Proper way to dispose papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper way to dispose papers

I want to teach my daughter Alif Ba Ta so let's say after am done how do I dispose these? Can anyone tell me..Thank you...Can I buy a shredder and shred it then toss it out?
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Re: Proper way to dispose papers

Originally posted by AyaMikail View Post
    I want to teach my daughter Alif Ba Ta so let's say after am done how do I dispose these? Can anyone tell me..Thank you...Can I buy a shredder and shred it then toss it out?
    I was taught to bury them. But in my place, all Masajid have a small box for everyone to put in all unused Islamic materials and they do whats needed to be done.

Comment

"Alif Ba Ta"?

If you want to dispose papers that have ayas from the Quran or Allaah's names on them, the papers should be burned, cutted into pieces or buried.

http://islamqa.info/en/5390

"These papers can be put to good use by giving them to people who can benefit from them, or placing them in a library for that purpose.

If that is not possible, or the papers are not suitable for that purpose, then they may be destroyed by burning or by cutting them up so that the verses of the Qur’aan and the name of Allaah disappear, or they may be buried."
      Last edited by Muslimah_08; 23-05-15, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Get a shredder

Comment

Its not the Quran is it? its just alphabet letters?

its better to give them away so others can benefit. salaam

Comment

If it's just alphabet then we can dispose them just like we dispose any other ordinary paper, right? Only if it's verses from the Quran or names of Allaah then we have to dispose those papers by burning them, or cutting them up or burying them.

But if it's just Arabic alphabet, then it's just like any other alphabet, there's nothing "holy" about them at all.

Comment

You might wanna consider buying one of those digital notepads so you don't have to worry about disposing off paper.
              "Don't be too perfect; no one will want to talk to you. Maintain a flaw or two to keep yourself approachable." -My guide to being amazing

Comment

Thank you for the replies..Alhamdulillah now I know better...
                My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X