• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When to say it? what does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Meem. View Post
      :salams
      The word "wallah" what does it really mean? When do you say this? I would also like to know how to say "by Allah" and I suppose it is not 'wallah' in Arabic?
      means "By god"
      When to say it?
      depends on people
      The prophet :saw: says in a hadith: Don't swear to god with a lie or without a stern need

but some people say use it almost anytime: when to give opinions and when to make someone believe something, even if a lie

Comment

Originally posted by Meem. View Post
        This is true, I do not say it at all because we do not know how big a mater it is- swearing by Allah. :jkk:
        Exactly, sister. That's why I got confused when I see lots of people casually using It on UF, whereas in real life, I don't hear anyone saying it, I was actually going to mention this to someone the other day, but I was a little unsure about it myself, so I'm very glad that this topic was brought up. I remember when we were really small kids, and someone would say it, when we would forget and didn't know that we weren't supposed to, my parents would remind us not to use it, except in super severe matters/life and death matters.
        And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
        [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
          That's why I got confused when I see lots of people casually using It on UF, whereas in real life, I don't hear anyone saying it, I was actually going to mention this to someone the other day, but I was a little unsure about it myself, so I'm very glad that this topic was brought up. I remember when we were really small kids, and someone would say it, when we would forget and didn't know that we weren't supposed to, my parents would remind us not to use it, except in super severe matters/life and death matters.
          Not everyone is grown in a religious family.
          The reason you seldom hear it in real life is probably because there are few Pakistanis in your real world. They probably are so much busy with criticizing shia that they have no time learning Islam!

Comment

Originally posted by hooshi View Post
            Not everyone is grown in a religious family.
            The reason you seldom hear it in real life is probably because there are few Pakistanis in your real world. They probably are so much busy with criticizing shia that they have no time learning Islam!
            I don't think its about being in a religious family brother. In my real world I know a lot of Pakistanis, not everyone I know is religious, but this specific word, I seldom here people saying it. And people who are very religious still say it, it's a cultural thing/habit.
            And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
            [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X