Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is International Workers day - what is the state of labourers in your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is International Workers day - what is the state of labourers in your country?

Assalamualykum

I always feel ashamed of modern Muslims, because of the way laborers are treated in Muslim countries, and also because of how modern Muslims tend to disrespect the works that are laborious. But our Prophet :saw: used to graze goats:

Abu Hurairah reported from the Holy Prophet who said: Allah did not raise up any Prophet who did not graze goats. His companions asked: you too? ‘yes’ said he, I used to tend goats for the inhabitants of Makkah for some qirats. (Bukhari)

Imagine how our present generation would ridicule him?

I miss the days when I used to do a laborious job in Sweden. It taught me humility, it kept me fit. I hope our young Muslims will remember this hadith:
    Meqdam-b-Ma’de Yakrab reported that the Messenger of Allah said: Never has any one eaten a better food than what he has eaten out of the labour of his own hands; and David, the Prophet of Allah, used to eat out of the labour of his own hands.(Bukhari)

I pray to Allah that modern rich Muslims who treat their Laborers badly would just pay attention this hadith:
    Once the hands of a companion of the Holy Prophet became black by working with a hammer. The Holy Prophet, seeing his hands, enquired as to what had happened? He replied that it was because he had worked with a hammer on a very hard ground to earn livelihood for his family. Hearing this the Holy Prophet kissed his hands (and was pleased to know that he was earning an honest living by hard work).(Bukhari)

I have seen kids of age 4, breaking bricks with their tiny soft hands, I pray Allah gives them a heaven for their suffering in this life. Thinking about that little boy is piercing my heart, what a cruel world we live in.

What is the state of laborers in your respective countries?

Please pray for the laborers, please pray for the thousand odd laborers died in Rana plaza so that they get Allah's reward for suffering under cruel humans in this life.
    Last edited by SoulMuslim; 01-05-14, 10:43 AM.

Re: Today is International Workers day - what is the state of labourers in your count

more like what is the state of the unemployed in my country?

Comment

Re: Today is International Workers day - what is the state of labourers in your count

Originally posted by SoulMuslim View Post
      Assalamualykum

I always feel ashamed of modern Muslims, because of the way laborers are treated in Muslim countries, and also because of how modern Muslims tend to disrespect the works that are laborious. But our Prophet :saw: used to graze goats:

Abu Hurairah reported from the Holy Prophet who said: Allah did not raise up any Prophet who did not graze goats. His companions asked: you too? ‘yes’ said he, I used to tend goats for the inhabitants of Makkah for some qirats. (Bukhari)

Imagine how our present generation would ridicule him?

I miss the days when I used to do a laborious job in Sweden. It taught me humility, it kept me fit. I hope our young Muslims will remember this hadith:
      Meqdam-b-Ma’de Yakrab reported that the Messenger of Allah said: Never has any one eaten a better food than what he has eaten out of the labour of his own hands; and David, the Prophet of Allah, used to eat out of the labour of his own hands.(Bukhari)

I pray to Allah that modern rich Muslims who treat their Laborers badly would just pay attention this hadith:
      Once the hands of a companion of the Holy Prophet became black by working with a hammer. The Holy Prophet, seeing his hands, enquired as to what had happened? He replied that it was because he had worked with a hammer on a very hard ground to earn livelihood for his family. Hearing this the Holy Prophet kissed his hands (and was pleased to know that he was earning an honest living by hard work).(Bukhari)

I have seen kids of age 4, breaking bricks with their tiny soft hands, I pray Allah gives them a heaven for their suffering in this life. Thinking about that little boy is piercing my heart, what a cruel world we live in.

What is the state of laborers in your respective countries?

Please pray for the laborers, please pray for the thousand odd laborers died in Rana plaza so that they get Allah's reward for suffering under cruel humans in this life.
      Very nice post. I work in the construction industry as a plasterer. Definitely is a blue collar job but I thank Allah Azza wa Jall for giving me the ability to earn a halal living with my hands. Al-Hamdulilah
      "When a man sees the road as long he weakens in his walk." Ibn Qayyim

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X