Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please

Can anyone give me some advice please. Was born a Muslim but didn't take deen to seriously. Now focusing more on deen and man i missed a lot of stuff.

25 now and very much lacking in Islamic knowledge.

I dont think i have ever prayed 5 times a day except a few times in life.

Never paid zakat.

Managed to fast but never prayed during those times so invalid anyway as i have come to notice.

All my working life have involved haram goods such as selling alcohol and pork.

In such a deep hole know i dont even know where to begin. If i died tonight i think i would die a kafir and man im scared.

Just feel like going someplace distant and taking a break from this world. Think i am getting majorly depressed.

Born in uk so have been around fitna my whole life and i always kept telling myself when i grew up everything would be allright,e.g would be able to do all the acts of islam easily and would have halal income. Now im stuck in haram job with basically no time for ibadah and im feeling the pressure of getting married etc. Honestly dont know what to do and just feel like giving up and thinking maybe i was destined for hell. Any advice would be much apreciated.

Re: Advice please

Did you pray Isha tonight?

Comment

Never give up on the mercy of Allah . If you ask for forgiveness Allah will forgive you In Sha Allah. Start of slowly. Take a step at a time start with your salah. Pray the fard and if you think you can pray the Sunnah as well. If you can't than pray the fard and slowly add the Sunnah so once your use to praying 2 fard for Fajr add the 2 Sunnah for Fajr. This way you start out slow instead of adding everything all together and giving up because you aren't use to it.

Stop selling haram. My father use to sell pork when he stopped Allah blessed my dads store much more. When you stop haram Allah adds rizk.

Don't worry about marriage right now. Worry about your salah and your iman.

Just remember this. Allah mercy is infinite never forget that
      Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Did you pray Isha tonight?
        Dont know whether to pray or go to sleep. I can actually feel like im turning into a kafir, my iman is so low at this point

Comment

Originally posted by dawahman2 View Post
          Dont know whether to pray or go to sleep. I can actually feel like im turning into a kafir, my iman is so low at this point
          You do know. There is still time so clear your mind, go and do wudhu and pray.

Comment

Salam bro. It's never too late to return to Allah.
            Allah says that if you go to him walking, he shall come to you running.
            This is a wake up call for you brother. Allah is calling you.
            What you need to do is gain knowledge and then implement it in your life.
            Ilm is very important and more important than that is to amal on it.
            Wallahi, you will find happiness and meaning in your life when you turn to the creator.
            So today, make the intention that you want to become a righteous slave and that you want to worship the creator.
            Gain lots of knowledge brother.
            May Allah guide you. Ameen.

Comment

Can anyone give me some advice please. Was born a Muslim but didn't take deen to seriously. Now focusing more on deen and man i missed a lot of stuff.

Never paid zakat.

Managed to fast but never prayed during those times so invalid anyway as i have come to notice.

In such a deep hole know i dont even know where to begin. If i died tonight i think i would die a kafir and man im scared.

Just feel like going someplace distant and taking a break from this world. Think i am getting majorly depressed.

Born in uk so have been around fitna my whole life and i always kept telling myself when i grew up everything would be allright,e.g would be able to do all the acts of islam easily and would have halal income. Now im stuck in haram job with basically no time for ibadah and im feeling the pressure of getting married etc. Honestly dont know what to do and just feel like giving up and thinking maybe i was destined for hell. Any advice would be much apreciated.
              salams:

Tbh, i have a feeling you know what to do. Firstly repent and ask Allah swt to forgive you. It is good that you are at this point. Some ppl never wake up from the state that Allah swt is waking you up from . Your alive and now have a chance.
              Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

Ok i have prayed isha and will try and ask for repentance as well.

Comment

Ok i have prayed isha and will try and ask for repentance as well.
                  Now go to sleep early and pray at the masjid in the morning. Set your alarm just in case!

Comment

Assalamu alaykum, dear brother.

Each time you experience these feelings when reflecting, it is in reality Allah Ta'aalaa extending His mercy in your direction, waiting for you to move towards Him (SWT). Some people are at a point when this stops. Thankfully, you're not one of these people yet.

Just some points to consider, inshaaAllah:

SALAH

- Make Tawbah from missing salah and perform them all. If you are from the subcontinent, your parents may have raised you to perform many extra nawaafil. Just stick close to the minimum for now.

MISSED IBAADAH
                    - Don't worry about your missed salah and fasts right at this moment. Speak to someone regarding Zakah. InshaaAllah, make tawbah from your sins, and Allah Ta'aalaa will facilitate for you these things step by step.

HARAM INCOME
                    - With regard to your job, keep looking seriously for something halal, but stick with it for now.

CHANGE OF INFLUENCES

- Try to find some brothers who are practising, or at least leave those who drag you towards disobedience as much as you reasonably can for those who don't.

MEANINGFUL DU'AA
                    - In du'aa talk to Allah with sincerity and humility, mentioning your unhappiness in disobeying Him, your desire to obey Him. Call Him using His names repeatedly... "Yaa Ghafoor (relating to His extreme forgiveness), Yaa Tawwab (relating to His Relenting nature), yaa Haleem (the Forebearing, who patiently refrains from punishing us despite our continued rebellion and disregard for His Authority. His constant kindness and Rahmah continues to rain down on us.)

ILM & DAILY REMINDERS
                    - Try to learn little by little, and listen to/watch a few short Islamic videos on YouTube, daily. Even very short ones from channels such as 'merciful servant' and 'Quran weekly' will inshaaAllah give you impetus in living the way you should.

SUMMERY...

If you perform your salah 5 times, you will instantly feel better. It will set things in motion and you will have something to show to Allah to attract His mercy.
                    It signals your sincerity in trying to change, and really is something that takes little of our time overall. An hour and a half? An hour? 45 mins out of 24?

We were created to worship God.
                    To spend 95% of our time in other things and only 5% (or less?) in exclusive devotion to our Creator, Provider and Sustainer, we should really be able to do it. If we can't, just think how grossly unreasonable we are being...
                    Last edited by Fakhri; 26-11-15, 01:41 AM.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Never paid zakat.

Make dua to Allah everyday
                      "Ya Allah please bless me with good Friends"
                      In shaa Allah you will be blessed and they will help
                      You daily

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X