Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Hijab .. Is it an obesticle for me to work in non Islamic countries ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hijab .. Is it an obesticle for me to work in non Islamic countries ??

Alssalam Aylkom all

So This is my first post here in the forum "So happy to find such a community :o " .

Recently I have been planning to move on to a non muslim country eg: America , Canada , Netherlands , Sweden , Australia, UK or another ..
    But to be honest with you after doing deep research about hijab wearing woman situation there I GOT SHOCKED as it says woman are biased there and can not find jobs !!
    Does this mean I won't find a job there ?? Even if I am a qualified professional with master degree ??

Please if you are living in a non Muslim country, can u please explain this to me ? and tell me whether is this right or wrong ??
    & Which country is the best for a hijab wearing woman to live and work in with no racism??
    Last edited by SMarwa; 22-10-15, 06:10 PM.

Re: My Hijab .. Is it an obesticle for me to work in non Islamic countries ??

don't move to a non muslim country

also i find it a bit hard to believe you have a masters degree but whatever
    Last edited by Linkdeutscher; 22-10-15, 05:52 PM.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      don't move to a non muslim country

also i find it a bit hard to believe you have a masters degree but whatever

Hard to believe !???!!! What do you mean ??

Comment

Originally posted by SMarwa View Post
        Alssalam Aylkom all

So This is my first post here in the forum "So happy to find such a community :o " .

Recently I have been planning to move on to a non muslim country eg: America , Canada , Netherlands , Sweden , Australia, UK or another ..
        But to be honest with you after doing deep research about hijab wearing woman situation there I GOT SHOCKED as it says woman are biased there and can not find jobs !!
        Does this mean I won't find a job there ?? Even if I am a qualified professional with master degree ??

Please if you are living in a non Muslim country, can u please explain this to me ? and tell me weather is this right or wrong ??
        & Which country is the best for a hijab wearing woman to live and work in with no racism??
        Assalamulakum,

Honestly I wouldn't recommend any muslim to go a non muslim country, after having lived in Canada for quite a bit. Islamaphobia is everywhere and is on the rise. If you decide to go, you might find a job that is not the problem ,the main problem is the environment. Though if you put a gun to my head and asked which non muslim country. I would say UK, but that is only because they have the biggest muslim community

Comment

Hard to believe !???!!! What do you mean ??
          anyway it is haram for you to go there, for multiple reasons.
          Last edited by Linkdeutscher; 22-10-15, 06:33 PM.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

[MENTION=134594]SMarwa[/MENTION]

Still trying to understand why so many Muslims want to move to non-Muslim countries?
            Anyway, it might. We aren't exactly welcome here by everyone. But other things can stop you from getting a job as well; skin color, gender, anything. It's all illegal to use against you, but it does happen.
            You'll find a job. But it might not be what your degree is in.

Comment

Wa Alaykumussalam
              you're in an Islamic country :)
              Anyway, if you were going to move, I can't speak about any other countries except the UK, as I have only ever lived here.
              From my experience, and where I live, I've never experienced any racism, I wear hijab and an abayah. I know ppl who wear Niqaabs too (I wanna wear one too Insha ' Allah)
              Anyway, stick to the deen wherever you are, in your country or if you move, there's risk of discrimination in some places, but don't ever compromise on Deen.
              Firstly, look at the reasons for why you wanna move, if you decide to go ahead, try and move somewhere that is diverse like the UK, thirdly, even if discriminated, don't remove your hijab or anything like that. Just don't work at that place
              The bigger worry in non muslim countries is fitna and haram, that is everywhere.
              And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
              [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Thank you Morpherious , unfortunately It's not very easy to stay in the middle east now for many reasons, immigration is one of the choices we are seeking now here ..
                Thinking of the best country for a veiled girl to live and work in is my only opportunity now , THANK YOU so much for being interested to discuss this point with me.

Comment

Thank you Morpherious , unfortunately It's not very easy to stay in the middle east now for many reasons, immigration is one of the choices we are seeking now here ..
                  Thinking of the best country for a veiled girl to live and work in is my only opportunity now , THANK YOU so much for being interested to discuss this point with me.
                  how will you move to the west?

Comment

where are you from? what country are you moving from? honestly I wouldn't recommend it, yes hijab can be an obstacle for a good job, it's darul kufr...

if you still insist, UK is the only viable option, the most tolerant....
                    "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

[MENTION=111528]SofiaG[/MENTION]

Actually there is too many Sofia: Corruption, inequity, political instability, lack of opportunities, bias against gender and religion sometimes, negative socio-cultural memes, insecurity more and more ..

Comment

Actually there is too many Sofia: Corruption, inequity, political instability, lack of opportunities, bias against gender and religion sometimes, negative socio-cultural memes, insecurity more and more ..

Comment

Comment

wa alaykum salam#
                            i wear a hijab and an abaya and alhamdulillah i have a job.

i went to my job interview wearing exactly that as well.

so in sha allah the possiblity is always there. and dont forget whose hands rizk is in - Allah swt's

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

[MENTION=113309]Linkdeutscher[/MENTION]

Thank you for the point, but be ready for more spelling mistakes if u want to continue discussing this topic with me as my English is not perfect ..:o

how will you move to the west?

Still did not detect my destination yet so that I can detect the perfect way to go there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X