Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where do you learn islam from if you dont have a teacher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: where do you learn islam from if you dont have a teacher?

Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
    You can read books. Darussalam is a great online bookstore. They have a wealth of Islamic books.

EDIT: Blackbeard reminded me. Be cautious if you take this route. You can learn the knowledge of a scholar from a book, but you can't learn character. There are many people who taught themselves Islam through books and in doing so became arrogant and condescending. That's why learning from a teacher is preferable. A teacher can teach you character as well as knowledge. Just a word of advice.
    +2
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Re: where do you learn islam from if you dont have a teacher?

Yes, the forum is going to be running classes soon. Post a reply on that thread expressing your interest. The other thing is, go to your local masjid and talk to the imam and others there. Get a feel for whether they are knowledgeable and ask for guidance. It is surely an honour for a muslim to be asked for guidance from one of our ummah. I got one to one guidance when I first became muslim (I'm a revert) and the connection and ability to ask questions etc is something no book can offer so while beneficial, try to find a brother to help you if possible. I still need guidance myself and am going to do the same here where I live when my health improves.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X