Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the grading of this hadith by the majority of scholars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the grading of this hadith by the majority of scholars?

Re: What is the grading of this hadith by the majority of scholars?

This is a correct Hadeeth I suppose.

Albani ( ra ) is reliable person.

what is your issue with this hadeeth , can you specify please :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
      This is a correct Hadeeth I suppose.

Albani ( ra ) is reliable person.

what is your issue with this hadeeth , can you specify please :scratch:
      Its not an issue but I'm just confused

How can an extra year of ibada even be compared to the virtues of dying as a shaheed and fighting in Jihad longer than another person?

Allah reserved Jannahtul Firdaws for those who fight in Jihad Fisabilillah but a person who only lived longer for an extra year has a higher rank and entered Jannah before him?

Comment

Wa Laikum Asalaam Wr Wb Akhy,

The hadith is pointing towards a long life spent in doing good deeds and is no way claiming that its above Jihad Fesabelillah. For example this hadith is quoted to emphasize on Virtues of Fasting and also on Virtues of Hajj. Moreover as for fasting Allah says in Hadith Qudsi that "fasting is for Me and I will reward for it..." What we need to understand is that the reward / Sawab of our Deeds / acts depend on the quality and spirit under which we perform.

We should not only focus on the kind of Deeds we do but also on the quality and circumstances under which they are performed.

May Allah guide you and all of us towards the right path. Ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Mohamed12 View Post
          Its not an issue but I'm just confused

How can an extra year of ibada even be compared to the virtues of dying as a shaheed and fighting in Jihad longer than another person?

Allah reserved Jannahtul Firdaws for those who fight in Jihad Fisabilillah but a person who only lived longer for an extra year has a higher rank and entered Jannah before him?
          I do not think that the deeds of Martyr and another companion is being compared in this hadeeth.

It says that one entered before the other.

Moreover , Jannatul Firdous is not reserved for Martyrs only. Firdous like other Paradise has levels , the top level belongs to prophets ( peace be on all ) and so forth according to deeds. Even a common person can reach Firdaus. :D

Allah ( swt ) says :

1. Successful indeed are the believers.

2. Those who offer their Salat (prayers) with all solemnity and full submissiveness.

3. And those who turn away from Al-Laghw (dirty, false, evil vain talk, falsehood, and all that Allah has forbidden).

4. And those who pay the Zakat .

5. And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts)

6. Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, for then, they are free from blame;

7. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors;

8. Those who are faithfully true to their Amanat (all the duties which Allah has ordained, honesty, moral responsibility and trusts etc.) and to their covenants;

9. And those who strictly guard their (five compulsory congregational) Salawat (prayers) (at their fixed stated hours).

10. These are indeed the inheritors.

11. Who shall inherit the Firdaus (Paradise). They shall dwell therein forever.

( surah Muminoon , verses 1 - 11)

These are characteristics of people who will be in Firdous .

Comment

What is the grading of this hadith by the majority of scholars?

Ahki I didn't mean it that way but don't worry I believe the Hadith is weak

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=10086

Comment

Thanks for information :up:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X