How do you guys and gals deal with stress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you guys and gals deal with stress

I need help with this too - but caring less keeps me less stressed lol, and just asking yourself.. what is the worst that can happen?

yesterday I was so stressed, I curled myself in to a ball, cried for 5 mins, and then went downstairs to do some work! :(
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

yea it seems like youre dealing with it fine with the late-night brownie baking

the key is to do some work tho and then bake brownies

write down what needs to be done coz it'll take the stress out from your mind and reduce the cloudy emotions up there

then once it's done you'll be fine

when im stressed i do worry and go into zombie mode during that period but i also do work, it's not just emotional cloud in my head without work but the work needs to be done. then after the exams (like last week) the clouded emotion in my head magically disappears (literally disappears) and now im normal again. the cycle continues when there is an exam etc.

the key is to actually get some work done and so physically write it down, the "need to dos" and then do it.

also ask maulana youtube

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Gym. Its one reason I'm still sane at 19 would prolly be nuts without it. Also try taking up a martial art such as taekwondo or MMA, working the bag, sparring, everything will help you clear your head aswell as teaching you discipline.
        http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
        Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
          Making Du'aa, praying extra, asking Allah s.w.t, and reading the Qur'an. Allah alone can help me.

Also, sometimes talking to my family/friends about it.
          This. Word for word.
          Per aspera ad astra.

Comment

Dont stress just say mashallah for what has happened and get on with life
            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

^^^I just came up with that today when I was walking home from the bus - stressed lol
              [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
              [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

My weighing scale puts it best

DSC_0116-min.jpg
                "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

omd I never knew that ^ that's pretty awesome. Also explains a lot as well.

the annoying thing about stress is sometimes we're stressed and don't even realise it, or try to ignore the source/s of stress and that unconsciously stresses us out more, and it's not something we can fully control either, even if you've got a situation fully under control, can still be super stressed about it.
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                  [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
                    My weighing scale puts it best

[ATTACH=CONFIG]81260[/ATTACH]
                    ah! [MENTION=72901]Salams2All[/MENTION] this must explain the brownies then

and this must explain the desire for junk food

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Just brush it off.
                      Tell yourself it'll be fine and stop caring.
                      Well thats what I do.

Comment

I am quite a recent revert so I'm not sure whether this is generally done, but its a kind of meditation. First, I accept that there are things out of my control. I believe stress comes from our natural human desire to have control of things in our lives, however its not always possible. Then, at times of extreme stress, after praying (having a belief that Allah swt can and will help me because many people pray but dont have faith in the duas) then I try to relax and focus on something in the present such as my breathing or noises I can hear as the world goes by. You see, when I thought about it, stress isn't really ever based in the present. Always in the past or future -ie "why DIDNT that happen" or " what if this DOES NOT go as I planned" and when you really consider it, we spend most of our lives in the past or present in our minds. We have no power or chance to affect things in either place and that leads to stress and a feeling of unease. So, by focussing on my breathing or even something as simple as the wind rushing by, I take myself out of that for a while and it really helps. I didn't think it would but it does. I have ptsd and was one of the most stressed out people you could ever meet. These techniques, coupled with prayer and a firm belief in Allah's love for me, his mercy, have really helped me. Hope it might help in some way. Sorry for the waffle if not...lol

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
                          friends can't do my exams for me
                          They can, you just gotta get the right friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
                            They can, you just gotta get the right friends.
                            Looool

Comment

Try stress balls. Or you can hold your breath till you become light headed. That's always a trip
                              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Dua, sing to myself, rant to my friends, eat. Singing helps me (obviously in my room alone) xD

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X