Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contradiction in Quran?

16:67

"And from the fruits of the palm trees and grapevines you take intoxicant and good provision. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who reason."

Right there it says alcohol is fine... but then it says in the Quran not to drink alcohol... how does that make sense?

Re: Contradiction in Quran?

Originally posted by ntf35 View Post

"And from the fruits of the palm trees and grapevines you take intoxicant and good provision. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who reason."

Right there it says alcohol is fine... but then it says in the Quran not to drink alcohol... how does that make sense?
    good question
    firstly the scholers differed in what سكر means here with minor differences so its not reffering to alcohol
    and they also say if its abrogated
    ﺇﺭﺣﻢ ﺗﺮﺣﻢ

Comment

i dont have enough knowlege to answer i hope somebody can ,but when i read it i dont read at its saying alchol ok as it says you take intoxicant AND good provision so to me it dont say alchol good but saying people get intoxicants from it

also from what i know parts of the Quran was sent at different times and alchol got banned later on until a surah came forbibbing it people was drinking ,as there is also a surah about making sure your not intoxicated before prayer with was reveled before alcohol was stopped .

maybe somebody will explain better for you as im no scholar

Comment

This was before the prohibition of alcohol took place.
        Alcohol was prohibited in the later half of Prophethood.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahid12321 View Post
          good question
          firstly the scholers differed in what سكر means here with minor differences so its not reffering to alcohol
          and they also say if its abrogated
          Muhsin Khan's translation 16:67
          And from the fruits of date-palms and grapes, you derive strong drink (this was before the order of the prohibition of the alcoholic drinks) and a goodly provision. Verily, therein is indeed a sign for people who have wisdom.

and even others quote as strong drink but it was before wine was made haram and it was gradually done where the pagans were such a drunkards they buried wine in their backyards for 10's or 100's of years and was a family prestige. So Allah gradually removed from them. at first it was detested , then it was haram when you are going to pray your salat and then completely banned such that when the order of ban was announced in Medina ,its said wines were dumped and streams of wine were seen flowing. They were so strong in Eeman they did not try to sell it and make money.

ABROGATION - real meaning

And This Quran verse gives the Right meaning for the word So Called ' ABROGATION'

Noble Quran 2:106 ''None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?

The Arabic word is Mansookh is often translated as abrogation which probably isn't the best meaning since it actually has some negative implications to it such as scrapping and quashing. Replacing, But in the above verse Arabic word Mansookh is translated as Abrogation but it means it does not scrap the previous verse but it actually brings a better verse than the previous one which is the exact meaning described by the Noble Quran itself which is also proved below from a verse of Quran 2:184 and hadith of Salama (raz anha) .

see in verse 2:184
          ''[Fasting for] a limited number of days. So whoever among you is ill or on a journey [during them] - then an equal number of days [are to be made up]. And upon those who are able [to fast, but with hardship] - a ransom [as substitute] of feeding a poor person [each day]. And whoever volunteers excess - it is better for him. But to fast is best for you, if you only knew.''

This Means though the Translators has TERMED the word as ''Abrogate or Cancel'' by reading the latter part of the verse its is NOT exactly CANCELLATION in both the Quran verse 2:184 and salama's Hadith but its as a replacement of '' SOMETHING BETTER or SIMILAR '' as the verse says in the last part of the verse 2:184 '"............................................. ... ........................................... And it is better for you that ye fast, if ye only knew.''

So compare the same with hadith from Salama '' When the Divine Revelation: "For those who can fast, they had a choice either fast, or feed a poor for every day," (2.184) was revealed, it was permissible for one to give a ransom and give up fasting, till the Verse succeeding it was revealed and abrogated it.

So its Clearly proved that though it is termed as '' Abrogate '' But it really
          did not mean cancellation but replacing with something better as in the verse 2:106.
          Last edited by talibilm09; 08-07-15, 03:56 AM.
          My sect - No Sect

My Aqeedah - http://legacy.quran.com/112 ( The Aqeedah of Sahabas)

Just a Muslim

Comment

Allah did create wine so He is letting us know that is his sign. Also, it was permissible to drink wine until the verse prohibiting it was revealed. Allah says in 1 verse that He abrogates a few laws in the Quran according to the period during 23 years.
            The companions of the Prophet Muhammed were drinking wine while still Muslims till Allah forbid it.

Comment

God changed in his mind about alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by tenerek View Post
                God changed in his mind about alcohol?
                You speak like a stupid or a kid, Allah says he want to make things easy for his believers so that he can bless them so read my previous post here. How this was evolved step after step because smokers & drunkards Quit many times, is the Proverb if you know what it means !

But companions of Prophet Quit those vices only once and for ever, if you know what I mean, that would breaks Guinness World Record books (if it was there ) of that time while the whole world was addicted to it .in a matter of 30 years Gentiles (as per bible) became the rulers of the world, Allah blessed them.
                Last edited by talibilm09; 16-09-14, 05:23 PM.
                My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by talibilm09 View Post
                  You speak like a stupid or a kid, Allah says he want to make things easy for his believers so that he can bless them so read my previous post here. How this was evolved step after step because smokers & drunkards Quit many times, is the Proverb if you know what it means !

But companions of Prophet Quit those vices only once and for ever, if you know what I mean, that would breaks Guinness World Record books (if it was there ) of that time while the whole world was addicted to it .in a matter of 30 years Gentiles (as per bible) became the rulers of the world, Allah blessed them.
                  Do Muslim alcoholics get the same deal today?

Comment

Ok but if God already knew that alcohol was going to be a problem even before creating humans, why allow it in the first place? Shouldn't it have been banned from the very start for man kind?

Comment

Questions like the above assume that everything here on Earth should have been perfect from the outset.

If alcohol was never created. If murder was never created. If all unhappiness was never created, wouldn't we have never had any haram things happening? But Allah (swt) willed that this Earth be a test and created life and death to see who is best in deeds, and He does what He pleases. Thus it's not surprising that something like alcohol exists, because bigger problems than alcohol exist for humans.
                      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Ok but if God already knew that alcohol was going to be a problem even before creating humans, why allow it in the first place? Shouldn't it have been banned from the very start for man kind?
                        It's a test for those people who were indulged in it to leave it for the sake of Allah

He could have banned it day 1. But He wanted to see who would abandon it after loving it.

Comment

Originally posted by tenerek View Post
                          Do Muslim alcoholics get the same deal today?
                          You ask again a stupid question again don't you know that they don't. and Muslims today are already Muslims who are away or should be away from intoxication already unlike the sahabas or companions who were the roots of consolidation of Islam so that we are blessed todaywith Islam. If they did not accept Islam we would be worshipping idols and private parts & human beings,mann

If you want to blasphemme islam , do it openly by opening a thread, do not play hide & seek.
                          Last edited by talibilm09; 16-09-14, 06:34 PM.
                          My sect - No Sect

Just a Muslim

Comment

Contradiction in Quran?

Quite right, there do seem to be contradictions in the Quran. It's a great part of the test of being a good muslim...

Comment

before pro hibition took palce many muslims would drinking alcohol
                              the only reason he became forbidded is because alcohol would making them drunk therefore make them miss their prayers
                              i think if alchol did never get you drunk then maybe it would never have been forbiden in islam

Comment

Working...
                              X