Quick Jumuah Reminder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Jumuah Reminder

During the khutbah today the imam mentioned some extremely important things that I wish to remind all of us on forum.
    Bismillah.

Oftentimes, when we see poor people in the streets, begging, or homeless people who may be mentally ill, or on drugs and can't let go, or anything else we don't bother to give them anything. Why? Because of their 'acts' we assume either they don't need our money or smiles or that they don't deserve it.

When someone asks for assistance, we often think 'Why don't they go get a job?' or 'I was an immigrant and I turned out okay' yet we often forget that ourselves or our parents have come from countries where people are being oppressed, or are starving, or don't have access to what we have- free education, water, food, clothing, and *gasp* the internet)We all know very well how attached we are to the internet and the info we get from it).We forget that Allah (swt) has given us eyesight, limbs to walk in, a tongue to speak with, ears that work for us to hear with, and even saliva(my dad's friend has this condition where his mouth is always dry and it's pure torture, even this small thing).

We must use our blessings, however much or little we have of it to thank our Lord (swt) and also perform deeds of kindness and charity for those in need. Hasn't our Prophet (saw) taught us anything?! When he said 'Love for your brother what you love for yourself'. Hasn't Allah (swt) mentioned:

"And they give food, inspite of their love for it (or for the love of Him), to Miskin (poor), the orphan, and the captive,"- Surat Insan.

A Muslim must always strive to achieve rahmah and kindness in his heart for the poor and destitute. Why were most of the first early Muslims from amongst them? Is it not befitting for a Muslim to treat those in distress well? It's not for us to judge why they are in such a position. It is our duty to do the best we can while on this earth. Who cares if people stares? Who cares if they think you're crazy too? On the Day of Judgement, I am very sure and everyone does know that none of the opinions of mankind will help us in the least.

That's all. Maybe this message is scrambled or confusing, I just hope someone at least gets something out of it.
    Make duaa for the sinner who posted this reminder insha allah, as it is a reminder for me first and foremost.
    Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Re: Quick Jumuah Reminder

:jkk:
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

The Importance of Jumuah

I'm sure we've all been drilled many times in our short lives about how Friday is special for us. Many of us thinkearly

Comment

The Reality of Death

Was late for khutbah today so I missed a great portion which I will always regret missing. However the words the imam spoke as soon as I sat down were something along the lines of:

"And we all wait to see our children grow, but how many of our children were taken away from us when we were young? And how many of us beautified brides for their husbands but their souls were taken from them that very night?" I do not know whether he narrated a hadeeth but yes it was pretty startling.

He then narrated the following ayat:

Surat Qaf

19. And the stupor of death will come in truth: "This is what you have been avoiding!"

20. And the Trumpet will be blown, that will be the Day whereof warning (had been given) (i.e. the Day of Resurrection).

21. And every person will come forth along with an (angel) to drive (him), and an (angel) to bear witness.

He stressed that 'on that day what will we have? are we ready for that day?' He pointed that there was a man of the salaf (I cant rememberthe name for some reason astaghfirullah) that people noticed he never cried when he heard Jahannam being mentioned, or jannah. Yet when he was near a grave, he would cry. So he was asked ''Why do you cry in front of graves and not when Jannah or Jahannam are mentioned?' He replied 'Because what comes first is the grave. If we pass that trial of the grave what will come after will be easy.

Imam also mentioned that among the many fitan of this world- wealth, desires, etc. and in the midst of enjoying the blessings of Allah (swt) , we often forget about the reality of this life. We do not remember death, and we even forget to praise the Lord of the Worlds and thank Him for our blessings.

He said 'How many of us wake up in the morning knowing we don't have any to eat? How many of us wake up and we are starved because we haven't eaten in weeks? How many of us wake up in fear and sadness, knowing our fathers or mothers aren't with us because they were killed? How many of us wake up to the fear that we may be killed? How many of us have family members being killed or taken away from us, in front of us??' obviously none, or at least that was in my head.

We don't have any reason to complain. Our plates are too full to complain. It is a crime for us to complain about our computers and our friends when people around the world are hungry, starved, and dying, regardless of who, what, when, or why. We should thank Allah (swt) because if we don't do so in this world, we will certainly regret that in the Hereafter.

What touched my heart was the narration of Aishah (r) that the imam narrated. I've heard it so many times, but wallahi it just increases you in realizing every time how much we fall short in showing gratitude to our Lord.

When the Prophet (peace be upon him)'s feet swelled in the night, skin cracking, and he is crying and praying, the Mother of the Believers said:

“O Prophet of Allah, why do you undergo so much hardship despite the fact that Allah has pardoned for you your earlier and later sins?” He ṣallallāhu 'alayhi wa sallam (peace and blessings of Allāh be upon him) responded, “Afala akuna abdan shakura? Should I not prove myself to be a thankful servant?”

Subhanallah. We can learn from the Prophet (saw). He was so thankful that he spent his nights praying when his past sins were already forgiven!!!!

The Imam also recited the following ayah and told us to never forget.

Surat Mulk

2. Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving.

Surat Fajr

23. And brought [within view], that Day, is Hell - that Day, man will remember, but what good to him will be the remembrance?

24.He will say, "Oh, I wish I had sent ahead [some good] for my life."

^This will be our state if we do not remember Allah often. It is not easy but as evident in the ayat at the end of the surah:

27. [To the righteous it will be said], "O reassured soul

28.Return to your Lord, well-pleased and pleasing [to Him],

29.And enter among My [righteous] servants

30.And enter My Paradise."

^and this is the light at the end of the tunnel. The Home of the Hereafter. Let us all strive and take care of our actions, insha allah ta'ala.

That is all I can remember.

And Allah knows best. May Allah forgive us and give us jannatul firdaws, ameen.

-Figs

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
          The Reality of Death

Was late for khutbah today so I missed a great portion which I will always regret missing. However the words the imam spoke as soon as I sat down were something along the lines of:

-Figs
          Females go for friday prayer?

Comment

Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
            :shock:

Comment

Originally posted by Romero123 View Post
              Yes brother. It's not obligatory on us but many of us do like to come. We benefit from the khutbah and salah too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X