• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you guys and gals deal with stress

[MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] YOU FREAK

'I don't get stressed, I'm a goody two shoes playing my game soles'

whateva bruvva

OH no my Canadian pal is stressed out.

I just stress out, have a break down, lose a couple of hair strands, get DARK CIRCLES AROUND MY EYES, and back to square one

IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE. sometimes I eat and calm down, I go to the kitchen like a :wacko: I walk up and down, I talk to the wall. All these things that one cannot do if they are not stressed.

Just chill out and keep it cool, by prioritising your workload. I should practise what I preach though :rotfl:
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Quran and crying. There's reason behind both.
      The Quran is obvious, but what crying does is it helps to wash chemicals linked to stress out of the body. Honestly those are the best things to do for stress.

Comment

Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        @Pippin1376 YOU FREAK

whateva bruvva
        It's true though. I've done stress tests a few times and always ended up in the low end.

I feel like stress happens when you feel overwhelmed and the best way to stop that is to think about your tasks in a logical manner. You have something that needs to be done, just do it and think about everything else later. You have something else? Then what is more important? Do that and then do the other thing after.

If you complete it, alhamdulillah, If you can't, then alhamdulillah. It's a lesson learned for next time.
        وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
        "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
        Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
        [2:186]

.:.
        .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
        Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Ice cream and teddy cuddles.. Works wanders lol
          I love you, cherish you and worship you,
          Guide me on your path to your janna,
          Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Comment

you're right

it's nice when you go out and spend time with the trees and nature, so peaceful

just don't do it at 1am OP
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                I need help with this too - but caring less keeps me less stressed lol, and just asking yourself.. what is the worst that can happen?

yesterday I was so stressed, I curled myself in to a ball, cried for 5 mins, and then went downstairs to do some work! :(
                aww man :love:

Originally posted by ~Salma~ View Post
                Its good that you bake its form of therapy lol. I love brownies with condensed milk on top.

Listening to Quraan specially surah al baqarah soothes me. If I don't hear or read Quraan I feel incomplete.

I do yoga too its the best.
                I started doing yoga like half a month ago.

Literally all the kinks in my back have disappeared.
                Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                Gym. Its one reason I'm still sane at 19 would prolly be nuts without it. Also try taking up a martial art such as taekwondo or MMA, working the bag, sparring, everything will help you clear your head aswell as teaching you discipline.
                well look who's back.

Tried going to the gym last year.. it isn't for me. As for the other stuff seems interesting but I'm broke and have the physical strength of a child lol.
                Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                Try stress balls. Or you can hold your breath till you become light headed. That's always a trip
                Tell me about it
                Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] YOU FREAK

whateva bruvva

OH no my Canadian pal is stressed out.

I just stress out, have a break down, lose a couple of hair strands, get DARK CIRCLES AROUND MY EYES, and back to square one

IT'S A VICIOUS CYCLE. sometimes I eat and calm down, I go to the kitchen like a :wacko: I walk up and down, I talk to the wall. All these things that one cannot do if they are not stressed.

Just chill out and keep it cool, by prioritising your workload. I should practise what I preach though :rotfl:
                Story of my life :rotfl:
                Originally posted by SofiaG View Post
                Quran and crying. There's reason behind both.
                The Quran is obvious, but what crying does is it helps to wash chemicals linked to stress out of the body. Honestly those are the best things to do for stress.
                I cant cry unless I feel unbelievably sad, so :/

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

so the gist of what everyone's saying is:

Prioritize things and make a list so that you can get it done.

make dua

read Quran

See whatever happens as destiny.

[MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] lol you are actually a really chill person so I'm not surprised you dont feel stress ever -.-
                  [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] looool stressed it dessert spelled backwards. I had to make sure this was true.. that's so odd.

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

Dua and azkar and praying nafela

Comment

Meditate on nature's sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                        :salams

So I don't know how to deal with it. One moment it isn't there and then I take in how much school related stuff and other things I need to get done. I genuinely don't know how to deal with stress lol.. I do some pretty wacky stuff but then I start worrying about the wacky things and it does take my mind off of my initial stress until I take in how much time sensitive stuff I need to get done, and then the initial stress and wacky-stuff-stress both taunt and torment me, so I make brownies to deal with it all. It happens all the time now. My whole family will be asleep and I'll be in the kitchen baking brownies at 1 AM in the morning. It isn't healthy I tell you D:

What do I do? How does one cope with this madness?

Salaam

i know everyone is going to say the answer is to get married but i think it is:

Analysis Paralysis...

1) Break the tasks down and organize your time by planning how to spend ur day (write it down after fajr)
                        2) Follow it through (the plan) making few necessary adjustments along the way
                        3) Tawakul على Allah swt

Maybe if you have ur day planned it will eliminate the feeling of uncertainty and overwhelmingness thereby ur analysis paralysis.
                        youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your deathhttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X