa money they didn't work for. no wonder so many are desperate to come to the uk
                          I'm not singling out any race, brother. I think you'll find it's a universal problem. Dishonesty and greed is not limited to race, but as Muslims - one of our hallmarks is meant to be transparency in financial dealings, as embodied by the Prophet (saw), the Companions and those that followed in goodness.

We have, generally speaking, lost the spirit of selflesness and become 'unislamic' in our internal enactment of Islam.
                          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                          -------------------------------
                          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

I wonder how zakat would be upheld since a person would not really have that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
                              I wonder how zakat would be upheld since a person would not really have that much.
                              u mean op giving zakat? sorry if I totally misunderstood that. I think people who have over a certain amount give zakat, so if hers doesn't hit the threshold, its not obligatory on her (as far as i'm aware) pls someone correct me if i'm wrong.
                              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                              [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X