Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for reverts! the first moment Allah opened your eyes SubhanAllah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for reverts! the first moment Allah opened your eyes SubhanAllah!

BismAllah AlRahmanir rahim Assalamu alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa barakatouh. Brothers and sisters, please share the glorious moment you were reverted to Islam Alhamdulilah. For me Allah swt revealed himself in all his mercy and power about three years ago. I was raised Catholic and after having a near death experience I lost all of my faith. One night a dark shape that looked like a torn sheet of black material woke me from my sleep and took all my faith in god as I knew him, for a year I believed there was no god. Then one night I remembered my days as a worker in a halal slaughter house and how I had talked with the slaughter men about Islam. So while sitting in my bedroom I decided to Google the holy Qur'an and began reading its blessed Page's. Immediately I burst into tears as I felt Allah's love for me wash my soul clean Alhamdulilah, so I googled "how to become Muslim and made my shahada in the shower, my thirst for knowledge on all things Islamic began and now Alhamdulilah I am Muslim Allahu Akbar LA ilaha ilAllah Muhammad rasool Allah
    BismAllah. Slave of Allah swt forever Forever a slave of Allah swt

Re: for reverts! the first moment Allah opened your eyes SubhanAllah!

Not a revert , but :masha: that was lovely to read.

:jkk:

*subscribed*

:wswrwb:
    O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
      Not a revert , but :masha: that was lovely to read.

:jkk:

*subscribed*

:wswrwb:
      BismAllah. Shukran sis, I should have titled it for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur al Rahman View Post
        BismAllah. Shukran sis, I should have titled it for everyone!
        No problem, on ummah forum, only a few of us follow the rules :/ so I doubt your title will keep us non-reverts out. Lol.
        O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

My story is pretty long..and I've written it a lot I'm burned out on sharing the whole story lol

But I reverted for the 2nd time in April of last year. I planned the day, and I only told one sister, and I sat anxiously while holding the paper I wrote the shahada on. I was nervous because I knew my life would change forever, and the first time I reverted I didn't get that feeling. So I knew this time it would stick, that it would be different, and I wouldn't leave Islam for anyone or because of whispers from shaytan. I practiced saying the words in Arabic so I wouldn't mess up when it was time to officially say it. After 10 times of reading it over and over I decided to say it, and I did and I felt the weight lift off my shoulders. I wasn't emotional, I didn't burst into tears or anything, I just felt calm. Felt like I was returning home after spending so much time away. I will admit there was a tiny bit of nervousness I was feeling but it was mostly because I knew there would be a time where I'd have to tell my parents. But the calmness was more prevalent than the nervousness I was feeling.

That's my "moment of reversion" story :)

Comment

Originally posted by *sheba* View Post
            No problem, on ummah forum, only a few of us follow the rules :/ so I doubt your title will keep us non-reverts out. Lol.
            BismAllah lol that's great to know :)

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
              My story is pretty long..and I've written it a lot I'm burned out on sharing the whole story lol

But I reverted for the 2nd time in April of last year. I planned the day, and I only told one sister, and I sat anxiously while holding the paper I wrote the shahada on. I was nervous because I knew my life would change forever, and the first time I reverted I didn't get that feeling. So I knew this time it would stick, that it would be different, and I wouldn't leave Islam for anyone or because of whispers from shaytan. I practiced saying the words in Arabic so I wouldn't mess up when it was time to officially say it. After 10 times of reading it over and over I decided to say it, and I did and I felt the weight lift off my shoulders. I wasn't emotional, I didn't burst into tears or anything, I just felt calm. Felt like I was returning home after spending so much time away. I will admit there was a tiny bit of nervousness I was feeling but it was mostly because I knew there would be a time where I'd have to tell my parents. But the calmness was more prevalent than the nervousness I was feeling.

That's my "moment of reversion" story :)
              BismAllah. SubhanAllah ukhti I think its wonderful. Thank you for sharing. My family think I'm crazy, and my wife was scared off Islam because I pushed it on her and our kids. She believes in the oneness of Allah but has not reverted. We have 7 kids one of them, our daughter Emma drowned six months after I reverted it was heart breaking but it strengthened my faith in Allah Alhamdulilah.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur al Rahman View Post
                BismAllah. SubhanAllah ukhti I think its wonderful. Thank you for sharing. My family think I'm crazy, and my wife was scared off Islam because I pushed it on her and our kids. She believes in the oneness of Allah but has not reverted. We have 7 kids one of them, our daughter Emma drowned six months after I reverted it was heart breaking but it strengthened my faith in Allah Alhamdulilah.
                Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

So sorry about your daughter.

Comment

:salams

I fell in love with Allah. His affirmation of natural knowledge, while also His berating of those who think the keys of life can always be found by natural means (science, philosophy, secular humanism, etc). Allah azza wa jal did not destroy any nation for thinking too much-- rather, He destroyed them for not using their God-given minds and fitra to come to ascertain higher truths. That's why, in the Qur'an, He always says "Do you not reflect?", "Will you not see?", "Will you not examine evidence that's put before you?" and other things to that effect.

You see, consicousness of Allah is something that is beyond the five senses (sound, sight, touch, smell and taste). That's why, when someone is reverted to our faith, it is a miracle in every sense of the word. The nafs [soul] is immortal and was put there by Allah, so in order to cleanse the soul of its accumulated tar and acertain the truth about God, His ordinances, His character, His oneness and so forth, a direct experience with Allah is required. It cannot happen by you trying to be good enough; and that's something the atheists, the agnostics and the phony religious people don't understand. Where there is a genuine conversion, there is a transformation of the heart. God's got everything to do with it.

I was an atheist before I became a muslim. I now know, although I didn't at the time, that all you're going to get by using material means is material truths. God's not hiding under a rock somewhere-- it's not a matter of being scientifically advanced enough. By using the gifts of reason you've been given along with sincerity, the spiritual heart begins to move. When that movement comes, Allah is only inches away.

So that's how Allah azza wa jal lifted me out of the pit I was falling into. I tried reading through the Qur'an so as to find stuff to refute it, but I couldn't do it.
                  "Wert thou to follow the common run of those on earth, they will lead thee away from the way of Allah. They follow nothing but conjecture: they do nothing but lie." (surah 6:116)

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un

So sorry about your daughter.
                    BismAllah. JazakAllah khair. She is with Allah swt now Alhamdulilah
                    What comes from Allah returns to Allah Allahu akbar

Comment

Originally posted by drac16 View Post
                      :salams

I fell in love with Allah. His affirmation of natural knowledge, while also His berating of those who think the keys of life can always be found by natural means (science, philosophy, secular humanism, etc). Allah azza wa jal did not destroy any nation for thinking too much-- rather, He destroyed them for not using their God-given minds and fitra to come to ascertain higher truths. That's why, in the Qur'an, He always says "Do you not reflect?", "Will you not see?", "Will you not examine evidence that's put before you?" and other things to that effect.

You see, consicousness of Allah is something that is beyond the five senses (sound, sight, touch, smell and taste). That's why, when someone is reverted to our faith, it is a miracle in every sense of the word. The nafs [soul] is immortal and was put there by Allah, so in order to cleanse the soul of its accumulated tar and acertain the truth about God, His ordinances, His character, His oneness and so forth, a direct experience with Allah is required. It cannot happen by you trying to be good enough; and that's something the atheists, the agnostics and the phony religious people don't understand. Where there is a genuine conversion, there is a transformation of the heart. God's got everything to do with it.

I was an atheist before I became a muslim. I now know, although I didn't at the time, that all you're going to get by using material means is material truths. God's not hiding under a rock somewhere-- it's not a matter of being scientifically advanced enough. By using the gifts of reason you've been given along with sincerity, the spiritual heart begins to move. When that movement comes, Allah is only inches away.

So that's how Allah azza wa jal lifted me out of the pit I was falling into. I tried reading through the Qur'an so as to find stuff to refute it, but I couldn't do it.
                      BismAllah. MashAllah akhi that is amazing and such a perfect truth I am so happy for your reversion

Comment

Wa aleiykum assalaam,
                        When my teacher made me do a paper on 'what do i believe in' i realised i didnt know God. i went learning more about christianity because that was the most obvious choice, because i was baptised.
                        i started going to church and reading the bible. it was in church when i realised that christianity is wrong. i read that pig meat is forbidden and that we should wear a hijab...
                        I left church and i went on searching for the true religion of God... Not what we made from it, but the word of God.

I found islam, and i was pretty scared of islam.. but i couldnt deny the thruth, as i watched videos on youtube about the miracles of islam and the miracles of the Holy Qur'an, i cried, i had found the perfect religion...
                        Alhamdulillah, i am really happy to be a muslimah
                        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                          Wa aleiykum assalaam,
                          When my teacher made me do a paper on 'what do i believe in' i realised i didnt know God. i went learning more about christianity because that was the most obvious choice, because i was baptised.
                          i started going to church and reading the bible. it was in church when i realised that christianity is wrong. i read that pig meat is forbidden and that we should wear a hijab...
                          I left church and i went on searching for the true religion of God... Not what we made from it, but the word of God.

I found islam, and i was pretty scared of islam.. but i couldnt deny the thruth, as i watched videos on youtube about the miracles of islam and the miracles of the Holy Qur'an, i cried, i had found the perfect religion...
                          Alhamdulillah, i am really happy to be a muslimah
                          BismAllah. SubhanAllah ukhti I'm so happy for you! That's a great story, Christianity is flawed because it comes from man and man is imperfect. Islam comes directly from Allah therefore Islam is perfect Allahu Akbar.

Comment

asalaamu alykum. When i repented and became practising, i found a calmness i've never found before. It's the type you're finding in love but never get (because love in dunya is always filled with pain). Anyway my biggest advice to anyone newly practising after sincere repentance is - make your biggest wish to Allah then. And it will come true because you're free from sin. :) It worked for me.
                            visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

Originally posted by @nda View Post
                              asalaamu alykum. When i repented and became practising, i found a calmness i've never found before. It's the type you're finding in love but never get (because love in dunya is always filled with pain). Anyway my biggest advice to anyone newly practising after sincere repentance is - make your biggest wish to Allah then. And it will come true because you're free from sin. :) It worked for me.
                              BismAllah. Sounds like great advice congratulations Akhi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X