London, UK - Student Loan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London, UK - Student Loan

AsSalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu my brothers and sisters in Islam.

I am probably repeating the most asked question on here, but I would like to know, what are my options for university?

Bottom line is, I do not want to deal with Riba whatsoever.
    I have a part-time job at screwfix. (Thought this may be a factor which changes things)

Is there any route I can take to study engineering at University? Or shall I just take an apprenticeship?

Jazakallahu Khairan

Re: London, UK - Student Loan

Salaam

If you can get an apprenticeship then I would recommend you go for that, Riba should be avoided as much as possible.

Allahualam

Comment

Avoid riba like the plague bro. Take apprenticeship or go study uni abroad where it's cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim1415 View Post
        Salaam

If you can get an apprenticeship then I would recommend you go for that, Riba should be avoided as much as possible.

Allahualam
        Apprenticeships are not worth as much as their credited. They only allow you build up credible work experience, which when comes to a job interview it IS valuable, however having a university degree will give you that advantage over a non degree holder.

OP - I'd suggest you go and get your degree and maintain your part time job aswell.
        To avoid the riba loans (which many of us uni students have taken out) is nearly impossible unless you or your parents have the money to pay it from the onset.
        One viable route you can take it to borrow money from rich relatives or extended relatives, like a 1000 each from 9 uncles and then your set, and then to pay for travel and other expenses you can use income from your job.

There ARE viable options other than the taking the loan its just a matter of looking towards your resources.
        Also, youre more than likely to be eligible for the maintenance grant which is around 3 grand per year.

Comment

I would definitely recommend you do your best to avoid Riba brother, trust me, just search up about how bad the sin of Riba is and you will be horrified. If you still want to go Uni in a halal way then your options are to borrow the money or try and get a scholarship. Imagine how many youth are going to go to hell-fire over this riba-uni business, seems like a massive trap from Shaytan if you ask me.

I pray Allah helps you.

Allahualam.

Comment

I would definitely recommend you do your best to avoid Riba brother, trust me, just search up about how bad the sin of Riba is and you will be horrified. If you still want to go Uni in a halal way then your options are to borrow the money or try and get a scholarship. Imagine how many youth are going to go to hell-fire over this riba-uni business, seems like a massive trap from Shaytan if you ask me.

I pray Allah helps you.

Allahualam.
            Brother, you cant be so narrow-minded.

Sometimes, some people really don't have any choice.
            We NEED an education. An apprencticeship is not adequate enough, in the competitive job market of today.

Comment

What is considered riba?

If the government gives you money for being in a university, is that considered riba? Cause I consider that helping you economically.
              La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
              (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
              Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Consider an apprenticeship. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/g...pprenticeships
                Look for some kind of corporate sponsorship?
                Work for a little while then go university and work in university?
                Consider going abroad? French universities are much cheaper...

Comment

Originally posted by UmmAbdulMalik View Post
                  Brother, you cant be so narrow-minded.

Sometimes, some people really don't have any choice.
                  We NEED an education. An apprencticeship is not adequate enough, in the competitive job market of today.
                  I know how hard it is to get a job, but there is absolutely no way we should deal with Riba (Nauzubillah) in order to try and get a job. If you cant go Uni, then you should do your best to search for jobs and make Dua after you have made that effort and wait for the help of Allah to come; he is the Provider.

In case you didn't know, Riba is worse than committing Zina (there are many ahadith on this and you can see the opinion of scholars as well) so now since Riba is worse than Zina let me now ask you this, if I went to a job interview and the woman said to me "you have to commit zina with me to get the job" would you do it? im guessing most people on here would say "No" and that is the correct opinion, so seriously, how you could choose to involve yourself in Riba to get a job is absolutely ridiculous.

Riba makes you become at WAR with Allah, on the day of Judgement the Angel will go to someone who did Riba and give them a sword and tell them to go fight Allah (because they were at war with Allah when they chose to do Riba). Riba takes AWAY WEALTH, no way can it be used to justify getting a job. You are essentially saying do RIBA in order to eventually GET MONEY, that is ridiculous. Put your trust in Allah and make efforts to get a job elsewhere. Its even MORE ridiculous that you are defending such a thing when you are a Female because its not an obligation for you to get a job and to provide.

Im sorry if I went on for a bit but this is important, Riba is a major sin and we cant have people justifying it. That's terrible.

Allahualam

Comment

Originally posted by IbnCho View Post
                    AsSalaamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuhu my brothers and sisters in Islam.

I am probably repeating the most asked question on here, but I would like to know, what are my options for university?

Bottom line is, I do not want to deal with Riba whatsoever.
                    I have a part-time job at screwfix. (Thought this may be a factor which changes things)

Is there any route I can take to study engineering at University? Or shall I just take an apprenticeship?

Jazakallahu Khairan
                    Brother if you're into health and sciences why not apply for an NHS-funded course? The course is free and they provide you with a bursary to cover your living expenses. Not only would you be avoiding Riba but think of the good you will be doing the Ummah with your skills. Think about it and may Allah reward you for staying away from the evil of Riba.

Edit: Whoops! Sorry, missed the engineering part; if you like physics, maybe Radiography? Not a great help in retrospect, lol. Hope you find a way, inshaAllah!
                    Last edited by EenieMeanie; 05-05-15, 09:45 PM.
                    And when it is said to them, "Do not cause corruption on the earth," they say, "We are but reformers." (11) Unquestionably, it is they who are the corrupters, but they perceive [it] not. (12) - Surat al-Baqarah
                    http://www.ummzakiyyah.com/polygamy_not_my_problem/

Comment

I know how hard it is to get a job, but there is absolutely no way we should deal with Riba (Nauzubillah) in order to try and get a job. If you cant go Uni, then you should do your best to search for jobs and make Dua after you have made that effort and wait for the help of Allah to come; he is the Provider.

In case you didn't know, Riba is worse than committing Zina (there are many ahadith on this and you can see the opinion of scholars as well) so now since Riba is worse than Zina let me now ask you this, if I went to a job interview and the woman said to me "you have to commit zina with me to get the job" would you do it? im guessing most people on here would say "No" and that is the correct opinion, so seriously, how you could choose to involve yourself in Riba to get a job is absolutely ridiculous.

Riba makes you become at WAR with Allah, on the day of Judgement the Angel will go to someone who did Riba and give them a sword and tell them to go fight Allah (because they were at war with Allah when they chose to do Riba). Riba takes AWAY WEALTH, no way can it be used to justify getting a job. You are essentially saying do RIBA in order to eventually GET MONEY, that is ridiculous. Put your trust in Allah and make efforts to get a job elsewhere. Its even MORE ridiculous that you are defending such a thing when you are a Female because its not an obligation for you to get a job and to provide.

Im sorry if I went on for a bit but this is important, Riba is a major sin and we cant have people justifying it. That's terrible.

Allahualam
                      Jazakallah bro. Seriously Muslims nowadays try to justify the wrongs they do even to a point that a so called shiekh has said riba's allowed in the case of necessity. I'm sure you could find ways around the problem so why are we trying to find excuses to do a major sin?Riba is never ok and when you're dead a degree won't be of any worth to you.

Comment

I wouldn't dare to do riba after knowing what it entails. This worldy life. Hah. Like I'm going to indulge myself into that.

But seriously. Who in their right mind would wage war against their own Lord, Allah SWT and The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Astafirgullah.
                        I wouldn't dare, and wouldn't do it. :)
                        La ilaha illallahu, wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahul-mulku wa lahul-hamdu, wa Huwa 'ala kulli sha'in Qadir
                        (there is no true god except Allah. He is One and He has no partner with Him; His is the sovereignty and His is the praise, and He is Omnipotent),'
                        Do not say about Allah but Truth.

Comment

Lot of people are trying to justify it with haitham al haddads fatwa but saying that its not clear riba with a high need but who cares how can you even go near something like that when it could mean war with allah swt
                          [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                          [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Serinity View Post
                            I wouldn't dare to do riba after knowing what it entails. This worldy life. Hah. Like I'm going to indulge myself into that.

But seriously. Who in their right mind would wage war against their own Lord, Allah SWT and The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) Astafirgullah.
                            I wouldn't dare, and wouldn't do it. :)
                            Well apparently some people are ok with, Nauzubillah, waging war with Allah so they can get a Job. Extremely weird and dangerous logic some people have nowadays.

Comment

son?

is that you?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X