Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compromising your spouse criteria vs having trust in Allah

Assalamu 'alaykum,

People say if you expect a girl to fulfill all of your criteria you'll never get married. But on the other hand we know that nothing is impossible for Allah and we have to have hope that He'll grant us our wishes. So if for example, there's a muslimah that is "only" OK (read: nothing outstanding but acceptable enough for a spouse) deen wise and look wise, and it's below your expectations (assuming you yourself is strong in deen and good looking), and you've been looking for so long, is it unwise to think "there must be someone better, Allah will not disappoint me."? Well, of course there is istikhara, but we should use our reason and seek advice too.
    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Re: Compromising your spouse criteria vs having trust in Allah

:wswrwb:

Faith is a fascinating thing because it's always changing; it's either increasing or decreasing. Rarely is there a period of time where a muslim's faith is stagnant. With that in mind, try to find out if this girl is wanting to advance in her deen. Find out if she's satisfied with being average (which, by the way, it depends what you mean by saying that her deen is average). See where she's at. Is she content with scraping by or is she is doing things for the Lord and making progress?

Like you said, pray about this. Ask Allah azza wa jal to inform you where to take this, my dear brother.
    Last edited by drac16; 19-09-15, 03:50 AM.
    "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

My Life Started The Day I Was Stabbed || Emotional & Inspirational Story
      http://youtu.be/OCFJ9zsWcqM

This is a story of a 22 years old brother , who got stabbed while he was going to the store to get food & after that day his whole life changed. It's a guarantee if you are soft hearted you will cry watching the brother talk about his life

Comment

My Life Started The Day I Was Stabbed || Emotional & Inspirational Story
        http://youtu.be/OCFJ9zsWcqM

This is a story of a 22 years old brother , who got stabbed while he was going to the store to get food & after that day his whole life changed. It's a guarantee if you are soft hearted you will cry watching the brother talk about his life

Comment

Compromising your spouse criteria vs having trust in Allah

Wa Alaykumussalam
          Right brother really the desicion is yours
          Make Istikhaara and seek guidance from Allah S.W.T
          Ask yourself...are you happy and satisfied.
          Marriage is half of deen,lifelong so right frame of mind v.important

Think..whats important for you.
          Discuss with her through the wali r.e Deen. How have u thus far determined tjat shes moderately religious..
          Attraction can grow over time n looks not most important bt gtta be attractd in some way to spouse

Think..if u marry her will u treat her justly
          If u marry her you cant compare or think what if etc after marriage brother
          This is a desicion u have to make Insha ' Allah
          And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record�
          [al-An�aam 6:59]

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X