a lil story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a lil story

Raya froze, staring in shock at her newly wedded husband. A man she did not recognise.
    she felt the blood drain from her body as her mind began racing and her heart beating faster by the second.
    Her disgust was apparent on her face as she watched in silence as her husband was verbally abusing his mother; calling the poor old lady every name under the sun in front of an ever gathering crowd, curious to see what was happening.
    Raya wished she could speak up, but she knew that would be 'inappropriate'
    but this man that was standing in front of her she did not recognise at all. It was as if another person had took over. Where was the polite person who smiled and appeared shy at their wedding arrangement meetings? Where was the well-mannered, well behaved person?
    It had dawned upon Raya that this person who was in front of her eyes WAS the real person. She felt like running away.
    but where to?
    She had just married in a foreign country to a total stranger.
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Re: a lil story

Not bad
    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

I hope that wasn't about yourself or someone you know

Comment

Originally posted by candyapple View Post
        Raya froze, staring in shock at her newly wedded husband. A man she did not recognise.
        she felt the blood drain from her body as her mind began racing and her heart beating faster by the second.
        Her disgust was apparent on her face as she watched in silence as her husband was verbally abusing his mother; calling the poor old lady every name under the sun in front of an ever gathering crowd, curious to see what was happening.
        Raya wished she could speak up, but she knew that would be 'inappropriate'
        but this man that was standing in front of her she did not recognise at all. It was as if another person had took over. Where was the polite person who smiled and appeared shy at their wedding arrangement meetings? Where was the well-mannered, well behaved person?
        It had dawned upon Raya that this person who was in front of her eyes WAS the real person. She felt like running away.
        but where to?
        She had just married in a foreign country to a total stranger.
        To be honest, if this is fictional, then I really dislike it. There are already a lot of troubling enough things going on in the world and the story described is a very tragic and unfortunate story which brings a lot of sorrow.

PS: Please note, that I will be in a very bad mood for about a week, so it might sound like a rant, please forgive me.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X