Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just a though: evolution & creation

Originally posted by ForeverMonotheist1 View Post
    What if evolution and creation story both happened? Indeed the creation story did happen, doubting that would make the doubter Kaafir.
    Let me explain it: let say there were ape-to-humanlike species(they looked humans, however they were animals , so they cant be punished in hell or rewarded in paradise), but there was also Adam and Eve. The offspring of Adam and Eve knows right and wrong, they have free will to choose good or evil.
    Maybe the ape-to-humanlike species lived millions years ago before Allah swt created Adam and Eve.

Now u would ask me: if that is true, why are the apehumans not mentioned in quran? Then i can say: they were closer to animals whats the point of mentioning animals, and i can ask you in return: why are dinos not mentioned in quran or bible either?

What do you think?
    http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39910
    Omphalos: An Attempt to Untie the Geological Knot by Philip Henry Gosse was one of the earliest - and still one of the best - attempts to tie together creationism and evolution. It's written from a strongly christian viewpoint, but muslims might find it interesting.

Comment

Fallacy of equivocation:

Evolutionists use undeniable examples of 'change over time' (variation) to prove 'the idea that all life has descended from a single common ancestor over millions of years via a net gain in new genetic information' (microbe-like-to-man evolution).

This inexcusable logic is called equivocation or the bait-and-switch fallacy, and occurs when someone changes the definition of a word halfway through an argument.
      The supposed Evidence for Evolution is full of examples of 'change over time' as evidence for microbes-to-man evolution.

When an evolutionist claims that evolution is a fact, as almost all do, ask him what he means by the word 'evolution' and what facts he has to support this. No doubt 'evolution' will mean 'change over time' and the facts supporting it are simply examples of change over time, such as bacterial resistance (an example which everyone entirely agree with).

The scientific evolution:

'change over time', 'descent with modification', or 'the change of allele frequencies of a population over time'.

This is well established, testable, falsifiable and provable.

Neo-Darwinism ( commonly called 'Evolution theory')

In order to find a solution to the failed darwin theory, the "Modern Synthetic Theory," or , Neo-Darwinism, was suggested at the end of the 1930s. Neo-Darwinism added mutations, which are distortions formed in the genes of living beings due to such external factors as radiation or replication errors, as the "cause of favorable variations" in addition to natural selection.
      Today, the model that Darwinists espouse, despite their own awareness of its scientific invalidity, is neo-Darwinism. The theory maintains that millions of living beings formed as a result of a process whereby numerous complex organs of these organisms (e.g., ears, eyes, lungs, and wings) underwent "mutations," that is, genetic disorders. Yet, there is an outright scientific fact that totally undermines this theory: Mutations do not cause living beings to develop; on the contrary, they are mostly harmful.

"Evolution" according to neo-darwinian scenario:

'the idea that all life has descended from a single common ancestor over millions of years via a net gain in new genetic information'.

This is laughable Speculation; completely half baked, not testable, not falsifiable and not provable.
      Muslims Search Engine !
      And those who disbelieved will then say, " Our Lord, show us those who misled us of the jinn and mankind ,so we may put them under our feet that they will be among the lowest."

Comment

To answer ops question the Quran wasn't revealed to let us know what the story is with dinosaurs
        It is guidance for mankind
        Knowledge about apehumans isn't a prerequisite for entering jannah
        The Quran is guidance
        Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

All ya'll need to know is. If you are Muslim then believe Prophet Adam did not have a predecessor, as far as every thing else. Whatever, as long as it doesn't contradict the Quran.
          https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Interesting topic, Here is my thoughts on the matter. There are some undeniable evidences that do not contradict what Allah tells us in the Qur'an. Allah tells us that He created the earth and the universe then dispersed many creatures on earth, He did not name all the creatures on earth but He made it clear that we are not the only once on this planet. We also know that humans are not the first creation to walk the earth so it is possible that Allah did cause other creatures to evolve before Adam and Eve walked the earth. Allah gave us another sign in surah anbiya v 30 about all living things being created from water this at least is an indication that we all share something in common. The biggest difference between us and other creatures on earth is the brain Allah gave us to be able to think, analyse and come up with creative ideas and solutions, which none of the other creatures posses. This is another clue to us in my opinion that we humans have been chosen by Allah and given a great gift which comes with great responsibility. Allah is majestic and limitless in His abilities, we are given the minds to be able to discover his greatness through his creation. Allah knows best
            Last edited by The shy guy; 04-12-15, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Evolution is the foundation of biology. If evolution was wrong pretty much all of what we know about biology would be wrong. No other theory is stronger than the theory of evolution and no, for the laymen, theory does not mean guess.

I believe that Allah created the universe ~13.8billion years ago and the Earth is ~4.5billion years old. What Allah was doing to the universe during this time (other life forms, other humans, aliens) only Allah swt knows this. The first life to exist existed in the ocean and evolved thereafter onto land and air. Our DNA is 98% similar to ape's, this is not a coincidence... This is through evolution. Tell me where in the Quran it says humans were the first animals?

I believe Allah swt created all life and evolution is part of his plan and we evolved from monkeys into humans. Yes it mentions direct creation in the Quran but scientific evolution and evolution by divine creation are not the same thing. Don't forget evolution occurs over hundreds of millions of years and I believe Allah evolved monkeys into humans instantly (created) as apposed to natural evolution. (Gave us consciousness)

Coccyx was useful when we had tails. (millions of years ago)
              Wisdom teeth were useful when our diets consisted of lots of tough meat that was not cooked. (tens of thousands of years ago)
              Appendix was useful when we used to eat raw plants / leaves. (tens of thousands of years ago)

These body parts are now redundant and serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. A product of evolution in the making. Tell me why Allah would give us body parts that serve no function at all? Because when Allah created us, they were useful, a long long time ago. Humans as we see ourselves today have been around for about 200,000 years but "Humans" have been around for about 2 million years.

Allah swt knows best and I ask for his guidance in understanding his incredible creations.
              Last edited by Curious..........; 04-12-15, 11:09 PM.
              [CENTER][SIZE=4]↓↓↓ CLICK ME ↓↓↓[/SIZE][/CENTER]
              [SIZE=4][CENTER]🌟[url=http://imgur.com/a/d2BaG]The Universe[/url]🌟[/CENTER][/SIZE]
              [CENTER][SIZE=2][COLOR="#00FF00"]You won't regret it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X