Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from

Originally posted by Thedon! View Post
    this is acc a good one. This thought never crossed my mind..

all these naruto episodes for 10 years ive been streaming from kissanime
    and the full metal alchemist
    You owe japan big time, anime costs like 10$ per minute :)

Comment

Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from it.

To the OP.

Your monster opening post to this thread, was it your own work or did you copy it from somewhere? Either way it's heen meticulously researched to highlight all the seedy and sordid bits of every trashy American series that's currently on. TV and movie producers must be doing hi 5's and contacting you to thank you for the free publicity you've given on here..!!!

Mate, we all know what kind of rubbish is on our tellies. There was no need to spell it out as graphically as you did.

"The message is important but the way you tell it is even more important"

Comment

Re: Haram entertainment (TV shows, movies,games etc.) & why we should stay away from

Originally posted by Hadid View Post
        You owe japan big time, anime costs like 10$ per minute :)
        lmao trust me
        its so peak XDD
        oh well back to kissanime :o
        http://media.giphy.com/media/125pZ6JB0FVrxe/giphy.gif

Comment

:wswrwb:

:jkk:

One of the biggest problems with such haram entertainment is the amount of time it wastes - time which could and probably should be spent on study and worship. One of the best things we can do is to get rid of the TV.
          Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Originally posted by |Abdur Raheem| View Post
            If you find the great amount of zina that goes on in that show disturbing then it should be easier. If I recall, there was an episode where Ross was kissing Chandler's mom and were going to commit zina or something. And we as the audience were supposed to laugh and find this funny.
            so... you've watched Friends then?

Comment

:salams
              Good topic!

Comment

this is true, when you watch tv and stuff it desensitizes you to these things and everytime your hearts makes a little bit more room for something haram or thinks its ok, your iman drops a bit and your less likely to be affected by the quran.

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                hes not saying hes never watched tv or movies but hes saying that we should try or best to abstain from them regardless because of the content.
                Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

lol just because you think you do not have the will or you are a weak willed individual does not gives you a right to watch it.

Either admit it that you cant and that you would try not to watch

or

shut up and do not say oh its so nice and interesting that i cannot stop watching it

yes you can. I was a movieholic but Alhamdolillah 18 months have passed and I have not seen any movie

Since 14 months I have not seen any tv show

See you can do it
                  Please Please Please Make Dua for these [URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?455964-Plz-Make-Dua-for-these-members&p=6715010&viewfull=1#post6715010"]Click Here[/URL] JazakAllahi

Comment

one thing people should understand about music is that its a powerful memory que that can evoke nostalgia, memories, and emotions in an instant. when you're lying in your death bed, you don't want to hear music or have music play in your head and then you think about all the 'what if' scenarios etc. it will distract you. and you will die without saying the shahada. do not let shaytan tempt you.
                    لآ اِلَهَ اِلّا اللّهُ مُحَمَّدٌ رَسُوُل اللّهِ

Comment

Thank you

Comment

When I was a teen/kid I spent most of my time watching tv,listening to music, and playing video games.

I don't watch much tv anymore unless it sports, I do play video games from time to time..& I really don't care for music anymore.

Now my addiction is the internet/computer :/

Comment

Originally posted by Asma28 View Post
                          Yes, like I said, I used to watch these things long time ago when I wasn't a practicing Muslim.
                          [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Bump.
                            [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

[FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR="#0066ff"][SIZE=4] We're all a little broken in our own little way and the last time I checked, broken crayons still colour the same...[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X