Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teletubbies to return to children's screens

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-27834804

No doubt 2 coincide with da current gay offensive on children.

Teletubbies to return to children's screens

Teletubbies brings about a lot of memories

:/ scary ones
    The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Re: Teletubbies to return to children's screens

oh God, no!
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

I remember watching the original version of this show, before they camped out the characters. was an obvious attempt to influence young minds, disgusting
        FOLLOW THE NEW BLOG - GINGERBEARDMAN - Muslim, father, husband, writer, defender of ginger rights!

www.facebook.com/outreach4Islam - Outreach4Islam have been working together in Leicester, calling the not yet Muslims to Islam since 2006.

Comment

I dislike teletubbies just as much as the next person, but how does it have anything to do with homosexuality?
          "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Tinky winky with his handbag and camp hand
            Movements
            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

Boycott the BBC!
              Account disabled.

Comment

They need an alternative way of corrupting children now that Jimmy Saville is dead

Comment

i saw the tweenies the othe day!!!

lots of memoies of the kids when tehy were young.

they used to love it

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

please donate to the Ummah forum sadaqa jariya project. Click on the link for for more information, and to make a donation- https://www.justgiving.com/sadaqah-jariyah-project/

Comment

Comment

Tinky Winky, Dipsy, LaLa, Po.

God why does this thing haev to come back, even after like 15 years later and i still haven't gotten that god awful theme song outta my head....
                      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

What does teletubbies have to do with being gay?

Comment

Originally posted by leela View Post
                          I dislike teletubbies just as much as the next person, but how does it have anything to do with homosexuality?
                          Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                          Absolutely nothing.

It was a Christian fundamentalist named Jerry Falwell who started saying that they were a part of the "gay agenda". He was one of those American "give me money" preachers who linked everything to either a communist plot or a gay plot. Apparently his message spread.

Comment

Originally posted by |Sister| View Post
                            The guy who dressed in the purple teletubbie, is gay. http://thewashingtonbeltsider.wordpr...its-he-is-gay/
                            From wikipedia
                            The programme was also at the centre of a controversy when American televangelist and conservative pundit Jerry Falwell claimed in 1999 that Tinky Winky, one of the Teletubbies, was a homosexual role model for children. Falwell based this conclusion on the character's purple colour and triangular antenna; both the colour purple and the triangle are sometimes used as symbols of the Gay Pride movement.
                            Tinky Winky controversy
                            Tinky Winky started a still hinted-at controversy in 1999 because of his carrying a bag that looks much like a woman's handbag (although he was first "outed" by the academic and cultural critic Andy Medhurst in a letter of July 1997 to The Face).[citation needed] He aroused the interest of Jerry Falwell in 1999 when Falwell alleged that the character was a "gay role model". Falwell issued an attack in his National Liberty Journal, citing a Washington Post "In/Out" column which stated that lesbian comedian Ellen DeGeneres was "out" as the chief national gay representative, while trendy Tinky Winky was "in." He warned parents that Tinky Winky could be a covert homosexual symbol, because "he is purple, the gay pride color, and his antenna is shaped like a triangle: the gay pride symbol."[6]

The BBC, who co-produced the programme, made an official response, "Tinky Winky is simply a sweet, technological baby with a magic bag." Ken Viselman of Itsy-Bitsy Entertainment, who distributed the show in the USA, commented, "He's not gay. He's not straight. He's just a character in a children's series."[11]

In May 2007, Polish Ombudsman for Children Ewa Sowińska revisited the matter, and planned to order an investigation.[12] She said in the 28 May 2007 edition of Wprost[full citation needed] that the handbag-carrying Tinky Winky could promote homosexuality. Journalists from Wprost mentioned claims that the Teletubbies promote homosexuality, to which Sowińska replied that she had heard of the issue. The journalists then asked about Tinky Winky. "I noticed that he has a woman's handbag, but I didn't realize he's a boy," Sowińska told the magazine, adding, "Later I learned that there could be some hidden homosexual undertones." Sowińska said she would ask her office's psychologists to look into the allegations, "and judge whether it can be shown on public television and whether the suggested problem really exists."

But on 30 May 2007, Sowińska said in a public statement that she no longer suspected the Teletubbies of promoting homosexuality. She said: "The opinion of a leading sexologist, who maintains that this series has no negative effects on a child's psychology, is perfectly credible. As a result I have decided that it is no longer necessary to seek the opinion of other psychologists."[13]

Despite the objections, the Independent on Sunday's editors included Tinky Winky as the only fictional character in the 2008 inaugural "Happy List", alongside 99 real-life adults recognised for making Britain a better and happier place.[14]

Comment

Originally posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
                              Tinky winky with his handbag and camp hand
                              Movements
                              They all come across asexual to me. Just a sexless character with the disposition of a toddler. How on earth people attribute stereotypical gay characteristics to toddlers entertainment is disturbing.
                              "Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so too" Essay on Tolerance, Voltaire

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X