I do not know what will happen to me or you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do not know what will happen to me or you

(From a much longer narration)[do not attest righteousness to people]"... for by Allah, although i am Allah'messenger i neither know what will happen to me or to you.."
    This part of the story intrested me because it shows that even the Messenger of Allah sallaallahu alayhiwasallam didnt even feel safe that hed go to jannah (someone can correct me if im wrong but i think it was after this a verse was revealed about his rewards in jannah). but think about the fact that he, the best of creation felt like this and we, who sin day and night feel entitled to jannah, some people even demanding Allah should give them this in jannah, or we want hurs too, (lol) (ok i posted this because of that hur thread) but seriously, just think about it.
    --

Re: I do not know what will happen to me or you

Originally posted by Don't forget View Post
    (From a much longer narration)[do not attest righteousness to people]"... for by Allah, although i am Allah'messenger i neither know what will happen to me or to you.."
    This part of the story intrested me because it shows that even the Messenger of Allah sallaallahu alayhiwasallam didnt even feel safe that hed go to jannah (someone can correct me if im wrong but i think it was after this a verse was revealed about his rewards in jannah). but think about the fact that he, the best of creation felt like this and we, who sin day and night feel entitled to jannah, some people even demanding Allah should give them this in jannah, or we want hurs too, (lol) (ok i posted this because of that hur thread) but seriously, just think about it.
    Yes, I agree. But I think this is due to people basically having been spoon fed since a young age that even if muslims commits sins, "all" we have to do is burn for a while in hell and then eventually enter jannah. Therefore they are not as concerned. Being in a hell for a while is reduced to the point it sound like a petty little thing to go through. Who would even wanna spend one day in hell?

Comment

There are really people who act as though they are entitled Jannah?

I am terrified at the thought of not making it there, and that is what motivates me each day to become a better Muslim.

Comment

This is extremely pleasant and nice post...You shook posting it....Thanks a ton for posting it....!!!

Comment

Assalamo Alaikum

Being unsure is actually what keeps us on the straight path, and the cause of it is because of our fear that Allah might punish us. If we were to be certain that we're 100% going to paradise, then that would open loop-holes for shaytan to try to deceive us. He'd tell us to do less, that Allah forgives anything, anytime, without conditions, because we'll end up in paradise anyway, so why not take it easy and wait for the time to come. And once you lay down on everything, eventually you'll lay down on your prayers, your fasting and the rest that comes with the religion. Little by little, shaytan and your ego would deceive you and lead you to the fire.

We hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Give Allah reasons to forgive you by doing good deeds. The Prophet sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) said: “If a person relieves a Muslim of his trouble, Allaah will relieve him of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection.”. Even if it so happens that on the day of Judgement you are out of deeds, then maybe Allah will forgive you for the small effort you put into relieving the trouble of your brother. No deed is small.

Narrated 'Adi bin Hatim heard the Prophet saying: "Save yourself from Hell-fire even by giving half a date-fruit in charity.". Something as small as a date-fruit could be your gate to paradise, as long as it is done with sincerety and seeking the pleasure of Allah.

And we should not be altogether hopeless, as long as we're muslims. Only the disbelievers are hopeless in the mercy of Allah.

"O my sons! Go you and enquire about Yusuf (Joseph) and his brother, and never give up hope of Allah's mercy. Certainly no one despairs of Allah's mercy, except the people who disbelieve."
          (Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #87)

And remember, that we do not enter paradise because of our deeds, but because of the mercy of Allah.

Imam Al-Bukhari narrated in his Sahih, that Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) said:

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "No one of you will be saved because of his deeds."

They (the companions) said: "Not even you, O Messenger of Allah?"

He said: "Not even me, unless Allah bestows mercy upon me. So do good deeds properly, sincerely and moderately, and worship Allah in the forenoon and in the afternoon and during a part of the night, and adopt a moderate course, adopt a moderate course (he said it twice) whereby you will reach your target (Paradise)."

Peace

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X