Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intentionally sinning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Intentionally sinning

    Is intentionally sinning kufr?
    Because you know you are disobeying/will disobey Allah.

  • #2
    Re: Intentionally sinning

    It is sin.

    Denying Allah ( swt ) is kufr , disobeying is sin.

    Comment


    • #3
      Depends on the sin.

      If it's something like alcohol or zina ...then you are doing kufr only while doing the act. Afterwards you become Muslim.

      If it's something like zakah... then no...you aren't doing kufr.

      If it's shirk.. then yes, under any circumstances.

      If it's missing prayers, then ikhthilaaf, but the correct opinion is that it's minor kufr and you don't become murtad.

      If it's ruling by man-made law, then ikthilaaf, but the correct opinion seems to be it's kufr in most circumstances.

      And remember ...there is a difference between intentionally sinning but not knowing it's a sin....and then intentionally sinning AND considering it permissible. The later is worse than the former in most circumstances.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Intentionally sinning

        Originally posted by Imaam View Post

        If it's something like alcohol or zina ...then you are doing kufr only while doing the act. Afterwards you become Muslim.
        .

        what happens if someone dies in that state ?

        Will he be considered as Kafir ?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Bismil View Post

          what happens if someone dies in that state ?

          Will he be considered as Kafir ?
          Allah knows best... I think yes, he will die a nonbeliever.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Intentionally sinning

            Originally posted by Imaam View Post
            Allah knows best... I think yes, he will die a nonbeliever.
            That is interesting,


            You look at this hadeeth


            Narrated Abu-Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him);

            ‘The Prophet (SAWS) said: “Avoid the seven great destructive sins.” The people enquired; ‘O Allah’s Messenger! What are they?’ The Prophet (SAWS) said: To join others in worship along with Allah, to practise sorcery, to kill the life that Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law), to eat up usury, to eat up the orphan’s wealth, to show one’s back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse the chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.”


            Those sins , not included here.

            I know scholars have extended the list to 70 sins, but still from knowledge point of interesting point to ponder over ? Do you agree ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Bismil View Post

              That is interesting,


              You look at this hadeeth


              Narrated Abu-Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him);

              ‘The Prophet (SAWS) said: “Avoid the seven great destructive sins.” The people enquired; ‘O Allah’s Messenger! What are they?’ The Prophet (SAWS) said: To join others in worship along with Allah, to practise sorcery, to kill the life that Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law), to eat up usury, to eat up the orphan’s wealth, to show one’s back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse the chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.”


              Those sins , not included here.

              I know scholars have extended the list to 70 sins, but still from knowledge point of interesting point to ponder over ? Do you agree ?
              Al-Bukhaari narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No adulterer is a believer at the time when he is committing adultery; no thief is a believer at the time when he is stealing; no drinker of wine is a believer at the time when he is drinking it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5578) and Muslim (57).

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Intentionally sinning

                Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                That is interesting,


                You look at this hadeeth


                Narrated Abu-Huraira (may Allah be pleased with him);

                ‘The Prophet (SAWS) said: “Avoid the seven great destructive sins.” The people enquired; ‘O Allah’s Messenger! What are they?’ The Prophet (SAWS) said: To join others in worship along with Allah, to practise sorcery, to kill the life that Allah has forbidden except for a just cause (according to Islamic law), to eat up usury, to eat up the orphan’s wealth, to show one’s back to the enemy and fleeing from the battlefield at the time of fighting, and to accuse the chaste women, who never even think of anything touching chastity and are good believers.”


                Those sins , not included here.

                I know scholars have extended the list to 70 sins, but still from knowledge point of interesting point to ponder over ? Do you agree ?
                Salam

                Very valuable information, thank you for sharing

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Intentionally sinning

                  Originally posted by Imaam View Post
                  Al-Bukhaari narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “No adulterer is a believer at the time when he is committing adultery; no thief is a believer at the time when he is stealing; no drinker of wine is a believer at the time when he is drinking it.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5578) and Muslim (57).
                  That means that a person who is involved in major sins do not have Iman while doing the act.

                  very interesting points.

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X