I wish my teacher knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish my teacher knew

From Washington Postto this story by ABC News, Schwartz, who teachers at Doull Elementary School, said:
    She allowed students to write anonymously but found that most wanted to include their name and even share it with the class. She said: #IWishMyTeacherKnew, and she urged other teachers to do the same thing. Here are some of the tweets posted by Schwartz as well as others.

CCvNdZGUUAApoRj.jpg

CCwekV8UgAA3fY-.jpg

CCvKokrW0AAnhyQ.jpg

27A5713C00000578-3042711-image-a-3_1429225004154.jpg

Re: I wish my teacher knew

:salams

This is really touching. Those posts can bring tears to ones eyes so easily.

Makes us realize how grateful we should be for everything. People in this world suffer from things we take for granted. Allahu akbar.

Al hamdu li Allah for everything.

Jazaaki Allah khair sister, beautiful post.

Comment

That's so sad, poor kids.

Comment

I remember this in my homeland. We used to write on a single paper sheet, then wipe the text out with a rubber and use the sheet over and over again, until it went completely uneditable. And we use to repeat this because of the lack of paper. We had to share the same rubber, the same ruler and the same beating. But it is something worthy of memory, and I feel very touched by those children who're in the same situation. How hard is it for the world to give every child the tool they need to read and write? Other than colonialism, what force has kept these poor ones from learning?

Comment

Made me cry reading about the kid missing his dad and the one who has no friend to play with. So sad. Poor lil ones.

Comment

mashallah I really loved the boy who said he loved his teacher. (video)
            I want your reflections on THIS Thread, please post!
            Abandon rebellion, for knowledge is a light - And the light of Allah is not bestowed upon a rebel." [video]

Comment

Aww :(
              The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Anonymous? It would take the teacher at most 10 minutes to match up the notes with previous texts written by the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by quark View Post
                  Anonymous? It would take the teacher at most 10 minutes to match up the notes with previous texts written by the kids.
                  I'd assume she wouldn't indulge in this given her motivations for the exercise to begin with. The anonymity is clearly more to encourage the child to feel that they can be honest anyway.

Comment

This is heartbreaking...
                    I love you, cherish you and worship you,
                    Guide me on your path to your janna,
                    Unite me beside you My King and all mighty,

:love:Allah:love:

Comment

thats sad

wish i could help those kids
                      Believe
                      there is
                      good in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Rezgar View Post
                        I remember this in my homeland. We used to write on a single paper sheet, then wipe the text out with a rubber and use the sheet over and over again, until it went completely uneditable. And we use to repeat this because of the lack of paper. We had to share the same rubber, the same ruler and the same beating. But it is something worthy of memory, and I feel very touched by those children who're in the same situation. How hard is it for the world to give every child the tool they need to read and write? Other than colonialism, what force has kept these poor ones from learning?
                        These note are from primacy school children in America.

Comment

It's really sad the way children are treated these days. Many of my sons friends come to school with no breakfast, and a small snack. They're always hungry and asking him for food.

I read somewhere that in some schools the teachers give the children breakfast out of their own pockets.

If the so called richer nations spent more time and money looking after their own people and less time killing other people their kids would have a better life.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X