The act of Matam on Ashura

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The act of Matam on Ashura

Does anybody know for sure what it signifies?

I heard that it was done by the Iraqis that betrayed Husain ra out of guilt. Though I find this quite hard to believe and doesn't make sense.

One thing is for sure, if they're tough enough to do this to themselves (for whatever reason) I'd hate to think of the damage they could do to others?

Seriously, I'm interested in finding out the facts ...not anti-shia comments or links to any youtube stupidity!

Re: The act of Matam on Ashura

they believe they are being noble in their intentions and mourning/grieving for the injustice done to Imam Hussain RA by inflicting pain on themselves like the pain that was inflicted on imam Hussain RA.

when it would be better if they just donated the blood to somebody needy rather than cutting themselves up and causing problems for others.

Comment

Perhaps it's an act of self sacrifice.
      In the same way Ibrahim saw went to sacrifice his son for Allah swt.

Maybe they are ready & willing to sacrifice themselves for Allah swt in the name of Husain ra and Islam?

Comment

It's a biddah started by shias.

Shias are the ones who killed the family of the prophet (salalahu alaiyhi salam) so ironically they beat themselves eternally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmed2013 View Post
          It's a biddah started by shias.

Shias are the ones who killed the family of the prophet (salalahu alaiyhi salam) so ironically they beat themselves eternally.
          Lol Brother. Perhaps Yazid ibn Muawiya, Ibn Ziad, Shimr and Amr Saad were just handing out flowers to Husain ra and his family at Karbala?

Respectful reminder 'Seriously, I'm interested in finding out the facts ...not anti-shia comments or links to any youtube stupidity!'

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamed View Post

I heard that it was done by the Iraqis that betrayed Husain ra out of guilt. Though I find this quite hard to believe and doesn't make sense.

One thing is for sure, if they're tough enough to do this to themselves (for whatever reason) I'd hate to think of the damage they could do to others?

Seriously, I'm interested in finding out the facts ...not anti-shia comments or links to any youtube stupidity!

What they do is wrong . This is not right way to mourn.

Why they do? The answer is simple , someone may have started it and it continued . Its is just an innovation.

A lot of sects do follow innovations to some extent.

Also , as far my personal knowledge is , in south asian countries , many sunnis do that after been paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
              What they do is wrong . This is not right way to mourn.

Why they do? The answer is simple , someone may have started it and it continued . Its is just an innovation.

A lot of sects do follow innovations to some extent.

Also , as far my personal knowledge is , in south asian countries , many sunnis do that after been paid.

JZK so what is the best way to mourn the death of the Prophets saw beloved grandson' and his family?

I agree, there are a lot of innovations in ALL our sects, but some are for a good reason and others for bad.

Lol pay day has that effect on all of us ...is this a good or bad innovation I wonder!

Comment

Did you even know the ones who fought muawiya turned on Ali (radiallahu anhu)? They were the khawarij. It's not 'anti-shia' propaganda.

Shias are the ones that have propaganda.

Ever hear of their 'hadith' which was narrated by Ali's horse lol? Yeah... one of many stupid Al-Kafi narrations.

Comment

Originally posted by Usernamed View Post

What is matam !? Do you mean simple mourning or something else. I think I have heard of it from Pakistanians.

Comment

Matam is a day shias beat themselves, cut themselves and others, wail, cry out of control to 'mourn' the death of hassan (radiallahu anhu), hussein (radiallahu anhu), etc...

Just google images or youtube and you'll see.

Comment

Ever hear of their 'hadith' which was narrated by Ali's horse lol? Yeah... one of many stupid Al-Kafi narrations.
                      Lol soooo funny.

Although, perhaps you might want to take a closer look at Prophet Suleman saw as I believe Allah swt blessed him with the ability to have conversations with many creatures. Or perhaps you don't believe in that part of the quran?

Oh and there are hadiths from both Imams Muslim & Bukhari that relate to inanimate objects speaking to the Prophets saw. But I don't suppose you believe in them either?

Comment

You never read about al-kafi shia hadiths?

They have all kinds of fabricated non-sense. The one in particular was Ali's horse narrating that Ali (radiallahu anhu) would regularly curse Umar ibn Al Khattab (radiallahu anhu)

You got yourself all mixed up. Suleiman (alaiyhi salam) was gifted this from Allah, but shias are liars and fabricated stories to validate their made up beliefs.

Comment

Here's how muslims fast for ashura vs how shias 'celebrate' matam:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...7711d6885ab9c7

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mattam

https://www.google.com/search?site=&...ttam&oq=mattam

Youtube search and google image search, be warned, very graphic and brutal self inflicted violence

Comment

Matam is a day shias beat themselves, cut themselves and others, wail, cry out of control to 'mourn' the death of hassan (radiallahu anhu), hussein (radiallahu anhu), etc...

Just google images or youtube and you'll see.

Lol Soooo funny again!!!

Maybe you forgot about the following....

In the Quran, it says that Sarah, wife of Prophet Abraham hit her face in grief when being told that she would have a child being aged and barren.

There was also Owais al-Qarni who was a companion of the Prophet saw at the battle of Ohud. Who apon hearing that the Prophet had been hurt and had lost some teeth, broke his own teeth in grief. Although the Prophet did not denounce or criticise Owais for doing so.

After the same battle, the Prophet saw established a period of mourning, grieving and maatum for his uncle Hamza ra. Shibli Numani

When the Prophet saw passed away, it is documented that Aisha ra said 'I got up beating my chest and slapping my face along with the other women' ibn Kathir.

Also when Hazrat Umar ra heard of N'uman ibn Muqrin's death he beat his head and screamed ' O what a pity that Nu'man is dead' al-Hindi

Perhaps, when we ridicule others, it will come back to us?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X