Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rajab is here - and no mention?

Assalamalaikum,

The sacred month of Rajab is now upon us, one of the greatest months in our calendar. I'm surprised not to have seen any threads about it on the forum, unless I missed it completely in which case I apologise.

Here is a reminder of the virtues of Rajab, as our preparation for Ramadan should really begin now (or should already have begun) and not 2 nights before the first of Ramadan

http://www.virtualmosque.com/islam-s...onth-of-rajab/

Re: Rajab is here - and no mention?

Rajab isn't until November, no?
    Rajab is Allah's month.
    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
      Assalamalaikum,

The sacred month of Rajab is now upon us, one of the greatest months in our calendar. I'm surprised not to have seen any threads about it on the forum, unless I missed it completely in which case I apologise.

Here is a reminder of the virtues of Rajab, as our preparation for Ramadan should really begin now (or should already have begun) and not 2 nights before the first of Ramadan

http://www.virtualmosque.com/islam-s...onth-of-rajab/
      wa alaykumus salaam,

I doubt most people were even aware of the new month, we go on throughout the year and we don't have a clue when one islamic month starts and another begins, but come Ramadhan and we'll be doing battle and all of a sudden all becoming experts on the topic of moon sightings and the various different methodologies on this.
      FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiro View Post
        Rajab isn't until November, no?
        Rajab is Allah's month.
        Brother,

Rajab starts 2 months before Ramadan. It starts today (give or take a day - please no astronomical arguments)

Comment

Rajab is here - and no mention?

:wswrwb:

Today is the first day of Rajab.

The Merits of Rajab

By the bounty of Allah we have entered the blessed month of Rajab. Rajab is one of the four sacred months. It stands alone, unlike the other three which come one after the other.

The Prophet ﷺ said: “Rajab is the month of Allah, Sha`ban is my month, and Ramadan is the month of my Ummah.”

The fact that it is the month of Allah means that it is worthy of veneration, and the Messenger of Allāh ﷺ himself would venerate it.

When the month entered he would seek its blessings, saying:

اللَّهُمَّ بَارِكْ لَنَا في رَجَبٍ وَ شَعْبَانَ وَ بَلِّغْنا رَمَضَانَ

“O Allah bless us in Rajab and Sha`ban and enable us to reach Ramadan!”
          The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
            Brother,

Rajab starts 2 months before Ramadan. It starts today (give or take a day - please no astronomical arguments)
            Oh sorry, when I convert my birthday to Hijri calender. I get Rajab so I thought it was in November lol
            https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

:jkk:

I want to get fit and healthy before Ramadan :insha: I want to prepare myself as I noticed last year I struggles feeling tired all the time and this effected my concentration.
              'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

There is no authentic ḥadīth from the Prophet ﷺ concerning Rajab, and it is not prescribed to specify it with worship like prayer or fasting. However, it is among the sacred months, and sin in it is greater: “So do not wrong yourselves therein.” [9:36]

Shaykh al-Tarīfī
                http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

What are the virtues of Rajab?

Comment

I knew about fasting in Shaban. Didn't know about Rajab. Is this the month in which miraj took place?

Comment

Originally posted by umm salabil View Post

What are the virtues of Rajab?
                      Salaam Sister,

Here are a few mentioned in the article below, and yes you are correct it is the month in which the Miraj took place

http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2011/...onth-of-rajab/

Comment

Thanks for this thread
                        How merciful Allah on me by giving me respite,and I persist in my sins and Allah shields me :crying2:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X