Sleep deprivation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep deprivation.

What's causing it? I can hardly sleep at night. I get sleepy during work and doing simple things but when its time for bed I just lay there and I cant sleep. Someone told me to write my thoughts down as they appear as it will clear my mind and help me sleep. It worked to an extent but not a lot. What should I do?
    "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Re: Sleep deprivation.

sleep apnea maybe? look into it. Maybe even hypothyroidism.

Comment

Originally posted by Tide2006 View Post
      sleep apnea maybe? look into it. Maybe even hypothyroidism.
      Isn't sleep apnea related to snoring while you're asleep? Haven't heard of hypothyroidism. I'll look into it inshallah
      "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Avoid sleeping during the day.. And wake up early. Eat healthy food, not too much junk and stay away from sugar.
        I hope that helps..
        I love you, cherish you and worship you,
        Guide me on your path to your janna,
        Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

try chamomile tea, i struggled with insomnia myself but alhamdulilah im better these days
          how much coffee do you drink akhi? that can really mess with your sleep
          Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

Originally posted by sandman123 View Post
            What's causing it? I can hardly sleep at night. I get sleepy during work and doing simple things but when its time for bed I just lay there and I cant sleep. Someone told me to write my thoughts down as they appear as it will clear my mind and help me sleep. It worked to an extent but not a lot. What should I do?

Bismillah. My advice is to prepare for bed one hour before actually sleeping. If you were just on the PC or watched the telly, then you'll still be thinking about those things.
            You have to focus on sleep. For me, I return to a recurring day dream, which with I trick my mind into believing it will manifets itself into my dreams. Which never actually happens.
            I always fall asleep before the climax of the story. And I carry on the story the next night. This has been going on for years, funny thing, the brain. But it works for me and it makes me fall asleep happily.
            Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim. (O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X