is this a sin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this a sin?

I bought a small white canary and it's in a cage..

Is this comparable to the woman who closed her cat off and didnt feed it and wnt to jahannam??

I will feed and care for the bird, but I don't know if I can let it fly around my house ( how will I catch it gain to put it back in the cage )

is this a sin?

Bump

Comment

Re: is this a sin?

Looool iam really sorry but whenever I see your usernam rd. I crack up for like five minutes :rotfl:

Comment

Re: is this a sin?

:salams

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

It is permissible to keep a bird pet, provided one takes proper care of it, feed it, look after it and does not harm it in any way. It is a sin to be cruel or oppressive towards animals.

The Companion Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“A woman was punished for locking up a cat until it died of hunger, she will be sent to hell. She did not feed it neither releases it so that it could feed itself.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, 2/834, no. 2236)

And Allah Knows Best

[Mufti] Muhammad ibn Adam
        Darul Iftaa
        Leicester , UK
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

is this a sin?

Hehe it's all good as long as there's a smile on your face ! :)

Thankyou for the reply brother!
          But deep down in my heart, i imagine if I was a bird I wouldn't want to be in a cage :(

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X