Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

:salams: does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

:jkk:
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Re: does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

Last edited by 1412; 17-09-15, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1412 View Post
      :wswrwb:

Wouldn't recommend it. I have a cousin who is a SALT and she was saying how universities have cut back on the spaces and some have stopped running the course as there are more qualified professionals than there are jobs. It's also a very white dominated profession ( since it's to do with language and speaking) and is hard to find jobs as an asian in that job.
      Hmm, anything is possible if you try, only a few unis do it.
      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Who is the king of honor?Needs help with public speech.
        Tell him start learnin' internet

Comment

does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

Never studied it but it's one of subjects I like to read about as I have a slight stutter myself. It is a good interesting field but jobs wise in the public sector it's not too good as there have been a lot of cut backs recently. I had to wait months before I could even speak to my therapist. Theres still a demand for them but the public funding is not there. It could be a good part time self employment if you are able to establish yourself as a private therapist.
          http://kondori.wordpress.com/

Like this page on FB
          HasbunAllah Wani'mal Wakeel | حسبنا الله ونعم الوكيل

Allah is Sufficient for us, and He is the Best Disposer of affairs.

"...its better to light a small candle than to curse the darkness..."

"We need to emphasise that differences of fiqh are the not the depth of religion, the depth of religion is piety." ~
          Shaykh Akram Nadwi

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj...2vbxo1_500.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
            :salams: does anyone study speech and language therapy here?

:jkk:
            Nope, but in the US jobs are growing faster than average...meaning it's in pretty good demand.
            I once considered it...but since I want to get a job elsewhere I realized it wouldn't be right for me.
            It's really good thing to study...I had speech delay when I was little, my speech therapist was really sweet and helpful.
            Wish you all the best...you could always come here as an international student :up:
            Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X