Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is bowing haram?

Originally posted by hooshi View Post
    I guess those people have trouble understanding the difference between bowing and stooping
    We aren't talking about the English definition of bowing it's why I said bowing to get down on your hands and knees not to make ruku. Ruku is also haram anyway because it is also an act of worship to Allah that we do in salah

So either way both are haram
    Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

No, they don't
      whatever, both are haram except for Allah, bowing of respect for any creation has no place in Islam, do what the prophet (saw) taught us in how to show respect, greet with salam and smile. Why you guys have to conjure up things like this and cause trouble. Scholars have denounced it. Enough said.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed Mifxal View Post
        whatever, both are haram except for Allah, bowing of respect for any creation has no place in Islam, do what the prophet (saw) taught us in how to show respect, greet with salam and smile.
        That is bowing.
        Next time read the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Allah's_Servant View Post
          We aren't talking about the English definition of bowing it's why I said bowing to get down on your hands and knees not to make ruku. Ruku is also haram anyway because it is also an act of worship to Allah that we do in salah

Bowing doesn't mean stooping either.

Comment

we are though. the op specified bowing in karate. but anyway, I just did some search and there are differences of opinions but it's at least makrooh (bowing slightly, as in martial arts).
            I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Bowing doesn't mean stooping either.
              Actually it is. Maybe you should open the dictionary

Bow to bend or curve downward; stoop:
              to cause to stoop or incline:

Bowing (also called stooping) is the act of lowering the torso and head as a social gesture in direction to another person or symbol.
              Don't depend too much on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                we are though. the op specified bowing in karate. but anyway, I just did some search and there are differences of opinions but it's at least makrooh (bowing slightly, as in martial arts).
                :jkk:

Comment

Actually it is. Maybe you should open the dictionary

Bow to bend or curve downward; stoop:
                  to cause to stoop or incline:
                  Aha!
                  That's your problem.
                  You think they are exact synonyms..................;)

Comment

Aha!
                    That's your problem.
                    You think they are exact synonyms..................;)
                    So are you slow or just an idiot. I can't tell.

Comment

Bowing down is sujood *rolls eyes*

Also it's not wrong. Because if it was wrong than everyone would have been bowing down to their husbands and the Nabi :saw: you must be some ignorant person who loves shirk
                      no, this thread was never about sujood. i think you're confused.
                      You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                        no, this thread was never about sujood. i think you're confused.
                        No I'm not confused I understand what the OP meant. But I was replying to the other person who said that its wasn't haram to prostrate because the Angels prostrated to Adam (as) and the family of Yusuf (as) prostrated down to him. I'm trying to point out that both of those are different situations than what OP is talking about.

What OP is talking about is Ruku and what I was talking about with the other person was Sujood because they wanted to use those two verses to say it was halal to prostrate to others than Allah

Honestly I should have used Arabic terms instead of English ones because bow down can mean ruku and sujood.

Comment

No I'm not confused I understand what the OP meant. But I was replying to the other person who said that its wasn't haram to prostrate because the Angels prostrated to Adam (as) and the family of Yusuf (as) prostrated down to him. I'm trying to point out that both of those are different situations than what OP is talking about.

What OP is talking about is Ruku and what I was talking about with the other person was Sujood because they wanted to use those two verses to say it was halal to prostrate to others than Allah

Honestly I should have used Arabic terms instead of English ones because bow down can mean ruku and sujood.
                          Now maybe, but not initially.
                          Bowing even as a sign of respect if haram because if it bowing out of respect was permissible than the Prophet :saw: would have told women to bow down to their husbands
                          The hadith is about sujood.

But whatever........
                          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                            Now maybe, but not initially.

The hadith is about sujood.

But whatever........
                            Again that post wasn't to the OP or anything related to the OP was talking about but I perhaps did use the word incorrect without knowing it in my haste.

Mistakes happen May Allah forgive me

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X