Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

learning how to pray but which madhhab do I follow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning how to pray but which madhhab do I follow ?

Assalaamu alaykum,

I am currently learning how to pray but I have come to realise that in some ways each madhhab pray adifferently.
    Currently I do not have a mosque near me so I am learning everything from books and online (the books I have are from saudi arabia).

Which madhhab should I follow when it comes to praying? and should I also stick to the same madhhab then it comes to everything else? Some advice please.

Thank you

Re: learning how to pray but which madhhab do I follow ?

Wa alaikum asalam.
    How far is your nearest mosque? / Where do you reside roughly?
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

2 hrs drive. In Victoria, Australia.

Comment

Alex mah bro, welcome to islam and may allah make you steadfast.

Alex islam was taught to us by the best teacher our prophet muhammad peace be upon him. He has taught us everything pertaining to worship, living life,property etc etc.

here are some propheting sayings and actions of salah. But its better if you learn it from a shaykh or teacher.
        about madhabs : http://islamqa.info/en/21420
        about salah/prayer:

Warning too long:
        http://islamqa.info/en/13340
        Last edited by Anti-Mage; 15-11-14, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Are you sure there isn't a mosque nearer to you because that's quite shocking... Can't you email your nearest mosque or something so they can send you some legit sources of information? I would just always be careful where you get your information from...
          [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Don't worry about madhabs too much.

Follow the quran and sunnah.

Focus on 5 pillars of islam.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Muslim View Post
              2 hrs drive. In Victoria, Australia.
              So far ?

there are so less Muslims in Australia ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex Muslim View Post
                Assalaamu alaykum,

I am currently learning how to pray but I have come to realise that in some ways each madhhab pray adifferently.
                Currently I do not have a mosque near me so I am learning everything from books and online (the books I have are from saudi arabia).

Which madhhab should I follow when it comes to praying? and should I also stick to the same madhhab then it comes to everything else? Some advice please.

Thank you
                :salams

If you can't learn from a teacher, I suggest you learn online from teachers.

Check out http://seekersguidance.org/home/courses

They have basic classes and it's based on Hanafi maddhab. Plus, you can find books on Hanafi fiqh online available in English as well.

As for salaah: See this video (this is based on Hanafi maddhab, as well)
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X