Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from

I think it's called entertainment. I usually wouldn't pay more than a tenner really but this film is only showing in one cinema in the whole city so I have no choice. :/
    [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Re: Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
      I think it's called entertainment. I usually wouldn't pay more than a tenner really but this film is only showing in one cinema in the whole city so I have no choice. :/
      Entertainment which doesn't benefit, which in fact, is harmful for you in the long run.

You know what you've posted in your signature? The movies you watch encourages the wrong that she's doing.

Shaythan pulls us slowly towards him from different sources, better if we give it up for our own good.
      [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
        Entertainment which doesn't benefit, which in fact, is harmful for you in the long run.

You know what you've posted in your signature? The movies you watch encourages the wrong that she's doing.

Shaythan pulls us slowly towards him from different sources, better if we give it up for our own good.
        Everything in moderation.....
        [FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulOne View Post
          Everything in moderation.....
          Indeed. But not for haram. For haram, we stay away completely. Otherwise I could stare at women every day for 5 minutes only justifying it with moderation. Or commit zina only once a year. Or disobey my parents only once a week.

There's no moderation in haram, Ukhti :P
          Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 20-11-14, 05:06 PM.
          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Either way, just my advise to leave it. Up to you how it goes from here on. :frog:

Comment

bump

Comment

All you have to say about Breaking Bad is "adulterous wife?"

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyBoy View Post
                  All you have to say about Breaking Bad is "adulterous wife?"

Wow.
                  Not enough time to cover everything. Huehue.

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
                    Not enough time to cover everything. Huehue.
                    OK, but come on...that was by far the most boring sin committed:)

Comment

Are you saying things like the pokemon game series, mario, other nintendo games of the sort are haram

it would be a bit more helpful if you game some examples of the type of video games that might be classified as haram, like what you did for tv shows

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                        Are you saying things like the pokemon game series, mario, other nintendo games of the sort are haram

it would be a bit more helpful if you game some examples of the type of video games that might be classified as haram, like what you did for tv shows
                        Depends on the game obviously. If some haram things (swearing, killing, zina etc.) is being done in the game then yes.

Also the music should be turned off for the non-haram games
                        Last edited by |Abdur Raheem|; 11-04-15, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Woah that was helpful. I used to love watching good movies to take my mind of and be in a different world but thats obviously wrong because its taking ur mind of the real purpose.

May Allah ( swt ) grant us hidaya to use time wisely. Ameen
                          7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD] :up:

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
                          Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him:love:

Comment

Can mods move this to Learning Islam section ,please? :jkk:

Comment

hmm...

Comment

Jazakhallahu Khairan for the beneficial reminder, very true and makes perfect sense, and useful because I feel a lot of us still do some of these things..

Music I don't listen to, annoying thing is when I'm in someone's car and their playing Music, and wont turn it off, don't really know what to do there..
                                Sometimes I play console games, not that often, and not the violent ones really, but still I'm assuming that's wrong..

Also, with Tv and Movie shows, I used to watch like a lot, and I have cut down like super drastically, compared to before, but haven't managed yet to stop watching altogether...Still working on that Insha ' Allah. It's hard when people around you are watching movies and films quite a lot, because when you're there, will just end up sitting and watching... Not quite sure how to make the final leap.

Comment

Working...
                                X