No announcement yet.

Umrah on my own or wait till December?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umrah on my own or wait till December?

:salams brothers and sisters,

I was just wondering.. I'm at first year uni, I have saved some money from working, Alhamdulilah. To go to Umrah this year, In'Sha'Allah.
    I asked my mum today, I thought I should ask her at least before I buy any tickets, because I can't just disappear for 2 weeks or even 2 days.

She said apparently I am still to young too travel on my own.. and that if I was going with friends it would be okay otherwise it's a no? I asked my friends,
    but it seems either they don't want to go because of financial reasons or they don't want to go because

" they are not ready for Umrah. "

I haven't made many friends at university this year.. and the ones that I have, well their response is above ^^.

I really want to go this summer, but if my parent's say no, then I don't mind waiting till december to meet new friends at university and then travel with them this winter.

I don't think I can persuade them anymore.. Any suggestions?

Do you think I should still try to ask them to let me go on my own? Or do you think it's best to go with a group of people, for safety reasons?
    Raising money for Bangladesh in 2019 - www.justgiving.com/minhajul

Re: Umrah on my own or wait till December?

wa alaykum asalaam,

there were people on their own who came with our group when we went. there were quite a few lone brothers and guess what, they made friends with each other when they were there almost straight away. it was not an issue in the slightest. if you go with a group. chances are you'll get put in a room with random people and you'll be 'forced' to make friends. there's no escaping it really unless you are being antisocial.

and even if you didn't have anybody to go with, who cares?
    trust me, when you get there you won't think about being alone or with a whole bunch of people because you are just happy you've made it to the haramain.

and you know what, who's guaranteeing you life till Winter?
    if you have a chance, get on a plane bro and take up the opportunity to go.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Comment

Originally posted by Minhajul View Post
      :salams brothers and sisters,

I was just wondering.. I'm at first year uni, I have saved some money from working, Alhamdulilah. To go to Umrah this year, In'Sha'Allah.
      I asked my mum today, I thought I should ask her at least before I buy any tickets, because I can't just disappear for 2 weeks or even 2 days.

She said apparently I am still to young too travel on my own.. and that if I was going with friends it would be okay otherwise it's a no? I asked my friends,
      but it seems either they don't want to go because of financial reasons or they don't want to go because

" they are not ready for Umrah. "

I haven't made many friends at university this year.. and the ones that I have, well their response is above ^^.

I really want to go this summer, but if my parent's say no, then I don't mind waiting till december to meet new friends at university and then travel with them this winter.

I don't think I can persuade them anymore.. Any suggestions?

Do you think I should still try to ask them to let me go on my own? Or do you think it's best to go with a group of people, for safety reasons?
      this is so typical.
      70 scholars issued fatawas that Imam Ahmad b. Hanbal should be executed! That was the popular opinion back then, don't be fooled by popular opinion today! - Ahmad Musa jibreel

Tawheed Series - click

Comment

Umrah on my own or wait till December?

:)
        Last edited by dizzyfish; 04-03-15, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirius View Post
          wa alaykum asalaam,

there were people on their own who came with our group when we went. there were quite a few lone brothers and guess what, they made friends with each other when they were there almost straight away. it was not an issue in the slightest. if you go with a group. chances are you'll get put in a room with random people and you'll be 'forced' to make friends. there's no escaping it really unless you are being antisocial.

and even if you didn't have anybody to go with, who cares?
          trust me, when you get there you won't think about being alone or with a whole bunch of people because you are just happy you've made it to the haramain.

and you know what, who's guaranteeing you life till Winter?
          if you have a chance, get on a plane bro and take up the opportunity to go.
          :jkk: Sister. I just thought the experience would be better because then you have people to share it with, and also when you go out.. for food or whatever reason, you won't be alone, for safety reasons of course.

Comment

Salaam brother,

I am someone who tries never to delay good things. Besides, you'll never be alone in Umrah. You'll meet interesting pple in your group and you'll see that all your fears will vanish. Go while you have the opportunity to.
            Last edited by نهلة; 28-05-14, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Don't throw away this opportunity or else you'll regret it.

Go on your own.

There's no guarantee you'll live to see the sunrise 2maro.

Comment

Wa alaikum salam

I would suggest if you cannot persuade your mum that you can go alone then it is best that you go with a friend or two, in that way you have company in your travels. Since umrah is not fardh on you, rather go with your mother's permission. Or can you take her with?

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

:wswrwb:

There is point in going to the House of Allah swt having disobeyed your parents.

Make dua, talk to them, and ask your mum to come with you.

If they say no, then don't go. They wi be little khair in it for you if you do.

Obedience to parents is not negotiable. ...and it this case it may be better for you
                  وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

I would just like to clarify OP that obv, you'd persuade your mother to go before you actually head off.
                    the advice you received from some posters would be in light of this. I don't think anyone would encourage you to disobey your mother for an act that is not compulsory but rather just show you that it is not bad to go on your own.

lol, but as usual Ummah forum requires tedious disclaimers.
                    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                    علي الحبشي

Comment

Disobeying your mother is a major sin! Also they said you can't go to hajj alone not that you can't go at all. Find someone to go with like cuzins, parents, and or friends. If not then you should try to persuade your parents. But if they say no do not disobey them.

Comment

:jkk: for all your responses! I have spoken to my mum, and she said she will try her best to come with me, if she can get time off work.. otherwise she said she will consider letting me go on my own, this Ramadan! :D

I'll make dua for all you guys, :jkk: In'Sha'Allah all of you get to go sometime real soon. :D

Comment

That is nice to know that your mother is even considering to let you go on your own.

Insh'allah you get to perform umrah, with her duas and blessings ~ and keep us all in your duas jazkallah khair.

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                            That is nice to know that your mother is even considering to let you go on your own.

Insh'allah you get to perform umrah, with her duas and blessings ~ and keep us all in your duas jazkallah khair.
                            I know right! Very excited, Alhamdulilah. ' and I will definitely keep you all in my duas Sky. :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X