Clearing the Confusion behind ض

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing the Confusion behind ض

Great series on the correct pronunciation of ض, the most difficult letter in any language on the face of earth, as well as refuting the false ض .

http://www.therightfulrecital.com/20...-introduction/
    http://www.therightfulrecital.com/20...age-the-quran/
    http://www.therightfulrecital.com/20...pronunciation/
    http://www.therightfulrecital.com/20...-of-the-sanad/
    http://www.therightfulrecital.com/20...s-bogus-sanad/

May Allah reward the authors, this helped me so much. There is also a lot of other amazing stuff on the blog, it's a true hidden jewel.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

OP is a jaahil.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
      OP is a jaahil.
      What do you mean
      I was formerly known as LailaTheMuslim

Comment

Originally posted by Lock92 View Post

What do you mean
        Incorrect information. The 'false' one is actually correct.

Comment

Nice son.

Comment

Incorrect information. The 'false' one is actually correct.
            Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Are you serious?
              Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                I didn't read the articles but at the end there is a video of a boy who recites the qur'an and everytime he pronounces ض they correct him. Do u mean to say that his pronunciation is correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

I didn't read the articles but at the end there is a video of a boy who recites the qur'an and everytime he pronounces ض they correct him. Do u mean to say that his pronunciation is correct?
                  No. I don't even know what he's been taught, sounds like a laam in the two/three instances I listened to. Both are incorrect.

This is the correct one.

https://youtu.be/jJh6po-FJoo?t=410

Comment

Why does this matter?

Some English speakers think the word 'idea' has an 'r' at the end when spoken.

Help a non-Muslim out.

~Bub
                    From the Many, One

Comment

Originally posted by BubbleGum View Post
                      Why does this matter?

Some English speakers think the word 'idea' has an 'r' at the end when spoken.

Help a non-Muslim out.

~Bub
                      You actually gave an excellent example there.

The Quran was revealed in Arabic, hence should be recited in Arabic according to the best of ones ability. It is one of the finest acts of worship and one should strive for perfection. Deliberately mispronouncing a letter differently would be obviously wrong.

However Arabic just like many other languages was a vast language with varying dialects, and all those are considered acceptable as long as the origin is from Arabs.

Just like the 'r' example you presented, you'll find various dialectal differences within classical Arabic as well that are all valid.

However blatantly switching out an Arabic letter with a totally foreign or another letter would be incorrect.

Comment

Excellent explanation, Linkdeutscher. Thank you.

~Bub
                        From the Many, One

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X