• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya'sin
    replied
    Re: E = mc^2 is Shirk

Originally posted by SILURES View Post
    maybe it means cannot be destroyed or created by mans efforts?
    yes good point, but then again it has to make sense for the big bang theory doesn't it so........hmmmm.......just a means of supporting that theory?

Leave a comment:

• SILURES
    replied

The theory states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it merely transforms into matter and vice versa.
    maybe it means cannot be destroyed or created by mans efforts?

Leave a comment:

• Ya'sin
    replied

Islamic online university? I'm interested in applying in sha Allah

I wouldn't have thought of the equation in that way, to be honest most of the laws of physics is similar and most of them are just theories

Leave a comment:

• Hadid
    replied

nvm
    Last edited by Hadid; 27-04-14, 09:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dzj1
    replied

Maybe because such worldly laws may be nullified by Allah (swt) at His will or another way of looking at is that we humans are also created from pre-existent clay and have been breathed into of Allah's spirit. And after we die, we are resurrected. On another note, some scholars say that heaven and hell will be on Earth, perhaps those also are the result of a transformation.
    Last edited by dzj1; 27-04-14, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Muslimman3
    started a topic E = mc^2 is Shirk

E = mc^2 is Shirk

:salams brothers and sisters,

I have a question pertaining to the title. I'm currently taking a course from IOU and I fell on this:

"Einstein's Theory of Relativity (E = mc2, Energy is equal to mass times the square of the speed of light) taught in all schools is in fact an expression of Shirk in al-Asmaa was-Sifaat. The theory states that energy can neither be created nor destroyed; it merely transforms into matter and vice versa. However, both matter and energy are created entities and they both will be destroyed as Allaah clearly states:"

"Allaah is the creator of all things..."

"Everything in (the world) will perish..."

The theory also implies that mass and energy are eternal having no beginning or end since they are supposed to be uncreated and transform into each other. However, this attribute belongs only to Allaah who alone is without beginning or end.

I never really thought about the first law of thermodynamics as being a statement of shirk until today and I'm a bit confused. It's true that Allah SWT can do whatever he wishes but this law of thermodynamics refers only to the universe we live in [I think], and not to what was in it's place before the BigBang or after the Last Hour .
    In other words, this 1st law of thermodynamics seems to be true in terms of current knowledge of the universe and since it's Allah SWT who created the law of physics like gravity, why is this statement considered to be shirk?

Source: http://books.google.ca/books?id=M1iG...sifaat&f=false
Working...
X