Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What is your Halal grocery store like

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    Haha I've been there but it's not too close from my house. Their are some near me.
    Yeah same . I am very very far from it but been there once or twice and it had bad customer service and smelled so much. Whats up with muslim butcher shops not taking care of the scent? It is off putting even for a Muslim.

Comment

I work in my store part time so that means I get a discount :o It is fascinating to see people in our community from different cultures buy their food and people greeting "Salaam" to each other. On a typical day I could be serving a Turkish couple then a desi family that have two trolleys worth of stuff then Somalis then Bosnians then Arabs. It's great as I see these people at the masjid every week and every week at the store so I know the faces, the names and even have conversations with them. There is that real feeling of community solidarity among the muslims here.

We even have non-muslim customers here, maybe its the competitive prices or cos the meat is cheaper and good quality? There is Coptic Christian woman orginally from Egypt who is a regular customer, she is a very nice person. She said the store reminds her of home as she can buy stuff from here that is from MENA region.

Comment

What is a non-halal grocery store?
        Isn't it that a grocery store sell just vegetable and fruits?

Comment

Originally posted by hooshi View Post
          What is a non-halal grocery store?
          Isn't it that a grocery store sell just vegetable and fruits?
          Suppose its a grocery store that doesn't sell halal certifieed products. So they sell meat but its not halal.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
            Us too, that's how we do it (the shopping).

The one near my place also serves many non-Muslim customers who are regular customers.

As a kid another one I went to the shop owner always gave out free lollipops :)
            yeah same sis

yeah exactly, ours has muslim and non-muslim customers too

ooh the free lolly thing is too cute masha allah :)
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

We don't have any here..

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
                yeah same sis

yeah exactly, ours has muslim and non-muslim customers too

ooh the free lolly thing is too cute masha allah :)
                I know innit? ;) Too cute, may also be the stereotype of halal shop owners, kind, generous, and rather loyal to customers.
                Which I feel is very true.
                Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
                  I know innit? ;) Too cute, may also be the stereotype of halal shop owners, kind, generous, and rather loyal to customers.
                  Which I feel is very true.
                  yeah ;) exactly :) Masha ' Allah.

I remember same thing with our local ice cream van dude, when we were kiddies, would give us free ice creams n put so much cream, flake, sauce n sprinkles on, it would be too big for our tiny (kid) hands lool. but used to happily eat away. there's summat special about ice cream van ice cream.
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                  [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Comment

I have loads of local halal grocery store but i still prefer Asda, only occasionally go local when i want bangladeshi veggies that i can't get from asda

Comment

We don't have many of them close to us, just two. The other ones are like 1 hour drive away. We mostly buy meat and chicken from there, but also rice and certain traditional products and veggies that don't exist elsewhere. It's a really good place for that, alhamdulillah. Otherwise, grocery shopping is done at the big supermarkets.
                        "Let the days do as they please, and be optimistic when destiny decrees. Do not despair due to the events of the past, for the events of this world were not meant to last." - Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X