Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick question

    I didn't get an answer last time so I'm asking again but gonna make this as short and straight to the point as possible. Please don't ignore :(

    In my job I have an hour to clean a shop. Now let's say a few seconds or minutes get wasted chatting to other employees, or something else unrelated to the job. Or I do things slowly. Does this affect earnings whatsoever. Bear in mind I can't just use the excuse that as long as I get the tasks done it doesn't matter, because there is ALWAYS something to do. I'm only there for an hour and I need to get done as much as possible.

    This wouldn't apply to a cashier for example, because you're paid to simply carry out transactions so it doesn't matter if you spend a few minutes relaxing when there's no customers. You're not deviating from your work in any way.


    Sorry if this sounds confusing it's hard to put in words. I'm fed up of this job because of the paranoia it's causing me :/

    Edit: scroll down to post #4 for a better explanation

    JazakAllah khair.
    Last edited by triumphant; 17-11-14, 02:44 AM.
    How to safeguard your Iman
    No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

  • #2
    Re: Quick question

    :salams:

    Can you do two things at once?

    Basically scrub the floor as well as motor the mouth. I tried it and it is quite difficult because I have to use my hands and wave them when I'm talking you see.

    If I were you I would not worry, as long as you get everything done. If there was something left unclean due to me talking I would spend a few more minutes to clean that and then leave work.

    Hope that was helpful?
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

    So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Quick question

      -delete-
      Last edited by triumphant; 16-11-14, 10:07 PM.
      How to safeguard your Iman
      No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Quick question

        Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
        :salams:

        Can you do two things at once?

        Basically scrub the floor as well as motor the mouth. I tried it and it is quite difficult because I have to use my hands and wave them when I'm talking you see.

        If I were you I would not worry, as long as you get everything done. If there was something left unclean due to me talking I would spend a few more minutes to clean that and then leave work.

        Hope that was helpful?
        Wa alaikum assalam

        any contribution to the thread is helpful

        "As long as you get everything done" if I get something done I have to move on to something else. There are an abundance of tasks and I'm only there for an hour so I'm continuously cleaning, and supposed to get as much done as I can. That's why I'm concerned, I feel like every single moment of that hour I have to be cleaning or else my earning is haram :/ another consequence of having no 'set' tasks to do and being told I have to be constantly cleaning is that I don't know what pace I'm meant to be working at, so if I do things slow (because I'm tired for example) I also get paranoid my earning is haram as perhaps more tasks could have been completed that day. Apologies I know this is confusing lol

        I would bring this up with my employer but a) he'd think I'm a nutter b) English isn't his first language so it would be really hard to explain things.

        Another thing I wanna know is does killing insects affect my earnings? Cause I sometimes come across spider webs/little bugs that I hoover up
        Last edited by triumphant; 16-11-14, 10:16 PM.
        How to safeguard your Iman
        No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Quick question

          In my opinion, I don't think it matters that you talk a short while and do your one hour work. It only begins to matter if the employer notices that you have been ineffective in cleaning the shop.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Quick question

            Its good that you are giving consderation to these things, but I wouldnt worry too mch about a "few seconds", simply because that type of thinking will drive you to high levels of paranoia, like you mention.

            And you could always make that time up anyway - just work 5 extra miinutes at the end of every shift to compensate.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Quick question

              Originally posted by lunar View Post
              In my opinion, I don't think it matters that you talk a short while and do your one hour work. It only begins to matter if the employer notices that you have been ineffective in cleaning the shop.
              I personally think I'm doing a good job and do things as diligently I can. I avoid speaking to anyone now and don't even look up if I'm sweeping the floor for example. That's how extreme I'm being to try and curb this paranoia.. but it's still not working. Little things still keep concerning me
              How to safeguard your Iman
              No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Quick question

                Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                Its good that you are giving consderation to these things, but I wouldnt worry too mch about a "few seconds", simply because that type of thinking will drive you to high levels of paranoia, like you mention.

                And you could always make that time up anyway - just work 5 extra miinutes at the end of every shift to compensate.
                would it be islamically acceptable to do this though? because I'm meant to be fulfilling my duties only within this hour in order to receive my salary.. if you get what I mean
                How to safeguard your Iman
                No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Quick question

                  I really appreciate the replies guys :jkk:
                  How to safeguard your Iman
                  No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Quick question

                    Originally posted by triumphant View Post
                    would it be islamically acceptable to do this though? because I'm meant to be fulfilling my duties only within this hour in order to receive my salary.. if you get what I mean
                    I dont know the "official line" on this, but my point is that you will be getting paid for a full hours work only, even if it takes you 1 hour and 5 minutes to do it. So you are not cheating anyone as far as I can tell. Quite the opposite - you are actually making up any time you took away from the employer.

                    Please relax.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Quick question

                      Originally posted by SimpleTraveller View Post
                      I dont know the "official line" on this, but my point is that you will be getting paid for a full hours work only, even if it takes you 1 hour and 5 minutes to do it. So you are not cheating anyone as far as I can tell. Quite the opposite - you are actually making up any time you took away from the employer.

                      Please relax.
                      Ah ok, thank you :) and lol.
                      How to safeguard your Iman
                      No PMs/wall messages/rep comments from sisters please :jkk:

                      Comment

                      Collapse

                      Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                      Working...
                      X