Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Everytime I leave my home. I live with Islamophobic parents.
    Indeed, Allah orders justice and good conduct and giving to relatives and forbids immorality and bad conduct and oppression. He admonishes you that perhaps you will be reminded.

-16:90 (Surah an-Nahl)

Comment

Re: Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

nearly happened today... well my parents were out so i was balancing ordering stuff, helping with summat n looking after my cousin n the doorbell rang.... n my scarves are 2 sets of floors up. but i put my jacket over my head wrapped it around to be a scarf, so it was fine lool.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

unfortunately, yes..and it was never my mistake and it always felt like i was naked or something without my hijab.. *cries*

Comment

Originally posted by Taboo View Post
          salam

its so lovely so read of people with strong haya after being around disbelievers all day. your story made me smile (because of your haya, not because you were embarrassed).

yes its happened many times but kufar dont have strong reservations about walking into someones room or house without knocking.

they just dont see hair as a big deal and dont get why we get angry or feel embarassed when intruded on without hijab.
          Thanks sis, you also made me smile :)

Haya is such a beautiful characteristic that we all have, Alhamdulillah. I was just thinking about it the other day - what an amazing gift hayaa is, and words can't explain how thankful i am to Allah swt to give such a blessing. Honestly can't imagine having no shame and walking outside without my veil, it may not be a big deal for the kuffaar but for muslimahs it means everything - her dignity and pride.

Wow sis i have never encountered a non-believer walk in my house without knocking. If that were to happen i don't know what i'd do, perhaps take my shoe out? lol, but seriously that is a whole lot of trouble. May Allah swt help you sis, Ameen.
          Last edited by Peony.; 09-10-15, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
            ML, that's a verydangerous thought/thing to say. a muslim can be the worst muslim and have a billion sins but they will still remain a muslim. it don't make them kuffaar.
            true F-R which is why i regretted sayng that later on.

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
              Thanks sis, you also made me smile :)

Haya is such a beautiful characteristic that we all have, Alhamdulillah. I was just thinking about it the other day - what an amazing gift hayaa is, and words can't explain how thankful i am to Allah swt to give such a blessing. Honestly can't imagine having no shame and walking outside without my veil, it may not be a big deal for the kuffaar but for muslimahs it means everything - her dignity and pride.

Wow sis i have never encountered a non-believer walk in my house without knocking. If that were to happen i don't know what i'd do, perhaps take my shoe out? lol, but seriously that is a whole lot of trouble. May Allah swt help you sis, Ameen.
              Ameen and you too sis. I grew up nonmuslim, so im used to it. i have more haya than a nonmuslim alhamdulillah, but i dont think ill reach your level or the level of any sis living in an islamic home or raised muslim. after growing up in a mixed, immoral (by islamic standards) and sometimes dangerous enviroment, nothing shocks me anymore lol.

I dont react the same way you would after annoying things like this happen. i know explaining does no good, yelling in surprise does no good; because as long as someone does not respect your beliefs and boundaries, they will continue to cross them. and they wont think anything of it.

make dua for Allah to keep us on the straight path :) ameen
              I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
              Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

Though I'm not sister, rather a brother (lol), but I thought it would be interesting to answer from a man's POV.

This Layla't-al-Mi'rāj (1442/2021), I was out to distribute dishes/cusine with relatives with little sister on my bike. It was dark by the time I reached the street where their home was. I waited outside on my bike while little sister went inside with the cusine. The street was pitch dark, with my bike's headlight the only source of light. I quickly lowered my gaze and Suddenly some girls started getting out of a house ahead of me, all dressed up in a modern way (perhaps going to some ceremony). As they came closer, their faces became visible in the headlight; they had no hijab/naqab. Upon witnessing this, I quickly dimmed my bike's headlight, but it seemed that the girls were using the light for view because one of them shouted: "please leave the light turned on, we can't see." I turned the lights back on, and tried not to look up. All of them crossed me with their laughing chit-chat; none cared whether their hijab was on or not near a non-mehram. My heart was thumping because it was very tempting to look up, but I remained stead-fast and prayed that they just leave quick.
                The little sister came back and I revved my bike quickly to get out of there without looking back.

I can't belive how current Muslim girls are promoting this no-hijab, tights and revealing clothes culture. I'm a part of this generation, but I, even as a boy, feel disgusted to reveal something as niché as arms in front of any girl.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X