London, UK - Student Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London, UK - Student Loan

Do an apprenticeship, that's what il be doing inshaAllah, It's not worth purposely disobeying your Lord for the sake of this dunyah. This is your test. May Allah make it easy.

I don't know why people think so low of apprenticeships, at least you are working and going up the ladder unlike the majority of graduates who are sitting at home, unemployed, lacking experience.

No offence intended.
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 05-05-15, 10:18 PM.
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: London, UK - Student Loan

:wswrwb:

can you take a loan from family and relatives instead?

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
        Do an apprenticeship, that's what il be doing inshaAllah, It's not worth purposely disobeying your Lord for the sake of this dunyah. This is your test. May Allah make it easy.

I don't know why people think so low of apprenticeships, at least you are working and going up the ladder unlike the majority of graduates who are sitting at home, unemployed, lacking experience.

No offence intended.
        Ameeen sister, you and all the other students who avoided riba will be rewarded immensely.
        I mean wagging war with Allah, surely the is the worst thing ever
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by cho09082489 View Post
          :wswrwb:

can you take a loan from family and relatives instead?
          As long as they don't charge you Interest (riba) then yes you can.

On a side note: you would have to be the most evil person alive if you would charge your own family member interest xd

Comment

Like others said an apprenticeship would be ideal I guess.
            "Your votes may change the government but they won't change the system"

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
              Apprenticeships are not worth as much as their credited. They only allow you build up credible work experience, which when comes to a job interview it IS valuable, however having a university degree will give you that advantage over a non degree holder.

OP - I'd suggest you go and get your degree and maintain your part time job aswell.
              To avoid the riba loans (which many of us uni students have taken out) is nearly impossible unless you or your parents have the money to pay it from the onset.
              One viable route you can take it to borrow money from rich relatives or extended relatives, like a 1000 each from 9 uncles and then your set, and then to pay for travel and other expenses you can use income from your job.

There ARE viable options other than the taking the loan its just a matter of looking towards your resources.
              Also, youre more than likely to be eligible for the maintenance grant which is around 3 grand per year.
              I will give u some advice bcuz we all need advice

In this thread u post about life and how short life is and how this short life of ours is a test: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...der&highlight=

In this thread : http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ive&highlight=

U talk about death and I quote from it:
              SubhanAllah. May Allah bless our time for us, wallah we only have one life, only one chance, no one ever returns from the dead.
              What we do in this world from goodness and evil is final. No going back.

And in this thread: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...erm&highlight=

You talk about how we are here for a short term

Now my question to u is this: when u take a riba based loan to go to university do u not think or reflect on the threads u will make? You posted all those threads indicating how u care about the hereafter but do u want to face Allah knowing that you cared and spoke about to others but did not take heed of it yourself? Don't let your words be empty on yourself and remember that on Yawmul qiyamul there will be faces blackened and faces which will be lightened and full of Noor, the same way some people walk on there legs in the dunya there will be people who will walk on their face, death is a certainty and your time in your grave is long, now reflect and think if it's worth it for you to be taking an interest based loan and being told to fight Allah on the day of judgement. Reminder for me foremost but I hope inshallah u take the right path and not go and take a loan. I don't think your in university yet(?) so u still have time inshallah to cancel it

Comment

Originally posted by peras1 View Post
                I will give u some advice bcuz we all need advice

In this thread u post about life and how short life is and how this short life of ours is a test: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...der&highlight=

In this thread : http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ive&highlight=

U talk about death and I quote from it:
                SubhanAllah. May Allah bless our time for us, wallah we only have one life, only one chance, no one ever returns from the dead.
                What we do in this world from goodness and evil is final. No going back.

And in this thread: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...erm&highlight=

You talk about how we are here for a short term

Now my question to u is this: when u take a riba based loan to go to university do u not think or reflect on the threads u will make? You posted all those threads indicating how u care about the hereafter but do u want to face Allah knowing that you cared and spoke about to others but did not take heed of it yourself? Don't let your words be empty on yourself and remember that on Yawmul qiyamul there will be faces blackened and faces which will be lightened and full of Noor, the same way some people walk on there legs in the dunya there will be people who will walk on their face, death is a certainty and your time in your grave is long, now reflect and think if it's worth it for you to be taking an interest based loan and being told to fight Allah on the day of judgement. Reminder for me foremost but I hope inshallah u take the right path and not go and take a loan. I don't think your in university yet(?) so u still have time inshallah to cancel it

Let me make clear to you that whatever I do post about my thoughts about death and reflection or anything are my OWN thoughts. I do not have any concern or worry whether or not YOU think it is genuine or empty words, and I seriously don't appreciate you digging up my threads in such a provocative manner and insinuating that I am being contradictory and false.
                Instead of searching earnestly for the faults and discrepancies of others, be careful because that is a disease of the heart.
                People like yourself who do such actions, do not get far in life, nor do they gain due benefit of their time.
                Furthermore, if you so much as even read my post in full I did not advocate taking RIBA loans whatsoever so long as the brother uses other alternative means to pay of the tuition fee loan. Im only staying from a realist perspective the importance of having a university degree in the wide competitive job market that we live in.

Now, I'm generally someone who is accepting of advice and I rarely retaliate, even on here, at least not on a serious level but what angers me and what I will not tolerate is individuals like yourself who are hate mongerers, working solely to pick at one or two supposed 'indescripencies' of others in order to shame or discredit the legitimacy of another.

Comment

JazaKallah Khair for all those who responded it is very interesting to hear everybodys opinions.

My only issue is that, I cannot guarantee that I can have 9k funded to me annually for my uni fees. I want to study a type of engineering in sha Allah. Sa7 nobody wants to be at war with Allah. Subhan'Allah, I don't think anybody can get anymore stupid than that.

But with Apprenticeship you are capped off in terms of your knowledge etc. For example, from my research (not sure how accurate) If you have gone thhrough the process of apprenticeship etc. You cannot progress into a managerial role. Whereas those with degrees are able to?

JazaKallahu Khairan

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X