This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The how old are you thread

it got locked... guessing it was because age is actually a part of the sister's awrah's despite the fact that so many sisters in that thread said it wasn't

well that was an epic thread R.I.P.

on a side note is there any hadith's that confirm that this is true? i've heard it was a part of the awrah myself but no evidence was provided BUT i don't doubt that it is actually part of the awrah

Re: The how old are you thread

I never knew age was part of awrah... when i apply to many things there are times i put my age on it... and so on so forth. I expose my age on a daily/weekly bases... not in the internet buy daily life... man, even my personal important email contains my date of birth within it...

I must go back and read that thread.

Edit: after reading it... no one was arguing over the issue of age awrah... what are you on about?
    Last edited by Maghrebia00; 01-05-14, 11:11 AM.
    Bye...

Comment

age is not awrah just like my name is not awrah.

thread got closed becuse noone needs to know how old anyone is, men or women.
      O people who take pleasure in a life that will vanish, falling in love with a fading shadow is sheer stupidity~ Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyya

Comment

shall i close this one too?
        "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

btw just wondering why don;t they ever ask, 'how young are you?'
          "The objective behind Shari'ah is to liberate individuals from his desires in order to be a true Abd (slave) of Allah and that is the legitimate Maslaha... Violating the Shari'ah under the pretext of following Maqasid al-Shari'ah is like the one who cares about the spirit without the body and since the body without the spirit is useless therefore the spirit without the body is useless too." ~ Imam Shatibi - The greatest intellectual founder of Maqasid al-Shari'ah

Comment

The how old are you thread

i dont get how its part of ones awrah . like asking each other b4 marriage which means alot

Comment

Originally posted by Maghrebia00 View Post
              Edit: after reading it... no one was arguing over the issue of age awrah... what are you on about?
              Read the last few posts. A few sisters edited their posts with the reason "haram" or just "nvm"

And yes, we were arguing whether or not it was a siters awrah in some posts. A sister came along and said it was part of the awrah and there was a dispute among us whether or not this was true.

If the thread was locked for another reason I find it pretty pathetic. People had the choice to reveal their age in a post or keep it as a private statistic on the poll.
              Last edited by Dream-; 01-05-14, 11:44 AM.

Comment

There is no such thing as age being awrah whatsoever. This should end it off...

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                  There is no such thing as age being awrah whatsoever. This should end it off...
                  Originally posted by Dream- View Post
                  If the thread was locked for another reason I find it pretty pathetic. People had the choice to reveal their age in a post or keep it as a private statistic on the poll.
                  ...or just stay away from the thread all together.

Comment

ANyway, its rude to ask women their age!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X