Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys and gals deal with stress

:salams

So I don't know how to deal with it. One moment it isn't there and then I take in how much school related stuff and other things I need to get done. I genuinely don't know how to deal with stress lol.. I do some pretty wacky stuff but then I start worrying about the wacky things and it does take my mind off of my initial stress until I take in how much time sensitive stuff I need to get done, and then the initial stress and wacky-stuff-stress both taunt and torment me, so I make brownies to deal with it all. It happens all the time now. My whole family will be asleep and I'll be in the kitchen baking brownies at 1 AM in the morning. It isn't healthy I tell you D:

What do I do? How does one cope with this madness?

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Re: How do you guys and gals deal with stress

friends

Comment

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post

My whole family will be asleep and I'll be in the kitchen baking brownies at 1 AM in the morning. It isn't healthy I tell you D:
      :wswrwb:

Seems like you are dealing with it just fine.
      Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
      - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by Musicisme656 View Post
        friends
        friends can't do my exams for me

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
        :wswrwb:

Seems like you are dealing with it just fine.
        Not at all. I have a problem. I need some inspirational advice that'll lift up my spirits
        Last edited by Salams2All; 02-12-15, 06:40 AM.

Ibn Umar was asked, �Did the sahaba laugh?� He said, �Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.�

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

sweets
          Indeed we belong to Allah,
          and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

So I don't know how to deal with it. One moment it isn't there and then I take in how much school related stuff and other things I need to get done. I genuinely don't know how to deal with stress lol.. I do some pretty wacky stuff but then I start worrying about the wacky things and it does take my mind off of my initial stress until I take in how much time sensitive stuff I need to get done, and then the initial stress and wacky-stuff-stress both taunt and torment me, so I make brownies to deal with it all. It happens all the time now. My whole family will be asleep and I'll be in the kitchen baking brownies at 1 AM in the morning. It isn't healthy I tell you D:

lol i think it's pretty unique that you bake brownies to conquer your stress lols. it's interesting to see people's unique stress habits.
            Indeed we belong to Allah,
            and indeed to Him we will return.

Quran 2:156

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWlx_uwj8OE

Comment

Step one: Visit Pippin's house and deliver the brownies there.

Step two: Sleep.

um.....I might actually be wrong about step two (not step one though as that needs to be done), because I don't really get stressed so I don't really know how to deal with it. But sleep always helps when you are worried. Sometimes our bodies are on overdrive and the best thing for you to do is relax. Once that happens, you'll be able to focus on what needs to be done and do them. You just need to take a breather. So do that too. Deep breaths in and out.

If you feel like you can't sleep, then make a list of what you need to do and prioritize it from important to least important. Then start working on the important stuff. And make tons of du'a too.

May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

but in all seriousness I do want some brownies.
                وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
                "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
                Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
                [2:186]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

Getting comfortable with the worst case scenario :)

At least you're making something. Me, I have a talent for panicking:o
                  I'll be happy when Im done tho:embar:
                  Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Its good that you bake its form of therapy lol. I love brownies with condensed milk on top.

Listening to Quraan specially surah al baqarah soothes me. If I don't hear or read Quraan I feel incomplete.

I do yoga too its the best.

Comment

I tend to sleep, but it doesn't make it go away, just postponing it for a while. Usually the best way, I've found, is to pick it apart and find out what I can fix or change and then try to not worry over the rest. It works out in the end the way it's supposed to anyway.
                      "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Allah takes care of my problems. Love Him.

Simply making the dua helps before the answer comes.
                        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

I read Quran, it just helps me when i'm feeling low or stressed out. I also tend to contemplate over life and death, and realise whatever current situation i'm facing now will be over and done with soon. This dunya is temporary just like we ourselves are, so whatever calamity befalls us will end by the will of Allah (subhanhu wa ta'ala). Just like we have an end (death) our hardships also have an end, therefore there is no need for us to be overly stressed out. All will be well, in shaa Allah.

Try to occupy yourself when your feeling stressed. If you have an assignment or exam to study/complete, give yourself a 10-15 min break. Clear your mind off and try to get some fresh air. Perhaps you can eat a snack to energise yourself before you start. Once your refreshed, just sit down and try to start. I know its not easy completing an assignment or studying for an exam, but if you keep leaving it to last minute, it will only stress you out more. Even if you are to write one sentence or a paragraph, it is better than nothing. I know how dreadful it can be, buts its even more dreadful when you have a pile of work to complete in less than 24 hours.

Remember Allah (subhanhu wa ta'ala) and that He is there for you, so long as you call out to Him. So make du'a to Allah to help you complete all your tasks.

And last but not least don't forget a box of chocolatse! or even better, some brownies :)

Comment

Making Du'aa, praying extra, asking Allah s.w.t, and reading the Qur'an. Allah alone can help me.

Also, sometimes talking to my family/friends about it.
                            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

How do you guys and gals deal with stress

Allah swt doesn't burden a soul more than it can bear...

Stress is a state in the mind amongst many other states, why not try switching from one to another?

When a believer knows he/she is on the truth and is promised paradise, how can one stress?

Look at the challenges in your life at the moment and love them. Embrace them. Crave the pain that comes with them. Because it only came to build you as a person, make you stronger and get you to your goal.

lastly, whenever you feel that a task is weighing down on you or it feels impossible to accomplish, read this du'a:
                              اللهما لا سهلا إلا ما جعلته سهلا و انت تجعل الحزن اذا شئت سهلا.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X