Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Salams dear sisters,

Here's my background story..
    One time my brother whom normally informs me when he brings along his friends had forgotten to. So me not knowing this entered the backyard with no hijab (hair all out - yes its as bad as it can get) only to find his friend there. We just stared at eachother from shock for a second before a ran out to my room. To say i'm embarrassed is an underestimate. Thank God i was wearing my abaya or else i would be hybernating for a whole decade. But even so, i feel so horrible and don't feel like getting out of my room ever again. Its not just this one occasion, it's happened several times (we tend to have a lot of guests pop up) and because of this very reason i have become self concious and always wear an abaya and jilbab around the house. I don't mind, in fact i feel more secure with it - better safe than sorry.

So sisters, have you also encountered a similar situation? If yes what did you do in such cicumstances? I mean what are we meant to do? Is the sin on us?
    Last edited by Peony.; 07-10-15, 01:47 AM.

Re: Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Salaam xx

Yes sadly I have a few times.. Once a while ago, dad had an accident, so I ran out to aid him.. Literally in my track suit and hair all out.. We went hospital and I didn't have no hijab on for a good 3 hours.. I was in tears, felt undressed and so low. Was begging my mum to hurry and get me my hijab. The second time was when I was cleaning and my lil brother bought his mates over.. Also didn't inform me and all saw me. But alhamdulilah they quickly left and apologised. My bro on the other hand was in a lot of trouble :/

It feels odd doesn't it? I don't know how some women walk around without it. It's my pride and joy!
    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
    Guide me on your path to your janna,
    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

Re: Sisters, have you ever encountered a non-mahram see you without your hijab/niqab?

Yeah, when relatives have appeared outta nowhere :( and its so awkward :( I just leg it, sort it, and then reappear, lol. And it's like...you should give us pre warning already, because it would avoid this happening :(
      Omg I had this one really awkward time because I felt like 99.999% sure it was my female neighour who was knocking, because she had gone to get summat, and was like I'll be back in 1 minute, so I rushed to the door, opened it, popped my head around the door, and was Heyyy! Just feeling so assured it would be her... and it was some Muslim men from the mosque who were doing a charity collection, and they all looked so surprised, and looked down obviously, and omg It was sooo embarrassing, and awkward!! I quickly hid behind the door, gave the money, and felt sooo silly and guilty for doing that. Even though it was an accident, but I should have been more careful. Never have I presumed who's at the door again.
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
      [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Fragile View Post
        Salaam xx

Yes sadly I have a few times.. Once a while ago, dad had an accident, so I ran out to aid him.. Literally in my track suit and hair all out.. We went hospital and I didn't have no hijab on for a good 3 hours.. I was in tears, felt undressed and so low. Was begging my mum to hurry and get me my hijab. The second time was when I was cleaning and my lil brother bought his mates over.. Also didn't inform me and all saw me. But alhamdulilah they quickly left and apologised. My bro on the other hand was in a lot of trouble :/

It feels odd doesn't it? I don't know how some women walk around without it. It's my pride and joy!
        Subhan'Allah sis that must have been super hard for you. I guess in such situations your in shock and don't really have the mind to think about anything. Alhamdulillah your father and family are fine. May Allah swt keep you and your loved ones in the best of health and iman, Ameen.

Ohh yes my brother was in big trouble! Learnt his lesson very well, Alhamdulillah.

And yes sis it feels soo weird, words can't explain. I just felt like my personal space was invaded...very uncomfortable indeed. I can't imagine a second, let alone a day without my veil. Alhamdulillah for Islam, we have tasted true beauty, freedom and liberation.

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
          Subhan'Allah sis that must have been super hard for you. I guess in such situations your in shock and don't really have the mind to think about anything. Alhamdulillah your father and family are fine. May Allah swt keep you and your loved ones in the best of health and iman, Ameen.

Ohh yes my brother was in big trouble! Learnt his lesson very well, Alhamdulillah.

And yes sis it feels soo weird, words can't explain. I just felt like my personal space was invaded...very uncomfortable indeed. I can't imagine a second, let alone a day without my veil. Alhamdulillah for Islam, we have tasted true beauty, freedom and liberation.
          Ameen to your beautiful duaa sis..

MashAllah we are so lucky to be Muslims.. It's an honour and without islam there is no life worth living. Islam is the essence of true beauty, the beauty of innocence and mercy subhanallah
          Xxx

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
            Yeah, when relatives have appeared outta nowhere :( and its so awkward :( I just leg it, sort it, and then reappear, lol. And it's like...you should give us pre warning already, because it would avoid this happening :(
            Omg I had this one really awkward time because I felt like 99.999% sure it was my female neighour who was knocking, because she had gone to get summat, and was like I'll be back in 1 minute, so I rushed to the door, opened it, popped my head around the door, and was Heyyy! Just feeling so assured it would be her... and it was some Muslim men from the mosque who were doing a charity collection, and they all looked so surprised, and looked down obviously, and omg It was sooo embarrassing, and awkward!! I quickly hid behind the door, gave the money, and felt sooo silly and guilty for doing that. Even though it was an accident, but I should have been more careful. Never have I presumed who's at the door again.
            Aww sis it's okay.. Happens quite often. I always leave hijab by the house door.. I wear it every time anyone knocks. If you have space place it there, it will be useful one day. Xx

Comment

Sis i know the exact feeling. A lot of my family members especially cousins bring in their husbands without informing me and so i've also been caught with a similar situation. I mean i guess not everyone's as careful but still this is our right and they should be warning us. I've spoken to some about the situation - hoping they understood well, in shaa Allah. It's just way too awkward, especially because they (non-mahrams) know how you dress in front of them normally.. :/

Wow sis that must have been super super awkward/embarrasing! I'm feeling your pain right now, especially when the guy puts his head down...*smacks head*
              Normally i never open the door without saying 'who is it'...lol, yep i'm still a lil child. But yeh just to save my self from any trouble. I guess we all go through similar experiences and in a way it teaches us to me more aware and catious of our surroundings, Alhamdulillah.

Comment

Ameen to your beautiful duaa sis..

MashAllah we are so lucky to be Muslims.. It's an honour and without islam there is no life worth living. Islam is the essence of true beauty, the beauty of innocence and mercy subhanallah
                Xxx
                Yes sis very true indeed. The biggest blessing in life is being a muslim and knowing Islam is our deen, Alhamdulillah. xxx

Comment

Aww sis it's okay.. Happens quite often. I always leave hijab by the house door.. I wear it every time anyone knocks. If you have space place it there, it will be useful one day. Xx
                  Yeah sister, Ikr, its annoying. Jazakhallahu Khairan, that's a good idea actually. Insha ' Allah, will deffo do that. :) rather than scrambling about finding a scarf and someone's knocking at the same time too lool
                  And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�

Comment

This is why sisters should all learn how to do a fly kick. The second a Non Mahram sees you unprepared, you make them regret it, even if they didn't mean it, and they will do their best to never remember that situation, and to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Comment

Sis i know the exact feeling. A lot of my family members especially cousins bring in their husbands without informing me and so i've also been caught with a similar situation. I mean i guess not everyone's as careful but still this is our right and they should be warning us. I've spoken to some about the situation - hoping they understood well, in shaa Allah. It's just way too awkward, especially because they (non-mahrams) know how you dress in front of them normally.. :/

Wow sis that must have been super super awkward/embarrasing! I'm feeling your pain right now, especially when the guy puts his head down...*smacks head*
                      Normally i never open the door without saying 'who is it'...lol, yep i'm still a lil child. But yeh just to save my self from any trouble. I guess we all go through similar experiences and in a way it teaches us to me more aware and catious of our surroundings, Alhamdulillah.
                      Exactly right... It happens. The city that I live in, there's not that many relatives, so generally I'm okay, it's just when someone's visiting from a different city, but doesn't let us know beforehand, that it can cause the above problem. But if where u live, you got lotza relatives then I can imagine that, coz with my friend, the whole street are her relatives, and she just has a scarf around her neck permanently lol to put on, incase someone knocks. I know right, they're supposed to let us know beforehand, Islamically. And yeah its good, best thing to do is speak to them about it politely, so they know for next time Insha ' Allah. And yeah that's what I mean, and it makes a big difference aswell. I wonder like if a wife lives with her husbands family, so like the brother in law is there, she has to wear a niqaab in the house in his presence? I remember my friend saying summat similar with her aunty, and they always try to go down at different times, so she doesn't accidently meet the bro in law in the house, or summat.

Omg trust me, it was ultra ultra awkward and embarrassing! Like just the whole scenario, afterwards I was like ....... , I know right, espec because I was like Hey and popped my head around with a massive smile, so assured it was my neighbour and her baby, so the fact I was like that too, arghhh. That's a good idea, normally we look through the room to see who it is, because If I asked that through the door, don't think the person would beable to hear actually. And that's good to so sis, it does prevent the kinda problem i had. And yeah definitely, it does teach us that indeed. Alhamdulillah. I had kinda forgot about that incident coz it was a little while ago, and then this thread brought up those memories.

Comment

Salams dear sisters,

Here's my background story..
                        One time my brother whom normally informs me when he brings along his friends had forgotten to. So me not knowing this entered the backyard with no hijab (hair all out - yes its as bad as it can get) only to find his friend there. We just stared at eachother from shock for a second before a ran out to my room. To say i'm embarrassed is an underestimate. Thank God i was wearing my abaya or else i would be hybernating for a whole decade. But even so, i feel so horrible and don't feel like getting out of my room ever again. Its not just this one occasion, it's happened several times (we tend to have a lot of guests pop up) and because of this very reason i have become self concious and always wear an abaya and jilbab around the house. I don't mind, in fact i feel more secure with it - better safe than sorry.

So sisters, have you also encountered a similar situation? If yes what did you do in such cicumstances? I mean what are we meant to do? Is the sin on us?
                        This happened to me several times...
                        we all know the woes of uninvited guests, and relatives. :o
                        I was in my room with my sister and we had cousins come over but they were downstairs so I thought we were in privacy. Then a cousin who's close to my age opens the door and gets something for his mom....he didn't seem to notice or care but I was so shocked I yelled at him and he looked confused.
                        My sister she explained to him that I don't show my hair to cousins because they're non-mahrams and he was like 'I didn't know I wasn't a mahram.'
                        He still likes to walk in though, some people never change.
                        Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Exactly right... It happens. The city that I live in, there's not that many relatives, so generally I'm okay, it's just when someone's visiting from a different city, but doesn't let us know beforehand, that it can cause the above problem. But if where u live, you got lotza relatives then I can imagine that, coz with my friend, the whole street are her relatives, and she just has a scarf around her neck permanently lol to put on, incase someone knocks. I know right, they're supposed to let us know beforehand, Islamically. And yeah its good, best thing to do is speak to them about it politely, so they know for next time Insha ' Allah. And yeah that's what I mean, and it makes a big difference aswell. I wonder like if a wife lives with her husbands family, so like the brother in law is there, she has to wear a niqaab in the house in his presence? I remember my friend saying summat similar with her aunty, and they always try to go down at different times, so she doesn't accidently meet the bro in law in the house, or summat.

Omg trust me, it was ultra ultra awkward and embarrassing! Like just the whole scenario, afterwards I was like ....... , I know right, espec because I was like Hey and popped my head around with a massive smile, so assured it was my neighbour and her baby, so the fact I was like that too, arghhh. That's a good idea, normally we look through the room to see who it is, because If I asked that through the door, don't think the person would beable to hear actually. And that's good to so sis, it does prevent the kinda problem i had. And yeah definitely, it does teach us that indeed. Alhamdulillah. I had kinda forgot about that incident coz it was a little while ago, and then this thread brought up those memories.
                          Yes sis we have the whole family jumbo living in the same street (and around) so its quite busy at days. With the niqab, yes you would have to wear it in front of your brother in law as he is counted as a non-mahram. So once you adopt it, you practically need to wear it everywhere - even at home. It's hard, but i guess you get the hang of it. Allah swt helps those who strive to please Him, Alhamdulillah.

I'm happy i brought back memories :D

Comment

Originally posted by Figs View Post
                            This happened to me several times...
                            we all know the woes of uninvited guests, and relatives. :o
                            I was in my room with my sister and we had cousins come over but they were downstairs so I thought we were in privacy. Then a cousin who's close to my age opens the door and gets something for his mom....he didn't seem to notice or care but I was so shocked I yelled at him and he looked confused.
                            My sister she explained to him that I don't show my hair to cousins because they're non-mahrams and he was like 'I didn't know I wasn't a mahram.'
                            He still likes to walk in though, some people never change.
                            Lol it was funny how he said 'i didn't know i was a mahram'.

Sis keep you hijab buddy on your head at all times. We don't know when them non-mahrams will pop up cause they just love invading our privacy...

Comment

Yes sis we have the whole family jumbo living in the same street (and around) so its quite busy at days. With the niqab, yes you would have to wear it in front of your brother in law as he is counted as a non-mahram. So once you adopt it, you practically need to wear it everywhere - even at home. It's hard, but i guess you get the hang of it. Allah swt helps those who strive to please Him, Alhamdulillah.

I'm happy i brought back memories :D
                              That's cool sister, it must be really nice Masha ' Allah, I'm always saying that with family, that if we all lived in the same city/closer by, would be cool. I thought so, jazakhallahu Khairan for clarifying. I mean I don't even wear a Niqab yet, but I do want to Insha ' Allah That makes total sense, and yeah Allah S.W.T makes it easy for us :)

Haha :D Glad you're happy about that sis lool

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X