Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people insist on making "brothers only" or "sisters only" threads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people insist on making "brothers only" or "sisters only" threads...

... when it's painfully obvious that alot of female users here don't possess the self-control required to not open, or atleast refrain from posting in, brothers only threads. Now someone might say, "oh well brothers always enter female only threads" which may very well be correct, I don't know since I'm not one of them, but still, the point is that the labels are useless as long as they're not re-inforced as a rule(not saying this should happen).

Re: Why do people insist on making "brothers only" or "sisters only" threads...

Whenever i make a 'sisters only' thread it's not to stop brothers from opening, it just means i don't want them to post on my thread as i don't need a brothers perspective

Growing up with 4 brothers i know how you really love to know what we sisters talk about :p

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
      Whenever i make a 'sisters only' thread it's not to stop brothers from opening, it just means i don't want them to post on my thread as i don't need a brothers perspective
      So you're still going to make "sisters only" threads despite you not respecting "brothers only" threads? Have some shame woman.

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
        ... when it's painfully obvious that alot of female users here don't possess the self-control required to not open, or atleast refrain from posting in, brothers only threads. Now someone might say, "oh well brothers always enter female only threads" which may very well be correct, I don't know since I'm not one of them, but still, the point is that the labels are useless as long as they're not re-inforced as a rule(not saying this should happen).
        I have made around 3 different threads on this topic over the last year, asking why sisters enter opposite gender threads. ( I mentioned that it's completely wrong for brothers too, though sisters seemed to do it a lot more)

A handful of sisters were quite abusive / aggressive and insisted that they had the right to do what they want, when they want - that type of attitude.

I cant remember their exact words, but cant be bothered to post links to my original thread. Got tired of bringing up this topic and then being criticised for it, so gave up.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam

I don't know, because we should all respect and trust each other enough not to enter threads clearly marked as the opposite gender.

Yet members seem to still do... Which they shouldn't. I understand there's nothing literally stopping them, yet they should understand it's only fair that they respect the wishes of the op. It's surely not too much to ask for, requesting ppl not to click on a thread, is it.

Plus there are pre requisites for the gender only sections, so they're not that easy to access and less people active on them, I think.
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
          [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Because the "females only" or "males only" section is ridiculously tough to get into?
            Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.

-16:90 (Surah an-Nahl)

Comment

So you're still going to make "sisters only" threads despite you not respecting "brothers only" threads? Have some shame woman.
              Hey i only posted on the other one because i seriously thought it was wrong and i'm usually good and do respect brothers only

Comment

Originally posted by *Sweety* View Post
                Hey i only posted on the other one because i seriously thought it was wrong and i'm usually good and do respect brothers only
                Pathetic.

Comment

Pathetic.

Comment

When a brothers only thread is made, sisters don't care. They will still peak in and leave some comments. But if a sisters only thread is made then you better not open it. They think they are some special species.

Comment

[MENTION=127346]quark[/MENTION] calm down Habibi , understand ppl first ..

Comment

You know, it could lead to a ban or infraction and a possible 10+ page complaints if you post on their threads but the opposite it's not.

Where's the bros #equality?
                        Last edited by Saho; 05-12-15, 07:20 AM.

Comment

It may as well be typical youthful preoccupation, pretend that you hate attention of opposite sex while enjoying it secretly
                          Not knowing what one doesn't know will lead to difficulty

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X