What made you religious?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What made you religious?

For some its simply their upbringing or family environment that makes them religious. But for some its a certain incident or a feeling in life that makes them religious.

For me it has to be these 2 things:

1- Either I was depressed due to heartbreaks in life.

2- Either I was deeply ashamed of committing sins.

What was it for you?

Re: What made you religious?

i started to practise the religion like properly when my grandfather passed away. I started to take life seriously to an extent where i was about to write my will at age 15/16 lol. I was inspired by the story of the sahaba abdurrahman bin auf RA - he was a very charitable man and it got to me.

But yeah.. thats pretty much how i got into the deen.

Comment

Originally posted by ibzy View Post
      i started to practise the religion like properly when my grandfather passed away. I started to take life seriously to an extent where i was about to write my will at age 15/16 lol. I was inspired by the story of the sahaba abdurrahman bin auf- he was a very charitable man and it got to me.

But yeah.. thats pretty much how i got into the deen.
      It has been an up and down journey for me, sometime I slip from my religious track then I turn back to it and the cycle goes on. But whenever I hit lows in my life, its always religion that I think about and it gives me peace and hope. I hope I stay on my religious track and never slip away from it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hillside View Post
        It has been an up and down journey for me, sometime I slip from my religious track then I turn back to it and the cycle goes on. But whenever I hit lows in my life, its always religion that I think about and it gives me peace and hope. I hope I stay on my religious track and never slip away from it.
        yhh it happens bro,nbut u just gotta pick your self up and keep trying to stay steadfast.

Comment

I need to be more religious. I got interested in becoming religious after reading the seerah of the Messenger :saw: ~ it's actually sad, back in the day even faasiqs/hypocrites used to pray 5 times a day. Now if you pray 5 times a day your considered religious. Which is why I hate when people refer to me as religious because I pray, come on that's the bear minimum people! ~ sorry I went off topic
          Last edited by hadmatter; 07-01-15, 05:16 AM.
          Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

It was a visit to a certain country which summed up dunya for me! Realisation of dunya led me to resale there will/has to be justice and sense in an akhira.

:alhumdull

Comment

since I was young, I was eager to learn and pray.

Learnt before my older siblings and loved praying alongside my mum

back then i didnt know so i would just copy the actions ..just seemed fun
              My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

oh yeah, my aunty was the main person that got me and my brother and my cousins to pray and practise the deen. It wasnt my parents, just that one aunty of mine that would constantly remind us to pray, not to listen to music and she even taught me, my brother and cousins how to pray salatul dhur - so she's :insha: gettin a lot of reward for passing on that knowledge.

Comment

I'm striving to be religious, calling myself religious now is an insult to those that are actually religious.
                  Last edited by thatgirlZahraa; 27-06-14, 07:53 PM.

Comment

For me it started less than a year back when I was addicted to worldly pleasure. I kept playing games, watching movies, tv shows and other filthy things I can't even mention.
                    Despite all of this I was unhappy with life, I realized that I just want more and more and more. I'd never be satisfied with my life.
                    Then one day (I consider it to be one of the best days of my life) I sat down and contemplated about the world and how we all chase these things only to become unhappy again. Life is a ride of Happy, sad, Happy,sad.....I wanted to be happy constantly. Then I realized the world was just an illusion and our worldly lives are pointless since the 60-70 years we live is a comic blink of the eye compared to the billions of years before us and after us. The only way I could achieve true happiness was in Jannah. I thank Allah for guiding me. If I continued the life I was living, I most probably would have ended up being in Jahanam forever. Then I started watching videos on Youtube about Islam through Zakir Naik, Nouman Ali Khan, Mufti Menk etc. And I realized how clever this religion was. Everything had a wisdom behind it. Before I used to wonder why Islam was so strict with male-female interaction, but I now I very clearly see why it is the way it is.

May Allah guide us to the straight path and make us more pious than we can hope to be :)
                    [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdur Raheem :) View Post
                      For me it started less than a year back when I was addicted to worldly pleasure. I kept playing games, watching movies, tv shows and other filthy things I can't even mention.
                      Despite all of this I was unhappy with life, I realized that I just want more and more and more. I'd never be satisfied with my life.
                      Then one day (I consider it to be one of the best days of my life) I sat down and contemplated about the world and how we all chase these things only to become unhappy again. Life is a ride of Happy, sad, Happy,sad.....I wanted to be happy constantly. Then I realized the world was just an illusion and our worldly lives are pointless since the 60-70 years we live is a comic blink of the eye compared to the billions of years before us and after us. The only way I could achieve true happiness was in Jannah. I thank Allah for guiding me. If I continued the life I was living, I most probably would have ended up being in Jahanam forever. Then I started watching videos on Youtube about Islam through Zakir Naik, Nouman Ali Khan, Mufti Menk etc. And I realized how clever this religion was. Everything had a wisdom behind it. Before I used to wonder why Islam was so strict with male-female interaction, but I now I very clearly see why it is the way it is.

May Allah guide us to the straight path and make us more pious than we can hope to be :)
                      Very inspiring.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hillside View Post
                        Very inspiring.
                        :jkk:
                        [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Book Antiqua][CENTER][B][URL="http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?459504-Immensely-rewarding-dhikr!!!&highlight="]IMMENSELY REWARDING DHIKR!!![/URL][/B][/CENTER][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=4][COLOR="#2F4F4F"][CENTER]Before you post, think..."Will this help me when I stand before Allah?" If it doesn't, then you're wasting time....[/CENTER][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

My little cousin helped me come to Islam. Went through difficult times to live halal but sadly now after 11 years my imaan is very low due to many responsibilities
                          There is a clock on your forehead counting down to the time of your death. Only Allah knows how many seconds are left on it

Comment

Originally posted by cuezed View Post
                            My little cousin helped me come to Islam. Went through difficult times to live halal but sadly now after 11 years my imaan is very low due to many responsibilities
                            Dhikr

recite Allah's names, he loves when u call out to him

u can do it whenever, wen ur having a lunch break or walking home etc
                            My ♥ only lets الله‎ in

Comment

The suffering of the muslims and the love for Jihad and the Mujahidin.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X