1 Million Dollar Prize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Million Dollar Prize

How much will you spend for Sadaqah (Charity) if you ever get a prize worth 1 million dollar?
    Where will you like to spend the balance amount?

Re: 1 Million Dollar Prize

How much is that after taxes?

Comment

I would say 10 % :o

Comment

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
        Where do you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
          Where do you live?

Comment

Assuming you win who wants to be a millionaire, there'll be no taxes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdalla94' View Post
              Assuming you win who wants to be a millionaire, there'll be no taxes on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theistic View Post
                How much will you spend for Sadaqah (Charity) if you ever get a prize worth 1 million dollar?
                Where will you like to spend the balance amount?
                I'd do "sadaqa" on myself and my family first in all honesty. Because giving charity to ur own relatives to help them out of struggle is preferred I think. (Don't quote me I might be wrong)

So 1 million won't do. Maybe 10 million. So I can help all my relatives and friends pay off their debts and mortgage

Then I'd get greedy myself n buy myself a decent palace... I meant place ;)

And I would use up alot of that money to start up a business and once the business does well snd money comes rolling in, then I would help the poor that are not related.

In saying that though I rarely give charity to Bangladesh my usual choice is Palestine and Syria.
                "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Comment

$1m is

:)

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
                    I'd do "sadaqa" on myself and my family first in all honesty. Because giving charity to ur own relatives to help them out of struggle is preferred I think. (Don't quote me I might be wrong)

So 1 million won't do. Maybe 10 million. So I can help all my relatives and friends pay off their debts and mortgage

Then I'd get greedy myself n buy myself a decent palace... I meant place ;)

And I would use up alot of that money to start up a business and once the business does well snd money comes rolling in, then I would help the poor that are not related.

In saying that though I rarely give charity to Bangladesh my usual choice is Palestine and Syria.
                    First decent reply to this thread, thanks & Jazak Allah khair!

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
                      Interesting question
                      Sadaqah always starts at home, so i'd spend it on my family, relatives and friends, helping with debts, buying gifts etc.
                      Then i'd give it to charities, to help people who were suffering from lack of food, water, shelter, diseases, also to the orphan, needy, wayfarer, etc.
                      Also, maybe i'd use some to set up a non profitable centre where people can get aid and shelter and food etc#
                      And just give as much of it as possible to try help as many people as possible, who are in the most dire and life threatening situations
                      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
                      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Im not going to lie, I probably wouldn't spend it all knowing how I am.... but I'd spend a hefty amount though.
                        "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X