Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Receiving food from muslim neighbours.

Asalaimu aleikum everyone,

I am muslim and so are my neighbours and we live in Europe.
    So my neighbours gifted us some food but I had doubts whether it was halal or not but my parents forced me to eat it. My neighbours do not wear hijab and her clothes are too tight as well and I dont know whether they pray salah or not, I think they are munafiq. Are we allowed to eat food we are gifted from other muslims or should we ask whether it is halal. I think it would be quite offensive to ask whether something is halal when it is gifted to you.

Whats more; Most people eat haram daily without even knowing it since so many products contain haram ingredients but people do not check them and just eat everything.

TL DR; Are we allowed to eat food we receive from other muslims while we have doubts about it being halal or not?

Re: Receiving food from muslim neighbours.

wa alaykum assalam

you should really ask a shaykh, there is live QA today at 8:30pm GMT on ummah radio.

alternatively try askimam or Islamqa etc.
    "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
    X